The Cult

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

MadameButterfly wrote:
weebleswobble wrote: Edit: Just got your message Debs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slightly late...but I have no idea what I said! :oops: :oops:
All about having fun and throwing our naked bodies off the stage.... :eek: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

tooyoung wrote:Was anyone at the concert, and did they really play part of Temple of Love?
Duffy played the intro before Edie. Nice.

Bit of a delayed report, but a Big :notworthy: to Weebles, Dave and Sarah. Was one of the best gigs I've been to in years, rounded off by Planet buying an unofficial T-shirt outside for a tenner, me and Weebles buying exactly the same shirt from a bloke next to him for a fiver :lol:

Did anyone notice Astbury throwing his tambourine into the crowd only for it to be thrown back..? :lol:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:Did anyone notice Astbury throwing his tambourine into the crowd only for it to be thrown back..? :lol:
He did that loads of times at southampton, don't know if he got it back everytime though :lol:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
czuczu
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
czuczu wrote:I'll be loafing round Brixton tomorrow night - probably be in the bar on the corner at some time beforehand :)
aye..that you did...caught in a bloody Silver Bullet T as well...how very goff of you Czu :notworthy: :innocent: :lol:
:lol:
Sadly, I went to the bar after a few songs and forgot to go bck so missed most of the gig - sounded good tho! :D
Mish
Road Kill

Bit late to be asking - but anyone going to see them in Glasgow tonight? The Academy isn't a great venue in my opinion. :|
scotty
Overbomber

Mish wrote:Bit late to be asking - but anyone going to see them in Glasgow tonight? The Academy isn't a great venue in my opinion. :|
Me, the missus and Pat up to now.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote: rounded off by Planet buying an unofficial T-shirt outside for a tenner, me and Weebles buying exactly the same shirt from a bloke next to him for a fiver :lol:
s**t, you terrible cnut! Mine's MILES better quality than your scummy rags! :innocent: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote: rounded off by Planet buying an unofficial T-shirt outside for a tenner, me and Weebles buying exactly the same shirt from a bloke next to him for a fiver :lol:
s**t, you terrible cnut! Mine's MILES better quality than your scummy rags! :innocent: :lol:
Yes Dave, a larger Font on the back, you win hands down :lol:
Stoat Grinder
Road Kill

wild bill buttock wrote:Saw them last night in Brum.Despite all my misgivings, the world's worse hangover,The academy being oversold and hotter than hell it was a tremendous gig.
Its always better seeing a band when they've nothing new to promote,I think.They play the hits and the good stuff without all that "Here's a new one" bollocks.
Good set,good sound and even Astbury's ego was smaller than it used to be.Does exactly was it says on the tin.
Couldnt agree more... Top Night out...

Sweat, Blood and Beers...... :notworthy: I'm still finding new bruises.... Ooooh it teks yer back!
Unspoilt By Progress
tooyoung
Road Kill

Horrible, horrible audio and video of The Cult at Leeds. Billy plays a small bit of the Temple of Love intro about 1:40 into the video. Right before that he plays a line from Theatre of Hate's Do You Believe in the Westworld?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvN3qjt7lk
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

tooyoung wrote:Horrible, horrible audio and video of The Cult at Leeds. Billy plays a small bit of the Temple of Love intro about 1:40 into the video. Right before that he plays a line from Theatre of Hate's Do You Believe in the Westworld?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvN3qjt7lk
Aye, I was at the bar at that point :!:
scotty
Overbomber

Last night gig in Glasgow was tremendous :notworthy: :notworthy:
Lots of interaction between Astbury, Duffy & the crowd, a great set including Nirvana :eek: 8) .
Met Pat 8) inside for a few drinks before he had to go home and tell Anne that the gig was pish :innocent: :twisted: :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:Aye, I was at the bar at that point :!:
<Coughs> We were at the bar :D

Gotta admit defeat to Dave's superior T-shirt (obviously twice as good as ours). Mine's been through a wash already, so is already down as £2.50 a wear - value for money or what..? :eek:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:Aye, I was at the bar at that point :!:
<Coughs> We were at the bar :D

Gotta admit defeat to Dave's superior T-shirt (obviously twice as good as ours). Mine's been through a wash already, so is already down as £2.50 a wear - value for money or what..? :eek:
Indeed we were!

