Sisters played Suikerrock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

jherek wrote:just got back home from belgium - we spent last nite sampling the local brews in brussels :D

tienen was the 21st sisters gig we've seen (22nd if you include the near meth experience) first one in 1990 - and i have to say it was one of the best.

although naturally an optimist about all things sisters, after reading the reviews from porto i was a little concerned. now i feel bad for ever doubting!

eldritch's voice was as good + strong as it's been in years, the new songs were played with real finesse, the samples coming from the doktor added depth + great to see the sisters really cutting it in front of such a large crowd.

hilights - almost everything. lucretia very powerful, the floods as always, return of capricorn/i didn't know i loved you... but of course Good Things. thought it was a new song at first, then it dawned on me it was Good things, but didn't truly believe until he sang the chorus!

then to top it all, i picked a copy of the himalaya release of temple of love 12 inch (black vinyl to go with my red copy) for 15 euros from a brussels record shop this morning
:notworthy:
Where did you got in at Brussels? Anspachlaan? Exactly one year ago I bought the same record for 15 € at the Anspachlaan. Nice catch!
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

jherek wrote:just got back home from belgium - we spent last nite sampling the local brews in brussels :D
Ooo you lucky barsteward.

Some kind of new release from Eldritch would help. Even if only a couple of downloads of the newer songs. We had the Susanne vid and mp3 years ago, something else wouldn't hurt.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
sunshine
Road Kill

After watching clips from both recent shows I've got a question: had Andrew really had problems with his voice or did he just get a better microphone in Belgium? :)

And would somebody please make some kind of a DVD like it was done in Russia in December, 2006? :wink: :innocent:
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

sunshine wrote:After watching clips from both recent shows I've got a question: had Andrew really had problems with his voice or did he just get a better microphone in Belgium? :)

And would somebody please make some kind of a DVD like it was done in Russia in December, 2006? :wink: :innocent:
I am sure there will be a DVD soon because a saw a camera filming from one of the appartments above a café besides the "market"...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

sunshine wrote:After watching clips from both recent shows I've got a question: had Andrew really had problems with his voice or did he just get a better microphone in Belgium? :)
It's the usual microphone type (shure beta87) - guess it was just one of the "good voice days" + the fact, that the intrumental volume has been reduced stepwise after the first songs.
And would somebody please make some kind of a DVD like it was done in Russia in December, 2006?
This reminds me at this one:

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was asked to do it.
Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when actually Nobody asked Anybody.
:lol: :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

Or Adam blocked it for years, take yer pick! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
jherek
Road Kill

cardoman wrote:

Where did you got in at Brussels? Anspachlaan? Exactly one year ago I bought the same record for 15 € at the Anspachlaan. Nice catch!

the very place - nice shop. also got 'the name of this band is talking heads' double lp for 15 euros and the paul van dyk mix of rammstein's 'ich will' for a few euros
paul
Overbomber

jherek wrote:the paul van dyk mix of rammstein's 'ich will' for a few euros
... and that's exactly a few euro's too much... :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

_emma_ wrote:Oh yes.... I'll be the mad spinster "auntie" neighbour who has no children, several cats, lots of weird old jewellery and comes to visit every now and then to have a drink and spread the tarot, may I? :D
I'll be one too, minus the cats (sadly)...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
_emma_
Overbomber

The problem is, that's who I am in real life too. :roll:
Having six cats is not mad yet, is it? :?
Is Mr Von living with any cats these days by the way, anybody has an idea?
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

_emma_ wrote:Is Mr Von living with any cats these days by the way, anybody has an idea?
2006 he was living with cats, otherwise he wouldn't have had to feed them after Helsinki...
You can't fix stupid.
_emma_
Overbomber

Aha. A very old truth: once you've lived with a cat, you'll find it very difficult to live without one. Once you've lived with 2 cats, it's all downhill and the transition from 2 to 5 is just a matter of time, and so on...
Off topic, maybe, but just a little.
Eva

Oh well... :roll:
<== I've lived with a cat for 22 years. Yes, I do miss cat company, but knowing that they live a long life I need a more stable, more settled life before I can have cats again. All pets mean a lot of responsability. Almost like children... :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

It IS off topic. But.

Cats are decent. They rule ok.

I think pitbulls and other not so cool dogs are for people who like trance or 2nd hand gothic like Fields of The Nephilim and that awful Garden of Delight (jesus). Dogs can't be trusted.
guns & cars & accidents
Eva

Dogs believe in authority, cats don't. :notworthy: 8)
You can't fix stupid.
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote: I think pitbulls and other not so cool dogs are for people who like trance or 2nd hand gothic like Fields of The Nephilim and that awful Garden of Delight (jesus). Dogs can't be trusted.
Hey hey, calm down! I agree with you on Garden Of Delight, but obviously you haven't listened to the new FOTN album yet!
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:
dinky daisy wrote: I think pitbulls and other not so cool dogs are for people who like trance or 2nd hand gothic like Fields of The Nephilim and that awful Garden of Delight (jesus). Dogs can't be trusted.
Hey hey, calm down! I agree with you on Garden Of Delight, but obviously you haven't listened to the new FOTN album yet!
So, you agree that GOD is for dogs, that's cool.

I listened to that pretty new album (2005? in this universe that's new), and sorry. It sounded to me like pulling open a huge litter bin with a starving, well, dog in it.

But that's another discussion. And not a fine one. And hey, i like 10CC :oops:
guns & cars & accidents
Dark
Underneath the Rock

And I like Garden Of Delight. I'm sure my cat hasn't complained about it either. :roll:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:And I like Garden Of Delight. I'm sure my cat hasn't complained about it either. :roll:
What did you put into the catfood? A minced German goatee?
guns & cars & accidents
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
I listened to that pretty new album (2005? in this universe that's new), and sorry. It sounded to me like pulling open a huge litter bin with a starving, well, dog in it.
C'm on, the Nephs deserve more respect than you give them ...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:
who talks about respect?
guns & cars & accidents
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I love dogs *and* cats (and birdies, and bunnies, and...); sadly, I'm allergic to all of 'em (cats much more so than dogs, etc.). :cry:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
paul wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:
who talks about respect?
Freedom of speach goes hand in hand with respect ...
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Last, but not least: finally did find time to upload scan of article about THE show. Published on August 1st in Czech national daily, not the biggest one, but quite respectable. And the author? Ehm, you know... :wink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29782013@N03/
Right On Venom And Revenge
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

funny that Leonard Cohen becomes Leonarda Cohena in your language...
guns & cars & accidents