Photographs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

aaarrrrgggghhhhh ! thats where I work , :eek:
mh
Above the Chemist

Not one I took myself (obviously), but the old Endurance photos always fill me with awe.

Image Image
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Dr. Moody wrote:Image

aaarrrrgggghhhhh ! thats where I work , :eek:
Quite an aesthetic place to work that :notworthy:

Or is it crap otherwise? :lol:

Just fiddling about a bit now:

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dr. Moody

I work in the building just past the coffeeshop on the ninth floor with stunning views across london, kinda like the building in Gattica. The dome shaped one is the Mayors office.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Dr. Moody wrote:I work in the building just past the coffeeshop on the ninth floor with stunning views across london, kinda like the building in Gattica. The dome shaped one is the Mayors office.
We'll be needing pictures of the view then :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
smiscandlon
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:I really just liked the whole concept of an old building being reflected in the windows of a new building, you know? [/artwankery]
Continuing the same theme (Glasgow seems to have an abundance of old churches parked next to shiny glass boxes):

анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Note to self: visit Glasgow. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Note to self: visit Glasgow. :von:
Note to self: run for the hills. :P
анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Obviousman wrote:
Dr. Moody wrote:I work in the building just past the coffeeshop on the ninth floor with stunning views across london, kinda like the building in Gattica. The dome shaped one is the Mayors office.
We'll be needing pictures of the view then :D :notworthy:
Seconded! ;D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

smiscandlon wrote:
:eek: Wuss! :roll: :P
Carpathian Psychonaut

Yes, I've been out again! This time breaking rule #1 according to most camera people - don't take pictures into the sun. Personally, I love the way the extreme brightness makes the camera adjust everything else to cope. Makes for great atmosphere, especially in the sky and clouds.

Image Image

Combine that with a dramatic place to view from and you get one I'm very happy with:-

You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
James Blast
Banned

SINsister wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
:eek: Wuss! :roll: :P
I ain't goin' nowhere ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Yes, I've been out again! This time breaking rule #1 according to most camera people - don't take pictures into the sun. Personally, I love the way the extreme brightness makes the camera adjust everything else to cope. Makes for great atmosphere, especially in the sky and clouds.
I like that too :notworthy: You only have to look out when using your digital (especially low-res mobile phone) camera as I've heard it hurts the light sensors bad.

But all that aside, very nice pics, as we're used to see from your side :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

@ Carpy - wonderful wonderful photos Andrew. 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:
boudicca wrote:I've been up that
I can never understand why people insist upon climbing up tall things (whether by lift or other means). You get just as good of an idea how tall it is from the ground :urff:
Yeah, but the view from the ground looking up at the twin towers (as was) was nowhere near as breathtaking as the view from the top looking down. Aesthetics? Perspective? Facing one's vertigo full-on? Probably a combo of all three keeps me heading up the tallest buildings / structures I can find. 8)

edit: Why have I not been paying enough attention to this thread? Amazing pics everyone, keep em coming. Haven't really got the patience for fiddling around with cameras and their accessories, but I have been known to run out the front of the house with a digital-cam and snap the odd sunset. Some of which can be found on my myspaz site, but they ain't a patch on any of the techno-wizardry going on in this thread.

@ Claire - that twisty building is stunning. I wonder how many brit tourists die trying to helter skelter down it every year? :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Planet Dave wrote:
Debaser wrote:
boudicca wrote:I've been up that
I can never understand why people insist upon climbing up tall things (whether by lift or other means). You get just as good of an idea how tall it is from the ground :urff:
Yeah, but the view from the ground looking up at the twin towers (as was) was nowhere near as breathtaking as the view from the top looking down. Aesthetics? Perspective? Facing one's vertigo full-on? Probably a combo of all three keeps me heading up the tallest buildings / structures I can find. 8)
I know what you mean - I can head up tall buildings like a shot but get me on scaffolding even just one floor high and I'm really not going to be happy!
mh
Above the Chemist

It was difficult to get a photo of the Florence Duomo that really did justice to the sheer scale of it, but here's an attempt:

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Edit: It sort of almost looks like a painting...
анархия
Carpathian Psychonaut

mh wrote:It was difficult to get a photo of the Florence Duomo that really did justice to the sheer scale of it, but here's an attempt:
I came back from France, Switzerland and Italy with 11 rolls of film.....and quite a few of the Duomo included. You're right, though - somehow none of them convey what you actually see....
Last edited by Carpathian Psychonaut on 03 Sep 2007, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Above the Chemist

That'd be the crappy grainy mobile phone camera with a useless colour range.

I like this one though, it really gives a good feel for what that part of the city was like:

boudicca
Sister Midnight

View from the top of the Duomo... I must say even this doesn't capture what an amazing view that was, with the temperature inversion on a cold January day... 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Carpathian Psychonaut

That's a beauty, Claire! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:That's a beauty, Claire! :notworthy: :notworthy:
And the pic's not bad either.

(ooh is that the time, I really must be going)

:kiss: :lol:
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

A little dragon :D
Took the picture in my garden, I love his colours!!!
made in the 80s
robertzombie
Overbomber

cool :D