Andrew Eldritch: Why won't you release a new Sisters LP?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

Prescott wrote:I think a live DVD with the soundtrack on a separate CD as a live album set would be fantastic.
this.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Any kind of official live recording would be fantastic. I keep listening to some of you guys' very fantastic recordings, but still, all the audience talk and the mix... nothing like an official, a bit polished-up, live recording!
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
Prescott

So what say you Mr. Eldritch? Isn't 10,000+ views enough interest for you? Would you please release a new Sisters album? Or live DVD/CD? Or upload some live soundboard stuff to iTunes?
"... because we're that kind of people."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

moses wrote:I don't think his lyrics are obtuse or even that poetic.
As someone once said, "Some people get by with a little understanding, some people get by with a whole lot more". I would appear to be in the latter camp ... :oops:
Dan
Overbomber

Sita wrote:Any kind of official live recording would be fantastic. I keep listening to some of you guys' very fantastic recordings, but still, all the audience talk and the mix... nothing like an official, a bit polished-up, live recording!
I listened to a live compilation of all the "new" songs recently and the big thing that hit me was the poor sound quality.
(That's not to put down the efforts of those who compiled it, as it may have been someone from here and I'm sure they did their best with the recordings on offer. And I've long thought that the early stuff 81-85 sound a lot better than the later recordings. Maybe it's the larger venues.)
It made me think that if this is how the songs are going to be remembered in decades to come it's a crying shame. A bit of a shoddy legacy.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Legacy, phh ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ... :evil: ... :lol: ... you are all crazy ... :lol: ...
Prescott

Being645 wrote:Legacy, phh ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ... :evil: ... :lol: ... you are all crazy ... :lol: ...
:roll:

Some of us care deeply and intellectually about the Sisters legacy. Thanks.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote:Legacy, phh ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ... :evil: ... :lol: ... you are all crazy ... :lol: ...

Yeah, and some of you are trying hard to nail down a duty towards one's legacy ... phh ...
(and if I say phh, this does of course not target at any of you, but soley at this funny concept in general!!!)

When you look at the world of today, legacy as almost everything doesn't have any other meaning than
usability and financial yield ... so, on his way to eternal revenge, deprived of his mission, Von will surely
give a damn for serving anyone with his legacy ... sorry for that ... :roll: ... :lol: ...
Prescott

Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote:

Yeah, and some of you are trying hard to nail down a duty towards one's legacy ... phh ...
(and if I say phh, this does of course not target at any of you, but soley at this funny concept in general!!!)

When you look at the world of today, legacy as almost everything doesn't have any other meaning than
usability and financial yield ... so, on his way to eternal revenge, deprived of his mission, Von will surely
give a damn for serving anyone with his legacy ... sorry for that ... :roll: ... :lol: ...
James, shall I pass this one to you?

Being645
Wiki Wizard

Well, please not to me ... :urff: .. :lol: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

You're a bit incoherent here; once you say that A.E.'s lyrics got at least dozen of layers and how fanstastic music he wrote, that current line up and gig are great and now you say that A.E. may not care about legacy, may not want to serving anyone with his legacy. Some of us know/believe that TSOM are know touring retiremnt found for some of member(s).
Bottom line is, if you say that TSOM is (one of) the best band that ever played and if they still doing it and if it's not only about the money what is the purpose of still touring, rearing our ugly heads and ears?
And answer can't contain words like: fun, enjoy and etc.
Thanks in advance.
paul
Overbomber

I think he once cared about Sisters legacy and moral stuff, but not in these days anymore. Legacy doesn't pay his bills, live shows do (good or bad performance doesn't matter either) ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Didn't they answer that lately: Play some Rock'n Roll ... apart from plenty other things you won't have mentioned ... :lol: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Then TSOM is only ausgeblasenes now.
James Blast
Banned

Prescott wrote:James, shall I pass this one to you?
nah, I'm losing the will to continue with this one :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Quick question for those of you who insists that a new product (studio album, live album, DVD) is completely irrelevant because The Sisters live experience is still a good one - was there, in your opinion, ever a need for the band to release anything at all, in the first place?
From what I´ve understood, The Sisters were a great live band in the eighties as well (not to mention bootlegged as hell), did it really serve any purpose to release the indie singles, F&L&A, Floodland, or VT? Couldn´t they just have stuck to playing live, since they´re good at it and since it´s all anyone needs?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Prescott

TheGoodSon wrote:Quick question for those of you who insists that a new product (studio album, live album, DVD) is completely irrelevant because The Sisters live experience is still a good one - was there, in your opinion, ever a need for the band to release anything at all, in the first place?
From what I´ve understood, The Sisters were a great live band in the eighties as well (not to mention bootlegged as hell), did it really serve any purpose to release the indie singles, F&L&A, Floodland, or VT? Couldn´t they just have stuck to playing live, since they´re good at it and since it´s all anyone needs?
Great point! I tried to tackle this point about 250 posts ago too. It's basically like all the apologists are arguing that RECORDING MEDIA in general is unnecessary so it should have never been invented in the first place!?

