Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

even a cheap win is still a win :kiss:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paint it black wrote:not joking, well known fact. Seen xmas and get well cards signed by god

What a sentence is this, paint it black? :lol: ... And "god", really in small letters? :eek: ... but isn't this very sweet, very sad and beautiful? ... :wink: ...
green
I should have known :lol:

Quiff Boy wrote:*cough*
Izzy wrote:Image
;)
Image Image Image
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

paint it black wrote:did you know von liked to be addressed as God? I still believe in God..., Gods own ... you get the idea :lol: :lol:

not joking, well known fact. Seen xmas and get well cards signed by god
Is it a well enough known fact for someone else to confirm?
Dan
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
paint it black wrote:did you know von liked to be addressed as God? I still believe in God..., Gods own ... you get the idea :lol: :lol:

Yes, a jpg will suffice. I can just about imagine him sending Xmas cards to the fans if it was a fan club thing or another band member forced him into it, but the Lord Of Darkness sending a get well card??? That's stretching it a bit. :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Whether or not PiB has his tongue firmly in his cheek, it's certainly the case that "God's Own Medicine" and "I still believe in god but god no longer believes in me" are references to :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the xmas cards thing actually rings a bell with things choque and hunter have said in the past. also, i think choque might actually have a couple of old hand-made xmas cards from him signed as such.

i know the salvation guys used to call him "pod" - as in "Prince Of Darkness" - to take the pi$$ out of him :lol:
Dan
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:as in "Prince Of Darkness" - to take the pi$$ out of him :lol:
As I was doing with "Lord Of Darkness" in my previous post. :lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Dan wrote:
stufarq wrote:

Yes, a jpg will suffice. I can just about imagine him sending Xmas cards to the fans if it was a fan club thing or another band member forced him into it, but the Lord Of Darkness sending a get well card??? That's stretching it a bit. :lol:
they're in a mate's attic. doubt he'll be bothered to get them down. yeah. they're real

prince of darkness per the mekons innit
Goths have feelings too
paint it black

stufarq wrote:

most of my well known facts aren't i'm afraid :lol:
Goths have feelings too
_emma_
Overbomber

well i can definitely confirm that he is god indeed, does that count? ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:Whether or not PiB has his tongue firmly in his cheek, it's certainly the case that "God's Own Medicine" and "I still believe in god but god no longer believes in me" are references to :von:
Like a knife with two poisoned double blades to leave the worst cut and mark possible behind...
or like a sad self-pitiful apology and belated honour to make belief but finally unveiling how widely he had actually misunderstood ...

Heaven knows, I guess he woke up with Floodland. And finally tumbled with awestruck shame by Vision Thing... :lol: ...
So this is long resolved... if only things had not gone wrong further ...

Though, looking at now ... :D ... :roll: :twisted: :lol: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh my, I've only just read this:
"I do not know and I don´t care. I guess it's because he knows that I have much more talent than him,I sing better than he (the truth is that I never liked his voice), and I´m a better composer ... ah, yes, and I still have hair and I'm more handsom
:eek: :? jesus, I don't get it, did he really say that and if yes, what is it supposed to mean? Surely not what it sounds. If he was indeed just taking the p*ss of the journalist then in my humble opinion it backfired rather terribly. But that's me, I'm biased and my biro is british racing green, of course every sane person knows that Mr Hussey is in fact very talented and hairy.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

_emma_ wrote:I'm biased and my biro is british racing green
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:

total respect for your self awareness :lol: 8)
lachert
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Oh my, I've only just read this:
"I do not know and I don´t care. I guess it's because he knows that I have much more talent than him,I sing better than he (the truth is that I never liked his voice), and I´m a better composer ... ah, yes, and I still have hair and I'm more handsom
:eek: :? jesus, I don't get it, did he really say that and if yes, what is it supposed to mean? Surely not what it sounds. If he was indeed just taking the p*ss of the journalist then in my humble opinion it backfired rather terribly. But that's me, I'm biased and my biro is british racing green, of course every sane person knows that Mr Hussey is in fact very talented and hairy.
it's obvious that he was joking, but from other side there's a lot of true inside this joke :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Whether or not PiB has his tongue firmly in his cheek, it's certainly the case that "God's Own Medicine" and "I still believe in god but god no longer believes in me" are references to :von:
So, Wayne was at that time still believing in Andrew? Not very likey.
James Blast
Banned

why does Sabine type such bollocks, huh?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

playboy wrote:
I beg to differ. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

James Blast wrote:why does Sabine type such bollocks, huh?
PM me if you have a detailed question and need explanation, love ... :lol: ...

But I'm very busy at the moment ... not much time to think. :wink: ...
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
playboy wrote:
I beg to differ. ;D
Based on what?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

playboy wrote:
markfiend wrote:
playboy wrote: So, Wayne was at that time still believing in Andrew? Not very likey.
I beg to differ. ;D
Based on what?
Nothing but guesswork, to be perfectly frank.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

As far as I can see, Wayne has never given a damn about Andrew, basically. All he wanted was his m*****n and he got it. And looking back at it now, I think, he clearly had an influence on The Sisters, i. e. on Andrew as well. Not to the better, and in no good way (not to mention the means) ... but maybe it helped making Floodland such a decidely culture-oriented album with no attempt to impress a following. Way more Sisters again than FALAA in a way.
paint it black

Being645 wrote:As far as I can see, Wayne has never given a damn about Andrew, basically. All he wanted was his m*****n and he got it. And looking back at it now, I think, he clearly had an influence on The Sisters, i. e. on Andrew as well. Not to the better, and in no good way (not to mention the means) ... but maybe it helped making Floodland such a decidely culture-oriented album with no attempt to impress a following. Way more Sisters again than FALAA in a way.
I can see i'm going to have to get express delivery!
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paint it black wrote:
Being645 wrote:As far as I can see, Wayne has never given a damn about Andrew, basically. All he wanted was his m*****n and he got it. And looking back at it now, I think, he clearly had an influence on The Sisters, i. e. on Andrew as well. Not to the better, and in no good way (not to mention the means) ... but maybe it helped making Floodland such a decidely culture-oriented album with no attempt to impress a following. Way more Sisters again than FALAA in a way.
I can see i'm going to have to get express delivery!
Hell, you and your biro. Where did you get it from? And anyway, my package of coloured fineliners does at least offer two different shades of green ... so maybe you had better spare your effort. Don't want you to take some superfluous cost upon you only because of me. :wink:
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:As far as I can see, Wayne has never given a damn about Andrew.
What absolute tripe.
Many of Wayne's songs reference the break-up with :von: in the lyrics:
'Wake', 'Let Sleeping Dogs Die', 'Child's Play', 'Mercenary' and 'Bridges Burning' are just a few of them.
Do your research!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Dr Poo wrote:
Being645 wrote:As far as I can see, Wayne has never given a damn about Andrew.
What absolute tripe.
Many of Wayne's songs reference the break-up with :von: in the lyrics:
'Wake', 'Let Sleeping Dogs Die', 'Child's Play', 'Mercenary' and 'Bridges Burning' are just a few of them.
Do your research!
Oh yes, I can almost feel how much he cared and for whom, i.e.what! Thanks.
Last edited by Being645 on 21 Oct 2011, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.