Something Interesting...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I can't see that anyone who has turned down a £200,000 offer from the Whitby people could ever be accused of being "in it for the money".
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
pandemon
Road Kill

if they are really in need of spending their 200K in whitby, then I guess they have to change the name of the festival...

Back in the day when Children on Stun played in whitby, they didn't even get paid enough to cover BnB ... they ended up sleeping in our room, hospitality is a virtue in sweden ;)
... keep laughing ... kindredspirits.tk - debut album out now!
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I can't see that anyone who has turned down a £200,000 offer from the Whitby people could ever be accused of being "in it for the money".
Very true. There are alot of people who are. :von: isn't one of them.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

DeWinter wrote:"being critical of the sisters is of course "allowed" when it comes from heartlanders- but is it just me or are they some of "us" who constantly moan/whinge/slag them off? i don't know why they don't go somewhere that they do like the subject under discussion. "

If that was directed at me..
I'm perfectly willing to admit the brilliance of The Sisters,as and when they are.FALAA is almost permanently on my cd player,and I think "We are the same,Susanne" has the most addictive guitar lick since "Sweet child o' mine" by GnR.
But...
The band seem to be an almost pure "for the money" outfit these days.You may well be willing to hear the same setlist many years in a row,but I'm not!!
The band could be something special,and as is,seem to be on auto-pilot.When something happens that's worth celebrating,I'll be amongst the rest of you cheeering,but as is,I see no reason to celebrate a case of same old,same old.
so you don't think the sisters are brilliant any more (excepting your back-handed compliment of "suzanne"); so you are not willing to hear the same setlist year in year out; so you don't think the sisters are something special and that a 50 gig+ world tour is worth celebrating....well, we do. i rest my case. :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Surekill 1311
Road Kill

More words on the current situation...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase ... oid=328484

Can't recall if this has been posted before... If it has please forgive me...

"Different Bush, same gene pool.
This new one’s not even much of an evolution when you look at his chimpy little eyes, is it?" - Classic!!!

Love the sisters, always have, always will... :notworthy:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Surekill 1311 wrote:More words on the current situation...

This new one’s not even much of an evolution when you look at his chimpy little eyes, is it?" - Classic!!!

:lol:

Haven't seen it before so thanks! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
DomConway
Filth

Surekill 1311 wrote:More words on the current situation...

I hadn't seen it either, nice work
the only thing to fear is fear itself
James Blast
Banned

@ Surekill 1311 thank you and welcome
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Yep, very nice indeed. I've been scouring all over the net for something cuurent like that...
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

As above, cheers mate and welcome. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

In response to the general discussion regarding the Sister’s credibility despite low output, I certainly agree Andrew makes the mistake of shunting his fan base. Whatever… I still respect his choice to do so. However, he could bill the Sisters as “Industrial rock�, if a label were necessary… this clues a new audience into the fact that certain mechanics are involved. It sounds more appropriate than “Goth rock�. Although some of that does indeed rock!

IMO, Andy and the Nurse should get together, update Doktor Avalanche and then go completely nuts! Throw in some ripping power chords and Andy could just rant away about whatever he needs to say. Sure, it wouldn’t be ‘Floodland’… nor would it be ‘Vision Thing’ or (to say the least) ‘First and Last and Always’. I don’t expect it to be nor would I want it to be. I’d simply buy it… and probably love it!

The Sisters have three hooks: Andy, the Doktor, rock-n-roll (i.e.; guitars).

That could be four depending how you look at it. That’s the least the Sisters need to put out a good record (which I’m sure could be produced independently). It might be in Andy’s best interest to peruse the so-called Goth/Industrial labels for an audience, as much as he may not wish to do so. I’m sure a 25th anniversary live album would be well promoted!

New album or no, I love the Sisters and will be glad to see them for my first time March 10th!

DrG

P.S.: I’ll see some of you at the Kool Haus in Toronto, Canada!
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
Surekill 1311
Road Kill

Cheers nice to feel welcome... :wink:

Been trawling round the net to see what else i could drag up and came across this...

http://vegasblog.latimes.com/vegas/2006 ... _merc.html

The general feel of the review is pretty... lets say sh*t. But one of the replies is more interesting... x-whatever... Someone sticking up for the moral majority and going on the post may have connections with the man upstairs... If nothing else someone setting the general mass media straight... Can't be all bad... Can't stand people that report the facts and don't do their homework... Which seem's to be the norm on the net postings about the current tour...

Oh well nevermind...
Electrochrome

"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

They nicked the picture of tours.tsom.org and put someone else's name underneath :eek:
http://tours.tsom.org/2005/ wrote:pictures © Nigel Kurt
http://www.hour.ca/music/music.aspx?iIDArticle=8567 wrote:Eldritch: King of the nutters
photo: Joseph Yarmush
Thanks for the link though :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Electrochrome wrote:Hello, just found this:

http://www.hour.ca/music/music.aspx?iIDArticle=8567
So far, the band's current setlist contains such all-time favourites as Dominion/Mother Russia, Vision Thing and Ribbons. But This Corrosion is glaringly missing. "We haven't played it so far, but we might. Depends if we think the audience needs to be punished. It's all punishment - it's just what kind we choose to deliver that day."

;D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

When it comes to goths and goth rock, Eldritch quickly dismisses the topic. These days the 46-year-old singer sports a clean-shaven head, wears yellow shirts and is far from the perfect goth poster boy he once was. "I don't really know why they ever bothered to attach themselves to us. You can't pick your disciples, and one way or the other you always end up with a bunch of nutters. They represent a certain section of our audience. And they are welcomed to buy tickets and come, I just hope they don't stop anyone else from coming."
Nicest thing he's said so far.
The mention of him being dubbed the "king" or "godfather" of goth elicits a groan. "There's no point in suing them is there? And apparently you can't kill them."
Always with the lawyers. And you can't kill what is already dead. ;)
Badlander
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
Try removing the head. :twisted:
Oops ! Sorry, too many z-movies. :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Electrochrome

Dark wrote:
When it comes to goths and goth rock, Eldritch quickly dismisses the topic. These days the 46-year-old singer sports a clean-shaven head, wears yellow shirts and is far from the perfect goth poster boy he once was. "I don't really know why they ever bothered to attach themselves to us. You can't pick your disciples, and one way or the other you always end up with a bunch of nutters. They represent a certain section of our audience. And they are welcomed to buy tickets and come, I just hope they don't stop anyone else from coming."
Nicest thing he's said so far.
The mention of him being dubbed the "king" or "godfather" of goth elicits a groan. "There's no point in suing them is there? And apparently you can't kill them."
You know.....the guy DID change his name to 'Andrew Eldritch'. He DID have a rather g***ic looking Patsy in the band. He does love Caslon Old Antique font, and the artwork on the old singles and albums is not exactly of the hippy variety...

But yes, the comment about hoping it doesn't stop others coming approaches the nicest thing he's said about the crowd in a while.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nice link, cheers.

I guess the reason he's welcoming the g*ths is that if they didn't show up there'd only be a coupla hundred people per show. Ouch.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Stoat Grinder
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote:

Nice link, cheers.

I guess the reason he's welcoming the g*ths is that if they didn't show up there'd only be a coupla hundred people per show. Ouch.
Aint that the truth..... He should be grateful if one man and his dog turn up to see the Gollum looking freak, seeing as they have done sweet FA in the way of product for so long.
Unspoilt By Progress