March Violets Gig Arrangements/Meet Up.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Its pishing it down in Bradford too, I don't think I can be arsed :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

DerekR wrote:OK you groovy fuckers, hope you all have an absolute ball tonight. As some of you know I can't make it due to seeing the Bunnymen in Liverpool (with man-flu I might add :cry: ). However I hope to read plenty of reports and see lots of pics.

Next time kiddies :notworthy:
What he said (except I've not got man-flu :eek:, I've got sad SICKsister summat-or-other, GRRRRR - nor have I seen the BunnyWotsits, and there's the matter of being skint and on the wrong side of The Pond, of course, but I digress...)! :kiss: *HUGS* :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

OK, I'm back.. I've crashed down a bit out of orbit (a little turbulence, but hey).
Basic overview:

Met everyone at the Dry Dock. Went to the Met, got my MV tee and CD, and bought a James Rays Gangwar shirt, two JR-produced CDs and the Underdog flexi (at last!) all for a fiver.
Saw the last 3 songs of Salvation's set, because I didn't realise they were on :oops:
Saw all of 25men's set.. a little unclear, but the backing video was awesome. And even if the other songs had their moments, "Return Of The Pigs" is a killer.
Saw all of the March Violets' set... Rosie looks amazing, Tom and Si were awesome, and their stand-in bassist (whose name I can't remember) did a brilliant job.
At the end, I nabbed the MV setlist (I think Indrek took a picture of it?) and Rosie signed it, as well as my copy of Crow Baby. :D Their bassist also signed my setlist.
At that point, Ness went to dance a bit, I went to sit around wondering what was going on, and -just- as we were about to leave, Maisey comes running through the bar area shouting for me, and takes me off to see James Ray. He had a present, but I didn't have enough time to get it, as we were leaving. I found out what it was, though, and I'm gonna have to email him about it, because it.. well, it'd be epic. :)
Anyway.. we left, piled in Ness' car and sped off homewards (Gaz taking any number of wrong turnings, and getting us a bit lost :lol: bless him, though, ace of him to drive us) and I was starting to feel a bit weird (crash down imminent.. hence why I'm still awake).
And once I got all my stuff out of my bag... I realise I left my phone in Ness' car. :evil:
So yeah.. my thanks to Dave (seriously, dude.. maybe not next time, huh? :lol), Keith, Stephen, Mike, Maisey, Claire, Tim, Libby, Barry (to whom I gave a fiver for HL's running), Choque, Miss Ems, Sisx, Andrew S, and of course to all the other people to whom I was introduced and promptly forgot the names of. :lol:

I'll post some more in the morning, on the set and stuff, but I'm knackered.. pictures, people! :D

Until next time ;D
mh
Above the Chemist

Top nite out.

Again. :notworthy:

Photos will be forthcoming as soon as I get home!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Dark, what arcane secrets passed between the Master and the Pupil here? :D

More to come once I've emerged from my coma and shipped Maisey back off to the capital.

It was splendid. :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Currently descending from orbit around Planet Mark :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
John_r
Road Kill

Ooh me head.. :)

A good night out indeed but what a loooong day all told. I had been up since 5 on the Saturday morning already and the journey was rotten at over six hours.

So, we got to meet Maisey and miserably failed to meet any of the rest of you, maybe another time.

We saw pretty much everything and I have to say I reckon The Violets put together a fab selection.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I'm no longer in orbit.. I've got some water, a coffee, some legal pills, I'm all alright, or will be once this headache passes. :lol:

The conversation with JR was very much about one song in particular. What I've done to it, what he had done with it, and what I'd get from it... reminds me, I have to message a man about some tape. :lol: ;) ;D

And Mark, your shirt really was Gary Marx-esque. I approve whole-heartedly. :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: I've had that shirt for ages. TBH I was a little surprised it still fits me.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Seems like an epic nite indeed 8) :notworthy: :notworthy:
Nice pic btw!

Wish I was there...
in dub we trust
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Actually, what the f**k, why is my water RED in that picture? :lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yeah, try to explain it now :lol:
in dub we trust
Debaser
Overbomber

List too long to mention, I tend to find the longer the list the more likely I am to miss people off and upset them... So a big :notworthy: to everyone I nattered with.

I will mention Mr PlanetD though....in a world full of blackness we shone like a beacon! (dead handy when you've lost the people who you went with - they can always find you!!) :lol:

My lucky moment of the night? The original car park we'd parked up in, shut at 9 and if it had not been for my atrotious memory (I'd left a scary photo of a slimline 16 year old Gaz in the car) we'd have been locked in until today!

Dark, I'll ring you when we get out and about and drop you're phone off....after we've used it to send rude texts to everyone on it mind you :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
Anyway.. we left, piled in Ness' car and sped off homewards (Gaz taking any number of wrong turnings, and getting us a bit lost :lol: bless him, though, ace of him to drive us)
Welcome to my world! he did nowt but moan about a stretch of motorway that's dead dark and not lit up...I had to point out that it's ALWAYS been like that but he is usually fast asleep when I am driving home that way... Leeds wasn't going to let us leave we had to get to almost Halifax on the M62 before Gaz could turn off to turn back!