I'm not washing mine :urff:
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote:Last night gig in Glasgow was tremendous
a great set including Nirvana :eek: 8) .
Bloody Jammy Jock bastids.Nirvana is my favourite Cult tune and they didn't play it in Brum :( .
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Pat
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:Last night gig in Glasgow was tremendous :notworthy: :notworthy:
Lots of interaction between Astbury, Duffy & the crowd, a great set including Nirvana :eek: 8) .
Met Pat 8) inside for a few drinks before he had to go home and tell Anne that the gig was pish :innocent: :twisted: :lol:
Do you mean it wasn't :eek: BASTARD :x :lol: ....... Anne.
Andie
Overbomber

er...a wee quote like thingy from the Cult's management
" THE CULT ARE SELLING OUT EVERYWHERE ON UK TOUR AND CAUSING MAJOR RECORD COMPANY FEEDING FRENZY IN LONDON "
thought you'd enjoy that :wink:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:er...a wee quote like thingy from the Cult's management
" THE CULT ARE SELLING OUT EVERYWHERE ON UK TOUR AND CAUSING MAJOR RECORD COMPANY FEEDING FRENZY IN LONDON "
About time :notworthy:

You missed an AMAZIN' gig in Glasgow Andie, better than Brixton :eek: :notworthy: , met Coreen & Heidi, lot's more Band - Crowd interaction, a great night :notworthy:
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:er...a wee quote like thingy from the Cult's management
About time :notworthy:

You missed an AMAZIN' gig in Glasgow Andie, better than Brixton :eek: :notworthy: , met Coreen & Heidi, lot's more Band - Crowd interaction, a great night :notworthy:
bastids!...Heidi is wild...she kept me up til almost 4.00 talking pish

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
scotty
Overbomber

Did I say that they played Nirvana before Shs Sells Sanctuary as the encore :eek: :D :notworthy:
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:Did I say that they played Nirvana before Shs Sells Sanctuary as the encore :eek: :D :notworthy:
aye ye did...now f**k right off...ya FUD :lol: :wink:
Pat
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:Did I say that they played Nirvana before Shs Sells Sanctuary as the encore :eek: :D :notworthy:
Yes, but it was worth repeating.Very good gig from where I was standing.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
aye ye did...now f**k right off...ya FUD :lol: :wink:
:lol: :twisted: :lol:
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Video of the Leffingeleurenfestival (Belgium) has just been added on Dime....Not sure about the quality though, the file sizes look quite small :?

The Cult
Leffingeleurenfestival
Leffinge, Belgium
15-09-2006

Openingshow of the new minitour. They kicked off in Belgium before heading to the UK with a short but kick-ass show. I filmed this show in front with my Sony photocamera, put a 2 GB memorycard in and received this very good result. the sound is also very good too.Hope you like it :-)

tracks:

1: Intro
2: Lil devil
3: Sweet soul Sister
4: The Witch
5: Spiritwalker
6: Revolution
7: Rain
8: Wonderland
9: Edie-Firewoman
10: Peace Dog
11: Rise
12: Wild Flower
13: Love Removal Machine
14: She sells sanctuary

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=114451
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Rise&Reverberate wrote:Video of the Leffingeleurenfestival (Belgium) has just been added on Dime....Not sure about the quality though, the file sizes look quite small :?

The Cult
Leffingeleurenfestival
Leffinge, Belgium
15-09-2006

Openingshow of the new minitour. They kicked off in Belgium before heading to the UK with a short but kick-ass show. I filmed this show in front with my Sony photocamera, put a 2 GB memorycard in and received this very good result. the sound is also very good too.Hope you like it :-)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=114451
I really would like to see the video, but I can not sign up for a new account as there are already 100,000 registrated users on dimeadozen :?: :(