all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

The song which Andrew denies the existence of? :innocent:
robertzombie
Overbomber

I hope that isn't going to be a long version of Fragment. It would nice if there were some more lyrics.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

robertzombie wrote:I hope that isn't going to be a long version of Fragment. It would nice if there were some more lyrics.
Yes...that would be marvelous... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I read in an interview that Andy initially turned in a much longer version of Never Land, but that someone at the record co. wasn't thrilled to have an 11 minute (or something) song with 8 lines of lyrics... so I imagine there won't be any more lyrics in that one. Just a guess. Anyone have a reference for that interview? I've forgotten where I read it.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Karst
Slight Overbomber

There is an extended version - I think Eldritch referenced to it once. It is more demo-ish with the rhythm just plodding on further. I don't think there are any additional lyrics. Anybody else who has it can maybe shed more light on this. I think the Never Land issue might have been addressed in one of the UtR magazines?
pikkrong
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
James Blast wrote:just ordered FALAA and FLand from His Masters Vibes :D
As was I until the good wife mentioned I'll be one year older soon. But can I wait?
:urff:
I'll be one year older even sooner than you but no one has mentioned it in the context of presents :innocent:
so I had to order it from Amazon myself. hope everything will go well (in spite of the fact that the parcel will arrive when I'm far from home and it will take a month before I can listen to them finally :( )
do i drive
or am i driven
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Karst wrote:There is an extended version - I think Eldritch referenced to it once. It is more demo-ish with the rhythm just plodding on further. I don't think there are any additional lyrics. Anybody else who has it can maybe shed more light on this. I think the Never Land issue might have been addressed in one of the UtR magazines?
http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7454

It's not a great version, but it'll do.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Dark wrote:
Karst wrote:There is an extended version - I think Eldritch referenced to it once. It is more demo-ish with the rhythm just plodding on further. I don't think there are any additional lyrics. Anybody else who has it can maybe shed more light on this. I think the Never Land issue might have been addressed in one of the UtR magazines?

I guess that will be new Floodland version then... :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote:I read in an interview that Andy initially turned in a much longer version of Never Land
although the long version of course misses all the work that's put into a final release, it still is a nice track. it starts exactly the same way as the album track (with i think the second verse sung two times), but then goes on and on without lyrics, just different drum effects and even AE trying to hum falsetta. so it's very much the psychnotic effect of the repetition with ever slightly changing drums that does it for me. and especially the boom boom boom pats pats pats at the end :wink:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I'm Scottish, I'll dae anythin' tae save a few quid
I'll drink tae that (as long as ye're buying)! :innocent:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Dark wrote:

the long Never Land demo can also be found on this one:
http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=131734

it's pretty rough, but I quite like it...
in dub we trust
mh
Above the Chemist

And while they're at it, I wonder will they restore the original cover art of FALAA? That's a pretty essential part of the package.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
culprit

Just seen this, (I've been living in 'General Chat' for the last few weeks), and I've read the 11 pages in one go.

I will be buying these, although I'm not a completist and have the 'extras' already, just to hear the remasters... and to me it's £27 well spent!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
DomConway
Filth

culprit wrote:Just seen this, (I've been living in 'General Chat' for the last few weeks), and I've read the 11 pages in one go.

I will be buying these, although I'm not a completist and have the 'extras' already, just to hear the remasters... and to me it's £27 well spent!
£20.97 if you get em through HMV!
FALAA
Floodland
Vision Thing
the only thing to fear is fear itself
James Blast
Banned

Yup, I went the HMV route for a change on this one.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
culprit

Indeed, DC, just spotted that!!
...and delivered!

eeh, I am easy pleased :)
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
rwednesday
Road Kill

Rhino Records today released the list of albums it is putting out on October 31st. Sisters is not one of them. One album by Duncan Sheik I believe.

http://www.rhinorecords.com

:innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Are you all daft?
the albums will be released, so stop with the naesaying

Jezziz! I can just imagine what it'll be like round here when the new album gets a release date!!!!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rwednesday
Road Kill

If a new album comes out, I am sure there is a much better chance that we might hear something official from BaxCorp instead of the "reissues" mysteriously appearing on websites with typos and alleged "non-existant" tracks. And the record company that is supposedly putting them out isn't even announcing it or advertising it for free on it's own website? Strange. And even if Warners is looking for quick buck because of the tour, I'd still think Von would want them to sell so he might be able to get some respect in the industry again. So, I'd think he'd at least let this list or Dominion know if he had any knowledge of it. But he has not. So, until I hear of someone receiving these items, taking a photo of them holding them with the latest newspaper frontpage I will continue with my naysaying. I have fallen for too many Sisters hoaxes on the net already.
James Blast
Banned

rwednesday wrote:I will continue with my naysaying. I have fallen for too many Sisters hoaxes on the net already.
Next!
~ Peter Steele
bismarck

rwednesday wrote:If a new album comes out, I am sure ... . he'd at least let this list or Dominion know if he had any knowledge of it.

The Warners/Rhino reissues have been acknowledged on the official Sisters site. Look back through this thread for the (now removed) wording of the announcement; someone posted it here for posterity...
Mr Mercy
Road Kill

There has been no offical response to the announcement!
the post was a parody of what an offical response could be like

I dont know who did it tho :innocent:
andyzax
Road Kill

rwednesday wrote:Rhino Records today released the list of albums it is putting out on October 31st. Sisters is not one of them. One album by Duncan Sheik I believe.

http://www.rhinorecords.com

:innocent:

That's because the reissues aren't being done by Rhino US. Rhino UK is the label putting them out. (Rhino is the catalog arm of the Warner Music Group, but it has different divisions in different countries which operate independently of one another...hence no US release at this time for the Sisters reissues.)
deadagain
Banned

James Blast wrote:Yup, I went the HMV route for a change on this one.
HMV are an evil conglomerate which have taken over our high streets over the past 15 years and squeezed out all of the little indie stores! And generally they are a bloody rip off - the Cure deluxe reissues are £16 for f**ks sake! I often get stuff from CDwow - and I suspect (IF these Sisters reissues really do exist :roll: ) that CDwow will be selling em cheaper.

Remember kids: it's only one small jump from HMV to HIM, just say no......
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Badlander
Overbomber

andyzax wrote: That's because the reissues aren't being done by Rhino US. Rhino UK is the label putting them out. (Rhino is the catalog arm of the Warner Music Group, but it has different divisions in different countries which operate independently of one another...hence no US release at this time for the Sisters reissues.)
Thanks for the information. :notworthy:

... and there's no HMV in France, so I'm safe here. 8) :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you