Meanwhile, back in space:

http://www.thebrothersoftyranny.com

Looks like those troublesome Brothers are back at it again! :innocent:

*Shameless plug, I know.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

TheGoodSon wrote:Quick question for those of you who insists that a new product (studio album, live album, DVD) is completely irrelevant because The Sisters live experience is still a good one - was there, in your opinion, ever a need for the band to release anything at all, in the first place?
Apart from the fact, that The Sisters have improved their performance enormously compared to various former events, I can't but agree ...
Pista wrote: He recently talked about taking the band back to how it started (in the NZ phone call with his cat playing a star role).
He stated that they were the band that played shows & yet never released stuff.Well, I might be missing something, but Damage Done, Body Electric, Alice, Anaconda...etc. seemed to be "releases" or was I dreaming that bit?
That says it all, Steve! ... :lol: :notworthy: ... (again) ... :lol: ...
Sita

@Good Son - personally I discovered the Sisters, or rather Eldritch, around Floodland and Gift, so for me they always were this slightly artificial and megalomaniac project of a wicked genius, not your honest, hard-working and sweating indie rock act.
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

Look, I love the Sisters. Possibly even more than Prescott and that guy's probably their mother. They're the eight wonder of the world - but facts are facts: Baron Von Elderweiss don't give a f**k about any of us.

It's nothing personal.... in fact, the Oxford English Dictionary's definition of something being impersonal, specifically depicts Andrew's non-existent relationship with his audience, via a stick drawing of us, and him with his back to us.

He cares so little what we think, that the null-energy distorts spacetime outwards, causing impressive bouts of antigravitational phenomena like pigs flying - such occurrences unfortunately being too brief and ephemeral to isolate in laboratory conditions for closer scrutiny.

What we mustn't lose sight of is that Eldritch 's time is too important for him to waste, what, six weeks max of his time every two or three years on products that will invariably bring joy to tens or hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Our presumptions of his idling his time doing f**k all in between mumbling a line or or two of a twenty/thirty year old song every two months are unfounded - lest we forget about how much 'good code' he writes, because God forbid where the world would be right now without his computer skills.

God, I wish I was a Coldplay fan.
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
Prescott

Machine Regime wrote:Look, I love the Sisters. Possibly even more than Prescott and that guy's probably their mother. They're the eight wonder of the world - but facts are facts: Baron Von Elderweiss don't give a f**k about any of us.

It's nothing personal.... in fact, the Oxford English Dictionary's definition of something being impersonal, specifically depicts Andrew's non-existent relationship with his audience, via a stick drawing of us, and him with his back to us.

He cares so little what we think, that the null-energy distorts spacetime outwards, causing impressive bouts of antigravitational phenomena like pigs flying - such occurrences unfortunately being too brief and ephemeral to isolate in laboratory conditions for closer scrutiny.

What we mustn't lose sight of is that Eldritch 's time is too important for him to waste, what, six weeks max of his time every two or three years on products that will invariably bring joy to tens or hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Our presumptions of his idling his time doing f**k all in between mumbling a line or or two of a twenty/thirty year old song every two months are unfounded - lest we forget about how much 'good code' he writes, because God forbid where the world would be right now without his computer skills.

God, I wish I was a Coldplay fan.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:

I know there is seriousness mixed in here, but I have to admit you really made me laugh with this post!

I really do think he genuinely cares what we think, yet I think that just like with anyone else, he probably goes through periods when he pretends not to care and periods where he acknowledges it.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Machine Regime wrote: doing f**k all in between mumbling a line or or two of a twenty/thirty year old song every two months
This is the current state of the band. Does anyone actually think it will change? Seriously? I'm not asking if anyone wants it to change. Many do. But will it? Can it?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
Machine Regime wrote: doing f**k all in between mumbling a line or or two of a twenty/thirty year old song every two months
This is the current state of the band. Does anyone actually think it will change? Seriously? I'm not asking if anyone wants it to change. Many do. But will it? Can it?
Sure it will. But first we gotta get the guy hammered. Really hammered.
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Machine Regime wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Sure it will. But first we gotta get the guy hammered. Really hammered.
That's why he demanded £3million for a record contract. It costs a lot of money to get really hammered when you've built up a tolerance over the years ;)