Sisters in 2006

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

If it were only Vegas, it could've been just one crazy fanatic, but as there's another gig planned (Phoenix) isn't it more likely someone's behind it?

/conspiracy theory
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

From the Warlocks' homepage:

Interesting, looks like The Warlocks are opening up for The Sisters Of Mercy in February/March, we just love The Sisters Of Mercy, they rule! Thank you! Mr. Eldritch. We promise only to use HAZERS and not have a fog machine war! Check back soon for more details.
The Scene won't save you...
Francis
Overbomber

I don't care why he's doing it. I'm just glad he is. :D
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Scardwel wrote:From the Warlocks' homepage:

Interesting, looks like The Warlocks are opening up for The Sisters Of Mercy in February/March, we just love The Sisters Of Mercy, they rule! Thank you! Mr. Eldritch. We promise only to use HAZERS and not have a fog machine war! Check back soon for more details.
February/March? So March dates as well :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
DeWinter wrote: but I stick to my policy of not shelling out for tickets,travel,and accomodation untill he has something worth listening to,rather than the same old songs..
IMHO the Sisters are always worth listening to. I love the same old songs....but I also hope for new ones and a studio thingy....

Oh,I love them too,but not enough to want to pay money to hear them live anymore.I had a friend who was willing to put me up for the free gig in Leeds a while back,but I didn't think it worth the hassle even then.I'm not an obsessive fan,if theres nothing new for me to see/hear,I won't bother going.
I can't get excited over a handful of small gigs,I'm afraid. :|
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

the Lord giveth and then the bastard taketh away again
Last edited by paint it black on 06 Feb 2006, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paint it black wrote:
Scardwel wrote:From the Warlocks' homepage:

don't know if it matters, but it appears they're on the Mute label
I hope it does!!! Gives me hope again :D

Mute is also mentioned in the FAQ section (off the slightly less boring kind).
"as we walk on the floodland"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

given von's well documented dependence on cigarettes, and the fact that very few airlines offer smoking flighst any more, one can only assume he will be taking a somewhat circuitous route to vegas...?

you could probably find see him lurking about the airport sometime over the next couple of days ;D

leeds/bradford --> spain
[fag break]
spain --> chicago (not new york as its a no smoking city...)
[fag break]
chicago --> vegas via some creeky old domestic airline that permits smoking

see? thats why he rarely plays the states! he cant actually get there without going 8 hours without a smoke :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

so quiffmeister -when are you planning to change your avatar/sig/location next? :innocent:

dare i say it, but no-one seems to have thought about where they will be warming-up the new guitarist ...(which they will inevitably want to -even if it is mr. marx [/wishful thinking])
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
robertzombie
Overbomber

:( i went away for a few days hoping to come back to a list of UK dates. oh well...
James Blast
Banned

well I'm boycotting it, simple because my tour itenery would equal:
Glasgow --> Leeds/Bradford
[fag break]
Leeds/Bradford --> Spain
[fag break]
Spain --> Chicago (not new york as its a no smoking city...)
[fag break]
Chicago --> Vegas via some creeky old domestic airline that permits smoking and then the same on the way back, Bollocks tae that!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

dtsom wrote:I´ve seen that the sisters will play in the MARQUEE THEATRE ON 18-FEBRUARY-06(Tempe, AZ 85281)

http://www.luckymanonline.com/EventDeta ... ventID=759
Or maybe not - "One of England's leading "goth" bands of the 1980s"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Barracuda wrote:
dtsom wrote:I´ve seen that the sisters will play in the MARQUEE THEATRE ON 18-FEBRUARY-06(Tempe, AZ 85281)

http://www.luckymanonline.com/EventDeta ... ventID=759
Or maybe not - "One of England's leading "goth" bands of the 1980s"
Well, that's the same description found on Winamp, WMP, and most other sites that are too lazy to write their own Sisters bio.
christophe
Overbomber

I didn't think this was official yet.
taken from the Robochrist guestbook.
Robochrist wrote: And whoever was on about Las Vegas... I might see you there, yes.
seems like Chris is on board for another tour
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

but first mr. Catalyst have tourne in my country (and my hometown) :twisted:
_emma_
Overbomber

I have a close friend in Nevada. For ages, he'd kept trying to convince me to come to visit him there for a couple of months, and I'd said no because my favourite band would never play there. He'd been ready to pay for my plane tickets. But I'd kept saying no until he gave up. He sold his place in Nevada and moved to Lithuania a few weeks ago.
And I have an uncle in Phoenix, who kept trying to convince me to visit him there for a couple of months, or maybe to stay forever, and he was ready to pay for my plane tickets too, but I said no dear uncle, how could I go that far if my favourite band are playing gigs in Europe so often. Now I guess the offer is still valid, but it's much too late to get the visa.
Conclusion: THERE MUST BE SOME DATES LATER HERE IN EUROPE. Thank you.
eastmidswhizzkid

26th june hamburg apparently... :innocent:

shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote: Now I guess the offer is still valid, but it's much too late to get the visa.
Now, I know US security has been heightened by the shadow war on terror and all, but you don't need a visa to visit Arizona. :roll:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

shivarising wrote:
_emma_ wrote: Now I guess the offer is still valid, but it's much too late to get the visa.
Now, I know US security has been heightened by the shadow war on terror and all, but you don't need a visa to visit Arizona. :roll:
Well you do under certain conditions i.e. if you have a criminal record, are HIV+, don't have citizenship of countries covered by the Visa Waiver Program (UK being one of them) etc. Otherwise, there's no need for one.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/rctour.html
James Blast
Banned

Andrew S wrote:Well you do under certain conditions i.e. if you have a criminal record, are HIV+, don't have citizenship of countries covered by the Visa Waiver Program (UK being one of them) etc. Otherwise, there's no need for one.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/rctour.html
or a Bin Laden beard :innocent: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid

i got to laugh at that one twice when i twigged that andrew has indeed got a bin-laden beard you could hide a badger (or bin laden) in. :lol:

Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

It's all in the name. As Planet Dave will undoubtably know, in these parts Castleford and Pontefract are known as Cas Vegas and Ponte Carlo. Forget the visas and get the 163 from Boar Lane on a Day Rider :wink:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

the Lord giveth and then the bastard taketh away again
Last edited by paint it black on 06 Feb 2006, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

robertzombie wrote::( i went away for a few days hoping to come back to a list of UK dates. oh well...
Aye.

Good for all our friends west of the Atlantic. I'm not going to gripe about the gigs not being in Europe; we've had our share. :lol: I very much doubt I'll be able to afford to get across though.

So the "surprise" is that the Sisters are playing the USA?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

And that it's a full blown tour, funded by Mute, who they're releasing an album on and that we're getting UK dates 8)

Pretty please? :(