EUROPE 2009 !

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

yep... there's one youth hostel near the Vondelpark, a rubbish sleepinn for a few zloti's.

All other cheap hotels are considerable, since Amsterdam is not THAT big.
guns & cars & accidents
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Coming to Brussels, well, coming to AB (again), as I live in Brussels. It's weird, I think it's two years since I saw the band last now, am I even a fan still? My life has changed so much...
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
christophe
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:My life has changed so much...
good for you! :D
wouldn't it be weird if everything would always stay the same? imagine for example a band playing the same setlist for over a decade, no one in there right mind would tolerate that would they.
Another Shade of You.
randdebiel²

christophe wrote:
wouldn't it be weird if everything would always stay the same? imagine for example a band playing the same setlist for over a decade, no one in there right mind would tolerate that would they.
I agree, on the other hand, fatherhood seems to mean "absolutely no minute on your own, ever!"
will be my first gig in, hey wait a sec, not that long ago actually,
went to the sex pistols in lokeren in the summer ;D

missed cohen on Monday due to illness though (got it from my daughter :? )
randdebiel²

BTW, Christophe, how have you been in the meanwhile?
christophe
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:
christophe wrote:
I agree, on the other hand, fatherhood seems to mean "absolutely no minute on your own, ever!"

:lol: I wanted to say you can only blame yourself for that, but I imagine the missis has a part in it as well :wink:
I can't imagine having the responsibilities a father has, I don't think I would be that good in it :oops: to many other stuff I wanna do first :oops: (and I'm not even speaking about this silly gig)

maybe see you there though.
Another Shade of You.
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:It's a compact enough city center, very easy to get around on foot or by tram, but Marnixstraat has quite a few cheap 'n' cheerful hotels and is only about 10 minutes walk away. One of our 'Dam regulars would be able to advise better.

Have a look here: http://www.hotelstravel.com/netherlands-nh-am.html - areas 1, 2, 4 and 10 are the ones to check out. :)
That's great thanks!! . Just looking at the ticket site.. it says that you have to have a membership to the Paradiso to go to the gig ( why? ) and can get one at the box office. Is that situated in the same building? If not, can anyone please tell me where I can get one , or if for some reason the box office is closed or something of that nature? Cheers in advance :)
Captain Ahab rushed in, his craziness all unzipped......

" YER NEED TO DO MORE SEX! " ~ Drunken old Yorkshireman

http://www.sadeian.org/
mh
Above the Chemist

Dunno about the reason why, but you can get one with the ticket on tickermaster.nl.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
randdebiel²

christophe wrote:
randdebiel² wrote:
christophe wrote:good for you! :D

:lol: I wanted to say you can only blame yourself for that, but I imagine the missis has a part in it as well :wink:
I can't imagine having the responsibilities a father has, I don't think I would be that good in it :oops: to many other stuff I wanna do first :oops: (and I'm not even speaking about this silly gig)

maybe see you there though.
Ah, but I'm a bit older than you too ;D

To be honest, I always thought I would be very bad at it too, but once your baby is there, everything changes :)

I'll be there, hope you will be too!
christophe
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:I'll be there, hope you will be too!
I'm busy as usual, way too much on my head to be on here as often as I used to.
I'll give that concert site another look and just maybe i'll order me a ticket :P
Another Shade of You.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Honeythorn wrote:
mh wrote:It's a compact enough city center, very easy to get around on foot or by tram, but Marnixstraat has quite a few cheap 'n' cheerful hotels and is only about 10 minutes walk away. One of our 'Dam regulars would be able to advise better.

Have a look here: http://www.hotelstravel.com/netherlands-nh-am.html - areas 1, 2, 4 and 10 are the ones to check out. :)
That's great thanks!! . Just looking at the ticket site.. it says that you have to have a membership to the Paradiso to go to the gig ( why? ) and can get one at the box office. Is that situated in the same building? If not, can anyone please tell me where I can get one , or if for some reason the box office is closed or something of that nature? Cheers in advance :)
membership is what we call nonsens bureaucracy. In other languages it's meant 'theft'. I'm sorry. It doesn't bother me anymore after 15 years of going strong in that venue. and yes you can buy it during that night. There goes the price of your kebab...
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

mh wrote:Dunno about the reason why, but you can get one with the ticket on tickermaster.nl.
Extra income. Ridiculous but then again the tickets are cheaper than for the German gigs for example. Ticketmaster sell them together with the tickets indeed.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

I'm amazed ny the prices of the flights to the Dam. £140 was the cheapest. Hamburg is £75 in comparison.

Considering doing that instead. Anybody else going to that one?

(I still might do both :urff: )
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Hom_Corleone wrote:I'm amazed ny the prices of the flights to the Dam. £140 was the cheapest. Hamburg is £75 in comparison.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I can do Dublin to Amsterdam and back for €95.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hom_Corleone wrote:I'm amazed ny the prices of the flights to the Dam. £140 was the cheapest. Hamburg is £75 in comparison.

Tried checking out indirect flights via London or so with one of the low cost companies? You might find a more bargainy flight that way...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

What about the other Dutch airports on a low cost carrier?
"as we walk on the floodland"
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

try the eindhoven airport..depending on where you coming from. I fly out of there very frequently (like on monday). it's driving me crazy that I can't go and buy tickets yet. I need to know where I will be living and then decide. f**king A..okay I'll go and continue working on my resume now:(
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

I have NO idea how to book a flight....I shall have to enlist my friends' help :urff: :oops:

GC
Slight Overbomber

Honeythorn wrote:I have NO idea how to book a flight....I shall have to enlist my friends' help :urff: :oops:
Easyjet, very cheap. Fly from London (stanstead, gatwick, luton, maybe Heathrow), Liverpool, Edinburgh and Belfast.
psichonaut
Overbomber

consider this, for me is ceaper to fly to Cologne thn Milan
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

Gollum's Cock wrote:
Honeythorn wrote:I have NO idea how to book a flight....I shall have to enlist my friends' help :urff: :oops:
Easyjet, very cheap. Fly from London (stanstead, gatwick, luton, maybe Heathrow), Liverpool, Edinburgh and Belfast.
Ahhh no Birmingham? Bugger!!!!

Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

glad they come to brussels, cause i drove up to Amsterdam yesterday to catch a band in the Heineken Hall and found it a bit far to drive back at night.. :o
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ah feck it. It's only money. :lol:

@Honeythorn - They do fly from Birmingham - it just isn't cheap. :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
_emma_
Overbomber

When there's a will, there's a way.
It's much easier when you have a proper flying phobia and have to travel by bus or car thousands of kilometres across Europe. A mere two days to get to - say - Sweden or Bulgaria. :D
I recall a guy who hitch-hiked all the way from Russia. :notworthy:
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:Ah feck it. It's only money. :lol:

@Honeythorn - They do fly from Birmingham - it just isn't cheap. :?
Oh right. Hmm...well my friends can drive, so if it means a cheaper flight they may want to drive to another airport or get someone's parents to drive us ..... We shall see. Haven't booked either tickets or flights yet as I have to pay for Whitby first ( next week I shall be there watching Specimen ect, yay! ) The second I get back though, I'm in there.