The fabled Sisterhood demo version of 'This Corrosion'

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
kerebus
Road Kill

Eldorado - that is top stuff indeed, many thanks!

All these versions - thanks everyone for sharin'
Lavra
Road Kill

Wow, very nice tracks!!!!! thanks a lot Eldorado and Dan!!! :notworthy:
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

taylor wrote:>Thanks for the US radio version. Is this the same verision that's on the >Elektra white label radio promo? I don't have it in from of me to check the >times or mixes.

it was featuring on the CJM usa radio promo cd early 1987, the first guy that circulated it in Uk is Gareth Fachett that is the person who originally sold the victims of circumstance tape in 1987 through the NME small ads section.
In fact it was added as extra at early copies of the above tape.
I have never seen the CJM (CMJ?) cd promo interested for you to share info on that here (scan maybe to start) I know for a fact who was touting the VOC and TC tape around Camden and Kensington markets in 1987! but the version Dan has uploaded is from my master source so maybe Gareth shopped in London!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Dan
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:One more question: Is it cut off in the beginning (just a smidgen) or is that my version only?
That's how it is. I assume whoever recorded it off the radio pressed record at that point. The-happening, as you have the master, can you confirm the beginning of yours is the same?
There was also the sound of the radio DJ breathing in at the end before whoever recorded it stopped the tape, but I cut that part to tidy it up.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Dan wrote:
bismarck wrote:One more question: Is it cut off in the beginning (just a smidgen) or is that my version only?
That's how it is. I assume whoever recorded it off the radio pressed record at that point. The-happening, as you have the master, can you confirm the beginning of yours is the same?
There was also the sound of the radio DJ breathing in at the end before whoever recorded it stopped the tape, but I cut that part to tidy it up.
was it heavy breathng? ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dan
Overbomber

:D
No, just an intake of breath ready to say something.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Here is the Sprial Tribe Mix

More info about that mix in this topic

Peter KJ
the-happening

Dan wrote:
Dan, yes the beginning is the same and the timing is the same as well.
deadagain
Banned

taylor wrote:
it was featuring on the CJM usa radio promo cd early 1987, the first guy that circulated it in Uk is Gareth Fachett that is the person who originally sold the victims of circumstance tape in 1987 through the NME small ads section.
In fact it was added as extra at early copies of the above tape.
I got a copy of the VOC tape recently with TC on the end, but it was just a bad recording of the single version, not the US College Radio version!

Many thanks to all for the uploaded TC versions :notworthy: :notworthy:
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

TC overload :eek:

Thanks to everyone for these :lol:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
the-happening

Dark wrote:Nope. Still no demos of Torch, so we have a while to go...

Also, many thanks to Eldorado. Good to hear some new demos. :)
Korin as I am very lazy and have most of my collection stored away what versions of Torch do you believe to currently exist?

Just the 3.47 and 3.51 versions, info taken from here:

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7453
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:notworthy: for all the This Corrosions!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Torch may not have even made it as far as demo stage. All that we know for certain is that it was a song from 1985 intended for the second Sisters (Eldritch/Hussey/Adams, that is) LP, and is notorious for being one of the factors that drove Craig to walk out. Unless there's any more info on it, that's about it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>I have never seen the CJM (CMJ?) cd promo interested for you to share info >on that here (scan maybe to start) I know for a fact who was touting the >VOC and TC tape around Camden and Kensington markets in 1987! but the >version Dan has uploaded is from my master source so maybe Gareth >shopped in London!

yes I had bought on a Record collector advert many moons ago but now long time gone together all s**t that Mr Eldo done after the RaH gig.

I remember (yes maybe CMJ or so) that was a radioshow broadcasted cd from a Us radio college program aroung early month of 1987 complete with cue sheet. (like weestwood one ect). Listened it and soon noticed the difference most of all on the end regard the chorus.

Also had a 4 track sampler of Floodland in custom sleeve that featuring 4 songs from floodland inc Tc, but seems to remember that pretty the same of lp's.

the scarcest items that I had from floodland lp era was a pink label test press lp with rough mix of the lp inc the full lenght of Driven like

At last there's a Janice long session from 1987 that sure The Happening & Dan got that featuring songs from Floodland, but never checked if are different from lp.
Pista
Cureboi

The link just takes me to a blank screen??? :?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

taylor wrote:I remember (yes maybe CMJ or so) that was a radioshow broadcasted cd from a Us radio college program aroung early month of 1987 complete with cue sheet. (like weestwood one ect). Listened it and soon noticed the difference most of all on the end regard the chorus.
and
taylor wrote:VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE * 16 Rare tracks Demos tape (inc Corrossion Demo)

This is a 1st generation copy tape that I obtained from the person who originally sold it in 1987 through the NME small ads section
The person who I got it from Gareth Fachett gave me one of the
very first copies but the tape snapped after he recorded it henceMy tape (BASF LH-MI c90) contains "Serpents Kiss" demo 84 at the end of side A
It also featuring a Corrossion Demo at end of side B.
When I got it the tape the single doesn't come out yet so at time I believed that it was an unreleased song. I had ring up the record company and them told me that Sisters had split up and no single was plan up. After few months This corrossion was on the shops. The song later appeared on Demos lp and it's slight different to final mix, especially for few lyrics of Pat at the end.
After I discovered that I was Aired in Usa for a American college and than broadcasted. the maiority of tapes don't have this and this track has appeared lately on very bootleg few bootlegs either CD or vinyl
dont tie :roll:

did you ever get a copy of the silvermachine/damage done session tape? there's a copy in whitby i believe :innocent:
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Yes exactly, I wrote the text of the prev owner of the tape that explain the history. the "I'm & "I'm" are 2 different guy
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>did you ever get a copy of the silvermachine/damage done session tape? >there's a copy in whitby i believe

never heard before
mh
Above the Chemist

OK, after having had the TC demo a few days, here's my thoughts.

It's certainly different. The more stripped back arrangement suits it, allowing the electronics to come to the fore, and therefore being more in line with the Sisterhood LP. I've found TC to be the weakest track on Floodland, with the overproduction becoming tacky and wearying after time, but this version pounds and grooves, rather than twitching limply (like the LP version does).

It certainly stands up better 20 years on than the official version does.

The only thing is that it's a pity there isn't more of the song available, but it seems evident from the 3 versions we've now heard that that's all of the song that existed at the time. Nonetheless, I've stitched parts of them together to make my own 10 minute version. It's cool. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Having read through the whole this thread, I'm glad my cynicism in the early posts was unfounded. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
streamline
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Having read through the whole this thread, I'm glad my cynicism in the early posts was unfounded. ;D
You should be quite smug about what that cynicism has resulted in!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I hadn't thought of it like that! Yay me! :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
bismarck

taylor wrote:>
At last there's a Janice long session from 1987 that sure The Happening & Dan got that featuring songs from Floodland, but never checked if are different from lp.
Do tell...
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Peter KJ wrote:Here is the Sprial Tribe Mix

More info about that mix in this topic

Peter KJ
Ta!!! :notworthy:

Now who has the fabled Rolf Harris version? :innocent: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

the-happening wrote:
Dark wrote:Nope. Still no demos of Torch, so we have a while to go...

Also, many thanks to Eldorado. Good to hear some new demos. :)
Korin as I am very lazy and have most of my collection stored away what versions of Torch do you believe to currently exist?

Just the 3.47 and 3.51 versions, info taken from here:

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7453
I've got those versions (as evidenced by my reviewing.. I plead ignorance. I wrote about the College Radio mix after hearing a minute of it and thought there'd be more extra vocals, but apparently not.. I should really change what I wrote about it). But they could just be EQed versions.

I've not heard of any other versions/mixes.