The fabled Sisterhood demo version of 'This Corrosion'

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Eldorado
Road Kill

Dark wrote:Well.. what software did you use to record from your tape deck to PC?
I didn't
Last edited by Eldorado on 10 Jan 2007, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Eldorado
Road Kill

Dark wrote:Well.. what software did you use to record from your tape deck to PC?
The only softwear I have is Chiffon.
diddley2
Road Kill

Thanks Eldorad

we now have 3 versions (Andrew Eldritch, James Ray & Eldritch/Ray) how many more are we looking for now.

Thanks again :notworthy:
Dan
Overbomber

Wow, thanks Eldorado. :notworthy:

How many versions do you have, and how long does each one last?

mh wrote:Well so far I've made 2 attempts at hauling it out
You won't get anything more. I opened it in a hex editor and it's all zero's after 4:25. Maybe the mp3 got corrupted during the upload?
mh
Above the Chemist

Eldorado wrote:I think it does actually stop there. I had quite a lot of trouble uploading the mp3 as I am not technically adept.
So do I, now that I've made a third attempt.

There's definitely no audio data beyond the 60% mark. In fact, the last 40% of the file is just padded with zeroes, so no way it's going to be possible to extract anything meaningful from that. (Edit: Whoops! Dan got there before me!)

But none of this detracts one bit from the very big :notworthy: going your way for sharing this! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Eldorado
Road Kill

Dan wrote:Wow, thanks Eldorado. :notworthy:

I have a whole box of tapes and unmarked cds that probably contain some interesting music/demos &cet. I'm sure someone knows what is on them.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

@Eldorado

please notice us which songs of the below you update us

®this corrosion:

1®sung by James Ray

2®sung by James Ray and Andrew Eldritch

3®sung by James Ray

4®duet with Lucas Fox, Andrew Eldritch and James Ray

5®duet with Andrew Eldritch and James Ray

6®sung by Andrew Eldritch
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>I think it does actually stop there. I had quite a lot of trouble uploading the >mp3 as I am not technically adept.

I think that if you send a cd copy to the Boss or Mf sure can do the work for us :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

taylor wrote:I think that if you send a cd copy to the Boss or Mf sure can do the work for us :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Top idea, Sir! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eldorado wrote:
The only softwear I have is Chiffon.
If you use Audacity, you can record from your microphone input.

1) Connect tape player to microphone port (pink) on your PC using whatever cable is required (3mm, most likely)
2) Open Audacity
3) Make sure the drop-down menu in the middle is set to "Microphone"
4) Press the big red record button above the drop-down menu
5) Start playing the tape
6) When you're done recording, press the yellow Stop button.
7) To make this a .wav, .ogg or .mp3, use "Export As WAV/MP3/OGG" from the File menu.

Job's a good 'un. 8)
Eldorado
Road Kill

Something told me you would have plenty of audacity :lol:
John Blond
Road Kill

Eldorado wrote:
Dan wrote:Wow, thanks Eldorado. :notworthy:

I have a whole box of tapes and unmarked cds that probably contain some interesting music/demos &cet. I'm sure someone knows what is on them.
Thanks a lot!!! :notworthy:

Anything more on those tapes with the girls on them?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eldorado wrote:Something told me you would have plenty of audacity :lol:
Touché. :lol:
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

fantastic!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

I've already got it as my ringtone! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dan
Overbomber

I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread (I can't be bothered looking for the post), but I just encoded this from a cassette, lightly dehissed, speed corrected. People might have this anyway, it's probably on a compilation or something?

This Corrosion (College Radio, USA)
Link 1, Rapidshare
Link 2 (same file), Sendspace

EDIT: This was aired several months before the single was released and is a (slightly?) different mix.
Last edited by Dan on 10 Jan 2007, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Major thanks for the new things :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Cheers Danbert that came down the pipe a treat! :D
And thanks for the intro to a new file sending site. Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Nice One Dan :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote:I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread (I can't be bothered looking for the post), but I just encoded this from a cassette, lightly dehissed, speed corrected. People might have this anyway, it's probably on a compilation or something?

This Corrosion (College Radio, USA)
Link 1, Rapidshare
Link 2 (same file), Sendspace

EDIT: This was aired several months before the single was released and is a (slightly?) different mix.
Thanks Dan I spent about 2 hours digging out the MASTER tape for this to convert to MP3 and thanks to your dehissing etc. would say it is better quality. :notworthy:
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
bismarck

Thanks for the US radio version. Is this the same verision that's on the Elektra white label radio promo? I don't have it in from of me to check the times or mixes.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
James Blast
Banned

... don't tell me 2007 is year of the floodgates opening... :eek:
~ Peter Steele
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>Thanks for the US radio version. Is this the same verision that's on the >Elektra white label radio promo? I don't have it in from of me to check the >times or mixes.

it was featuring on the CJM usa radio promo cd early 1987, the first guy that circulated it in Uk is Gareth Fachett that is the person who originally sold the victims of circumstance tape in 1987 through the NME small ads section.
In fact it was added as extra at early copies of the above tape.
the-happening

bismarck wrote:Thanks for the US radio version. Is this the same verision that's on the Elektra white label radio promo? I don't have it in from of me to check the times or mixes.
I'm pretty sure it is not, I think it is the extended version.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
bismarck

taylor wrote:>Thanks for the US radio version. Is this the same verision that's on the >Elektra white label radio promo? I don't have it in from of me to check the >times or mixes.

it was featuring on the CJM usa radio promo cd early 1987, the first guy that circulated it in Uk is Gareth Fachett that is the person who originally sold the victims of circumstance tape in 1987 through the NME small ads section.
In fact it was added as extra at early copies of the above tape.
Wow, ask a question... thanks for all the answers fellas. Having listened to it now, it's pretty significantly different from all the other known official versions. Pretty cool choral vocals in the beginning. So thanks again for the track and the answers.

One more question: Is it cut off in the beginning (just a smidgen) or is that my version only?