BNP opens mouth, inserts foot. Again.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

the_inescapable_truth wrote:Something I've considered before is that by 'supporting' immigration I am, for all intents and purposes, justifying what is essentially the continued creation of an underclass. Sort of.
You raise an interesting point. Immigrants have always provided a pool of low-paid, "unskilled", labour, which has allowed the existing population to pursue upward social mobility. These immigrants, as they become established in their new homeland, make way for new cycles of immigration. Because of the human drive to improve their lot in life, successive generations will achieve education and career goals that their parents could scarcely dream of.
So long as the underclass undergoes perpetual renewal, and that the members of that group move up through the social strata, immigration is a good thing (quite aside from the benefits that it brings in terms of arts, culture and society).

The problem is that there will be members of the underclass that are left behind, either through their own fault or through misfortune. These people see the successive waves of immigrants as a threat to their existence, being prepared to do the same work for less pay and having greater social ambition.

Additionally, as the roles that have traditionally been performed by the underclass are increasingly technologised, there are fewer low-skill jobs to go around. As these jobs are taken by immigrants who are prepared to work longer hours for less pay than the established population, the BNP and its ilk finds fertile recruiting grounds: "The darkies/wops/wogs/chinks are taking jobs that belong to local people - you should do something about it (and while we're not exactly saying that you should firebomb their houses, if you decided to take matters into your own hands then you won't find us standing in your way)."

This approach is, of course, a lot easier than telling people, "If you want a better life then you need to work to achieve it." There will always be people who want something for nothing, and the BNP panders to this element.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

emilystrange wrote:IIRC some tv prog, don't most of us brits carry some african dna?
As homo sapiens is thought to have evolved in Africa, presuambly we must all have some African DNA. Including Nick Griffin. That'll cheer him up.
emilystrange wrote:i'd love to have my dna analysed. wonder how much that costs.
Try committing a crime. Then you can have it done for free.
DeWinter wrote:Their website says it pretty clearly. Roughly, the Anglo-Celts with a few bits of Scandinavian in the middle.
Nothing indigenous about that lot. All from mainland Europe and all came and took various parts of Britain away from other people who were here first. The English are mostly German, French and Italian. The Welsh are mostly Spanish and Italian. The Irish are largely Spanish, french and Belgian. And those Scots who didn't come from Ireland in the first place are mostly Scandinavian.

Which just proves the point that several have already made: race is defined by psychology, not genetics. Nick Griffin hates foreigners because he's racist, not because he's British. Which he isn't.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
emilystrange wrote:IIRC some tv prog, don't most of us brits carry some african dna?
As homo sapiens is thought to have evolved in Africa, presuambly we must all have some African DNA. Including Nick Griffin. That'll cheer him up.
Oh hang on, wasn't that when all the continents were squashed up together before they started drifting? That would then make sense.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i think some people's went back only a few hundred years, which might point more to the slave trade, maybe
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Oh hang on, wasn't that when all the continents were squashed up together before they started drifting? That would then make sense.
No, the continents were (last) all joined up (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangea ) about 250 million years ago, well before anything we'd recognise as human had evolved (our ancestors then would have looked like mice or shrews).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_Africa_theory for consensus ideas on human evolution: basically our human species evolved in Africa, and some people went for a walk about 70 to 80 thousand years ago...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

According to some old Irish myths, the Greeks actually colonised Ireland. And ever stranger, there are legends that the original language before the Tower of Babel incident was Gaelic! Very weird! :lol: So everyone in the world is obviously Irish! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

abridged wrote:According to some old Irish myths, the Greeks actually colonised Ireland. And ever stranger, there are legends that the original language before the Tower of Babel incident was Gaelic! Very weird! :lol: So everyone in the world is obviously Irish! ;D

Uh-oh.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hence the proliferation of Irish pubs everywhere! :lol:
The Chancer Corporation
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
stufarq wrote: As homo sapiens is thought to have evolved in Africa, presuambly we must all have some African DNA. Including Nick Griffin. That'll cheer him up.
No, the continents were (last) all joined up (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangea ) about 250 million years ago, well before anything we'd recognise as human had evolved (our ancestors then would have looked like mice or shrews).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_Africa_theory for consensus ideas on human evolution: basically our human species evolved in Africa, and some people went for a walk about 70 to 80 thousand years ago...
Oh cheers Mr. Brainy! :notworthy:
There is a huge difference between 250 million years and 200 000 years now ain't there?!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah so lots of water suddenly appeared? Perhaps the land mass was incontinent. Ahem. :innocent:
The Chancer Corporation
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

AAGGHHH. that was terrible.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Sorry! Though probably one of me better ones... :innocent:
The Chancer Corporation
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

emilystrange wrote:i think some people's went back only a few hundred years, which might point more to the slave trade, maybe
That rings a bell too.
sultan2075
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:AAGGHHH. that was terrible.
Terrible? It was glorious in its badness. I marvel at how bad it was.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
mh
Above the Chemist

Which reminds me, I wonder what they're gonna do when the chimps evolve some more? There's already enough evidence that they're self-aware, they use tools, they can work together towards a common goal, and they have rudimentary symbol, language and numeric skills. Chimps that is, not the BNP. It won't be too long before they're singing, dancing, wearing clothes and ornaments, lighting fires and painting in caves. Chimps again.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sultan2075
Overbomber

What then?

War. War never changes. We'll have to wipe out those damn dirty apes.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:What then?

Yeah. There's already (disputed, admittedly) evidence that H. Sapiens replaced earlier hominid species by extermination rather than by simply out-competing them; we're just moving further out along the branches of our family tree to finish off all the Great Apes.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i fear that some have been missed. either that or the great apes are in disguise and culling the rest of us.
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:

Yeah. There's already (disputed, admittedly) evidence that H. Sapiens replaced earlier hominid species by extermination rather than by simply out-competing them; we're just moving further out along the branches of our family tree to finish off all the Great Apes.
To conclude with ourselves, of course. Bloody hell, this is getting morbid.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:

Great Apes? Great Apes? No such thing. Just damn dirty apes.

--
EvilBastard
Overbomber

mh wrote:It won't be too long before they're singing, dancing, wearing clothes and ornaments, lighting fires and painting in caves. Chimps again.
At which point they'll be more evolved than the BNP and Question Time will descend to the level of tea-parties, poo-flinging, and furious w@nking when your Auntie Gladys is watching.
Hank Moody
GC
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
mh wrote:It won't be too long before they're singing, dancing, wearing clothes and ornaments, lighting fires and painting in caves. Chimps again.
At which point they'll be more evolved than the BNP and Question Time will descend to the level of tea-parties, poo-flinging, and furious w@nking when your Auntie Gladys is watching.
Now thats just been specieist, using all the stereotypes to discredit them. MODS
Silver_Owl
The Don

Gollum's Cock wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
Now thats just been specieist, using all the stereotypes to discredit them. MODS
Consider yourself warned EB. There will be no chimpist ideology spouted on this forum.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Consider yourself warned EB. There will be no chimpist ideology spouted on this forum.
Flippin' primate-lover - why can't you see that all they want is to come over here to steal our bananas and take jobs and housing away from ethnically British chimps?
Hank Moody
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"ethnically British chimps"

by which you mean the BNP? :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?