I have decided that it's propbably better if I stay sober and always drive back, Gaz is not a good sober socialite wanting to leave straight away. I try to gently remind him of the numerous 3.30am drive backs I have done AND had to go to work the following day - but some blokes seems to just have selective hearing......
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm hooooome!
hello darlings. mwah and thrice mwah. it was a lovely night, didn't have to threaten anyone...
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Debaser wrote:
Dark wrote:
Anyway.. we left, piled in Ness' car and sped off homewards (Gaz taking any number of wrong turnings, and getting us a bit lost :lol: bless him, though, ace of him to drive us)
Welcome to my world! he did nowt but moan about a stretch of motorway that's dead dark and not lit up...I had to point out that it's ALWAYS been like that but he is usually fast asleep when I am driving home that way... Leeds wasn't going to let us leave we had to get to almost Halifax on the M62 before Gaz could turn off to turn back!

I have decided that it's propbably better if I stay sober and always drive back, Gaz is not a good sober socialite wanting to leave straight away. I try to gently remind him of the numerous 3.30am drive backs I have done AND had to go to work the following day - but some blokes seems to just have selective hearing......

SNAP!!!!

M1 was blocked off so we followed a diversion that went nowhere. Then we went on the 621 westbound to the 62 eastbound to get back to the M1 Southbound.
:roll:

Supposed to be going to Leeds tomorrow too.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm home :D

Just a quick thanks to everyone I chatted with last night :D it was a good night :D

and now I'm off for a bath and to get warm :wink:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hi all,

Great to meet some of you, it was a great night. :lol:

I managed to record the complete MV set, and apart from my over cautious approach to sound levels making it a bit quiet, for a first go it's a really good recording. :twisted:

I also recorded to first 30 seconds of Salvation, but pilot error meant that I managed to hit the stop button, and record nothing else, doh :urff:

If appropriate, I'm happy to put the MV gig up for weeding, understand it isn't Sisters, so thought I'd ask first. Otherwise for those with access to Dime, I'll probably upload it there over the next week. 8)

Set List

1 - The Drop
2 - Strangehead
3 - Radiant Boys
4 - Crow Baby
5 - Slow Drip Lizard
6 - Dress For You
7 - Steam
8 - Fodder
9 - Grooving In Green
10 - Religious As Hell
11 - Long Pig
12 - Children On Stun
13 - 1 2 I Love You
14 - Walk Into The Sun
15 - Cut Down Pretty
16 - Undertow
17 - Snake Dance
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
mh
Above the Chemist

The USB lead from my camera appears to have done a runner on me. :( Got some fantastic Violets shots (Keef has had a sneak preview), so I may need to wait till I'm back in work tomorrow before I can upload them.

I also got some 15 second video clips (of the Violets and Chris Reed). I know there's supposed to be a DVD in the works, but if it's OK to share them I will.

Just arrived home - phew! That was an exhausting 27/28-odd hours, but what an amazing time, and great to meet everyone, both again and for the first time.

Who put the "hyperactive" pills in Maisey's drink anyway? It's a long time since I was 18, but I sure don't remember ever being that energetic! :lol:

Edit: belay the above. Here we go!

Grooving in Blue

Grooving in Orange

Grooving in Pink

Grooving in Violet
Last edited by mh on 09 Dec 2007, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I don't know why he was either, and I'm younger than him. :lol: Though there's something to be said for two relative newbies to be waving our arms around together to Walk Into The Sun, and moshing together to Snake Dance (apologies once more for getting your hair caught in my bracelet)

But then, I got to kiss Rosie as we were leaving. Hyperactive or not, I'm proud of THAT little achievement. ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ahem. you kissed ME as well.

i have a full vid of something - forget what!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'm home!

And what a night it was! Music, dancing, smoke, lights, aahh. Wonderful!

Special mentions to Timsinister, lender of sofa, guide to Leeds, Eldritch impersonator and all round nice guy. Boudicca for being excellent company for near all of the evening. And of course Dark , of the heartland yoof - well met sir.

It was great to meet a whole bunch of you, although to my regret, conversations were kept brief by the noise and crowds...next time 8)

As for the gig itself? What a cracker! Loved it. :D

Over to Tim for some more photos...
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Let me guess

Tim will surface tomorrow saying that he got some classic snaps but unfortunately dropped the camera in a large glass of house gin
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
nitestorm
Road Kill

Hey all, back in Blackpool now, hi to all who i met at the gig.... i have about 60 pictures of the night, i also have a setlist, and must apologise to Dark, but it was Chris Reed who stole the pen, not me. When time allows, i will upload, but now i need fodder.
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, maybe he did steal the pen, but I appear to have it back now.. :lol:
And I half hope Tim's camera is now gin-pickled, there's a picture of my headbanging to 25men. :lol: