March Violets gig

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Funny, my e-code has just turned up :lol:

:notworthy:
see previous post :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

weebleswobble wrote:I've replied to the mail asking what size I want but nothing more than that...
Good to know it's not just me, then. I'd have imagined that they'd have accumulated all the names and just marked down what they're getting, "Ticket, CD, t-shirt" etc. An extra code would have been a bit pointless. :P
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

fyi
The March Violets wrote:We will be stopping selling E-tickets and pre-ordered CDs at midnight tonight.

Bit short notice I know but it's taking up a lot of time and we're pretty busy at the mo.

No need to panic if you haven't got a ticket yet. Tickets will continue to be on sale at the usual outlets and presumably on the door at the gig. CDs will be available in limited numbers at the merch stall, but when they are gone they are gone.

At about midnight the links to the e-ticket site will stop being valid.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

The email I got said this:
Your T-shirt(s) will be waiting for you at the Merchandise Stall.
Reserved in your name, along with any CDs you pre-ordered.
So I'd assume that the same code for the CD will do for this too.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
deadagain
Banned

I can't get to this gig, dagnamit, but if someone could pick up a spare copy of the CD, I'd happily reemburse them... :innocent: :notworthy:

On the plus side - I'm going to the Damned at the Wulfrun on Monday - anyone else going? I'll be the miserable git at the back with ASF tshirt on :wink:
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

Went to The Damned last night (weds) in Sheff and as long as Mr V's voice holds out you'll have agood one
Set as I remember it was

Nasty
Street of Dreams
Neat Neat Neat
Generals
New Rose
Wait for the Blackout
13th Floor Vendetta
Eloise
Disco Man
Absinthe
Shadow of Love
History of the World
Jekyll and Hyde
Ignite

Encore:

Love Song
Machine Gun Etiquette
Little Miss Disaster
Smash it Up

So a little bit of a change from the last couple of tours.

A warning though the 'support' is supposedly a 'burlesque' type show. Now I've never been to a burlesque show , nor mind you a strip show in a pub at Sunday Lunchtime in Attercliffe.
However , this was neither , instead some sort of carcrash in between; a kind of comic-tragedy toecurling farce.
Most of the audience looked bemused or wryly amused, whilst the main thought was we didn't spend our cash to see such a steaming pile..and if we had wanted to see amateur strippers , we would have gone to the aforementioned Attercliffe. At least then we'd be voluntarily chucking our cash away!
There you are review over , enjoy Wolverhampton it will not be an evening without incident! :D
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

undertow wrote:Went to The Damned last night (weds) in Sheff and as long as Mr V's voice holds out you'll have agood one
Set as I remember it was

Nasty
Street of Dreams
Neat Neat Neat
Generals
New Rose
Wait for the Blackout
13th Floor Vendetta
Eloise
Disco Man
Absinthe
Shadow of Love
History of the World
Jekyll and Hyde
Ignite

Encore:

Love Song
Machine Gun Etiquette
Little Miss Disaster
Smash it Up

A warning though the 'support' is supposedly a 'burlesque' type show. Now I've never been to a burlesque show , nor mind you a strip show in a pub at Sunday Lunchtime in Attercliffe.
However , this was neither , instead some sort of carcrash in between; a kind of comic-tragedy toecurling farce.
Most of the audience looked bemused or wryly amused, whilst the main thought was we didn't spend our cash to see such a steaming pile..and if we had wanted to see amateur strippers , we would have gone to the aforementioned Attercliffe. At least then we'd be voluntarily chucking our cash away!
There you are review over , enjoy Wolverhampton it will not be an evening without incident! :D
The "support" was sooooooooooooooo annoying. I'm guessing she was really from Skegness not San Fransisco.

I trust you got home ok. We'd have taken you but we were going to Gleadless last night. Going to Goldblade in manchester tonight.
See you Saturday.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah thanks fell asleep on the tram and some one tried starting a fight with some chips , so nothing unusual!
Enjoy Mr Robb and see you Sat .

ho, ho, ho, fella!
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
snowey

biggy wrote:
undertow wrote:Went to The Damned last night (weds) in Sheff and as long as Mr V's voice holds out you'll have agood one
Set as I remember it was

Nasty
Street of Dreams
Neat Neat Neat
Generals
New Rose
Wait for the Blackout
13th Floor Vendetta
Eloise
Disco Man
Absinthe
Shadow of Love
History of the World
Jekyll and Hyde
Ignite

Encore:

Love Song
Machine Gun Etiquette
Little Miss Disaster
Smash it Up

The "support" was sooooooooooooooo annoying. I'm guessing she was really from Skegness not San Fransisco.

I trust you got home ok. We'd have taken you but we were going to Gleadless last night. Going to Goldblade in manchester tonight.
See you Saturday.
Are you sure "it" was born a woman? Last night in Birkenhead "it" was getting some stick about the big adam's apple and the small beer belly. Saying that the girl with the feathers was not bad looking. Oh yeah, once again another great gig by The Damned.
:lol: :D
deadagain
Banned

thanks for the info undertow, biggy and snowey, should make for an interesting evening at any rate.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Kit Carruthers
Road Kill

If no-one else has anything to say...
...I thought Saturday night was a complete blinder (big cheers to The Violets). In particular, James Ray (25 Men) was visceral, chaotic, thunderous and marvellously exhilarating. Outstanding indeed.
If you didn't like it you're a fat goth tart.
In 1959, she watched while he killed a lot of people.
Dr. Moody

:lol: :lol:
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Dr. Moody wrote::lol: :lol:
Seconded.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
streamline
Slight Overbomber

The Chairman's annual post!

Long time, no see :)

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

streamline wrote:The Chairman's annual post!

Long time, no see :)
Yeah. I was hibernating but someone came round last week to tell me about this show. They woke me up and now I cannot get back to sleep.

Damn them.

eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

and there was me thinking you didn't like sleeping... :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:and there was me thinking you didn't like sleeping... :innocent:
Young man! Whatever are you implying?

Truth be told, I find it to be a useful distraction and call on its healing powers from time to time when one's body begins to exhibit signs of one's age.

And it's a great way of avoiding the mother of all hangovers.

eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Chairman Bux wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:and there was me thinking you didn't like sleeping... :innocent:

Truth be told, I find it to be a useful distraction and call on its healing powers from time to time when one's body begins to exhibit signs of one's age.

ain't that the truth. :lol: :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:

ain't that the truth. :lol: :wink:
There are few thruths more true. Or something.

bismarck

setlist from the violets gig anyone? curious.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Setlist? Yes, I think I have one of those.. signed by Rosie, and their stand-in bassist. ;D

Oh sorry, you mean what WAS the setlist. See the thread in General Chat or the Weeding thread for it. ;D
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I've got one of those... might not be as good though, mine is signed by Rosie and some bloke called Simon ;D
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of my signed Crow Baby. ;)
allfear

Heres a couple of pix

Me n Robochrist

25men in soundcheck

James Blast
Banned

Cool! thankee :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele