Sisters play Suikerrock !!!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
lachert
Overbomber

romeo down and neverland are doubtful. i'll change flood 1 for 2 and put vision thing on the end :wink: seriously, you never know. maybe at last some new cover ;D :lol:
Underneath the Rock

tak postanowiłem go usunąc, bo przeciez wszyscy wiedzą co siostry zagrają, a przeciez nie oto chodzi, juz- tak mi się wydaje- w jeżdzeniu na koncerty, przynajmniej w ramach HL.
paul
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:tak postanowiłem go usunąc, bo przeciez wszyscy wiedzą co siostry zagrają, a przeciez nie oto chodzi, juz- tak mi się wydaje- w jeżdzeniu na koncerty, przynajmniej w ramach HL.
My thoughts exactly ... I guess... :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

paul wrote:
Bartek wrote:tak postanowiłem go usunąc, bo przeciez wszyscy wiedzą co siostry zagrają, a przeciez nie oto chodzi, juz- tak mi się wydaje- w jeżdzeniu na koncerty, przynajmniej w ramach HL.
that's why i decide to delete this post :wink: :lol:
lachert
Overbomber

paul wrote:
:lol: :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
RobF wrote:they're pretty sodding unlikely to sell out these days unless they're playing a pub
Problem is though, if there's one place where they're likely to sell out on the entire globe, it's most probably Belgium. And if the promoter decides to put a crappy but somewhat successful local act on the bill the same day, risk is we're not getting in anymore...
boudicca wrote:I am in a bit of a quandry about what to do tickets-wise... now or later? Hmmmm.... :?
I still have to wait due to restricted budget. If all else fails, we can still sit on a terrace nearby to have a drink and a laugh at random passers by, non? ;D
I'm sure you'll be able to get tickets on the day itself... if ya wanna come of course ;D
Still, it largely depends on what other 'famous' band they 'll put on the bill before The Sisters, just like Z said.

And if it,in the end, won't happen... well then there's always the Fields gig in Waregen to go to!
in dub we trust
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

The Neph gig in Waregem is just another Neph gig, probably like the ones in Greece, Poland, Finland and WGT. I'd rather see them at the two night Sheperd's Bush gigs. So if they suck, I'll at least have seen them suck with some fringe benefits (me and the missus, weekend in London, pissing off Ken Livingstone by being Belgian and not spending a lot).
As far as Tienen goes... A lot more people can get onto their market square than the tent in Zottegem could hold. Yes, it is a small town by UK and especially amerikan standards (it's not Brixton, that's for sure), and it's dead all year round, but Suikerrock is a festival with almost the same tradition as Marktrock these days, if not surpassing it at times. If they confirm the Sissies, they can't afford to do so without a contract; they're just not that kind of amateurs. Most gigs at festivals like these are being booked by the same professional agency, so I don't expect a rectraction of the announcement any time soon, unless Von's health is preventing him from performing...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Indeed!

I'm looking into the FOTN gigs in London too at the moment ...
I do want to see them and London sounds more appealing to me than the Gothic Festival in Waregem. What would be the cheapest option: eurostar or a cheap flight of some kind?
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy:

Will you be my captain then?
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

As long as you don't plan to get run over by one of those big tankers :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Obvious captain, my captain! :lol: :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
christophe
Overbomber

:lol:
don't give me idea's :P

No I won't :|
Another Shade of You.
robertzombie
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Indeed!

I do want to see them and London sounds more appealing to me than the Gothic Festival in Waregem. What would be the cheapest option: eurostar or a cheap flight of some kind?
London! :D
lachert
Overbomber

i always wander how people can listen to fields? i heard from one guy who think that sisters sucks these days that fields sucks much worse today, even for them.
long live rock'n'roll
Ania
Road Kill

My mum has agreed to babysit - so I'm there! 100%!!! :D :D
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

We're going by Eurostar, dude. Leaving Saturday the 12th at 14:59 in Brussel. See you there? :wink:
Francis
Overbomber

RobF wrote:I've just remembered why I don't come here very often.

Those of us who know what we're talking about, and actually have done some proper station-sleeping, random-country, don't give a f**k Sissies gigging, occasionally feel we should share the advice that sometimes, in-fact, more often than anyone would hope, over-enthusiastic promoters confirm gigs before Mr Eldo puts pen-to-contract. On those occasions, sometimes said gig doesn't friggin' happen, leading to ticket buying folk watching bad Euro-goff replacement bands playing in garden centres near Bruges.

I'm not suggesting this is going to happen this time, just passing on the FACT that it might.

Goodbye ya friggin' amateurs. Grow up.

Sorry Barry, but this place just attracts too many Goff knobs.
See you there then?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:

We're going by Eurostar, dude. Leaving Saturday the 12th at 14:59 in Brussel. See you there? :wink:
aha, cheers man. It seems prices are already rising, so I'm gonna have to decide rather soonish... I'll keep you posted ;D
I was listening to the Leipzig recording last night, they do sound quite good and also enough pearls on the setlist like The Watchman, Trees Come Down & Requiem...
in dub we trust
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:

aha, cheers man. It seems prices are already rising, so I'm gonna have to decide rather soonish... I'll keep you posted ;D
I was listening to the Leipzig recording last night, they do sound quite good and also enough pearls on the setlist like The Watchman, Trees Come Down & Requiem...
Yup, the Leipzig boot sounds promising! Best I've heard from the new line up so far! So London should be great! Keep me posted, mon; we'd love to share a coach with ye!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Ahráyeph ~ just a quick question with regards to your change of plans....I need to know sort out, but I need a hotel now right?

Not a problem just need to know please!

MB xxx
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Aaron and I have booked the Hotel Industrie in Leuven. It's cheap(ish), right next to the station, and no cancellation charge till the day before. I'm assuming by then that the Sisters will have confirmed, but you never know :lol:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Thanks Andrew will keep that in mind!

Planet Dave ~ babe! Where are you staying remembering you are coming to this one! Want to share a hotel room with moi? :wink: :kiss: :von:
that ongoing eternity
psichonaut
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:Thanks Andrew will keep that in mind!

Planet Dave ~ babe! Where are you staying remembering you are coming to this one! Want to share a hotel room with moi? :wink: :kiss: :von:
@ planet dave...answer quickly if not i'll bookthe room with her ;D :innocent:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

psichonaut wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Thanks Andrew will keep that in mind!

@ planet dave...answer quickly if not i'll bookthe room with her ;D :innocent:
You're MARRIED you mad Italian madman!
that ongoing eternity