3 May 2006 -Leeds University

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Planet Dave wrote:Sounds good Barry. Fingers crossed mate.

To all (Laz, Hom, Lee, anyone else) heading to mine tomorrow afternoon, please try and get here after 3.30, as I'll be out til then. If you're early, you can have a nice sit down in the front garden for a bit. :wink:

See you all tomoz. 8)
No problem - will turn up sometime after 3:30pm (I've texted Lee to let him know, so long as his mobile number hasn't changed since Black Oktober...)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

See you all tomorrow. I think Kerry and I are aiming to get to the Dry Dock about 7.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:As and when me dear, as and when.

Don't suppose anyone knows Lee's phone number do they? Does Lee know Lee's phone number?

The Corporation is most welcome. Don't mention it (you won't when you wake up on the cold stone garage floor wondering what the fcuks going on :wink: )
I'm definitely coming! Will let you know via myspace if I manage get to yours before Dry Dock... BTW, where is DryDock? :kiss:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dry Dock is on the main road up from the City Centre to the University. It looks like a big boat that's been dropped onto a traffic island, you can't miss it.

Directly opposite the Poly (Metropolitan University) city site.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

So, being a lazy b@stard & not wanting to go through 12 pages of it (why I've not been keeping up I don't know) can I safely assume its Drydock about or just after 6pm?
Lets hope its nice so we can all sit on the grass like we all used to do when we were nippers. :lol:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Lets hope its nice so we can all sit on the grass like we all used to do when we were nippers. :lol:
What - with this cold and hayfever? Dream on. I'll be inside with the grumpy moaning bastards :lol:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Lets hope its nice so we can all sit on the grass like we all used to do when we were nippers. :lol:
What - with this cold and hayfever? Dream on. I'll be inside with the grumpy moaning bastards :lol:
Fair point, I don't know what I was thinking. Especially as my level as hayfever pretty much kicks off as soon as I so much as look at grass. :roll:

With you be adorned in a Whyte & Mackay top tomorrow Mr Hunter?
I'm considering going retro & wearing a Burton/Top Man one. :D
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm so excited
and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control
and I think I like it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote:I'm so excited
and I just can't hide it
and I think I like it

On the other side of the coin, I have just found out that I have to visit a client in f*****g Basingstoke tomorrow afternoon, with no chance of leaving prior to 5pm. :x
Give me one good reason
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:With you be adorned in a Whyte & Mackay top tomorrow Mr Hunter? I'm considering going retro & wearing a Burton/Top Man one. :D
Hell yeah!

Burton/Top Man? Top Man! At least we'll spot each other in a sea of black. Mine's a Calpol!
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Spiggy's hat wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:I'm so excited
and I just can't hide it
and I think I like it

On the other side of the coin, I have just found out that I have to visit a client in f*****g Basingstoke tomorrow afternoon, with no chance of leaving prior to 5pm. :x
Bugger
:urff:
Kill the Client, it's the humane thing to do...............
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
mik
Chameleons Guru

I'm guessing that I'll be able to pay on the door?

Been on holiday up on the Isle of Skye for a week of doing nada with absolutely no email or even mobile reception unless I fancied a 20 minute drive so I'm a bit unprepared....

Also, I've no idea what time I'll be home from work (Nottingham) so things might be tight timewise.

QB's other posts seem to have timings as 8pm supports and 9pm Sisters so if this stands I should make it for the main act if things work out OK. I'll try to look 'conspicuous' and keep me eyes peeled for the "Heartland Maseev".
Something pithy.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:@ DR as a doktor, I advise you to drink heavily from now till Wednesday, or risk a good stabbing!
Good news, the cold is abating, I'll be there so it seems a stabbing has been narrowly avoided :wink:

I'm still highly infectious so can I apologize in advance for spreading the next HL cold?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
James Blast wrote:@ DR as a doktor, I advise you to drink heavily from now till Wednesday, or risk a good stabbing!
Good news, the cold is abating, I'll be there so it seems a stabbing has been narrowly avoided :wink:

I'm still highly infectious so can I apologize in advance for spreading the next HL cold?
Good news indeed, and the HL Lurgey seems to be a tradition :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:
DerekR wrote:

Look' I said a was sorry :roll: :lol: :lol: , yiz cannea blame me this time :twisted:

Get better and get to the Gig Derek :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Zuma wrote:
DerekR wrote: Good news, the cold is abating, I'll be there so it seems a stabbing has been narrowly avoided :wink:

Look' I said a was sorry :roll: :lol: :lol: , yiz cannea blame me this time :twisted:

Get better and get to the Gig Derek :notworthy:
and lay off the lentil curry... :urff:
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

For anyone that does not know me, I'll be the tall bugger in
the Heartland Tee, please feel free to say hello!

(Cat will be the one saying hello and talking about zombies to Planet D).

Have a good one all..

Cheers

Dave
James Blast
Banned

Zuma wrote:For anyone that does not know me
he looks like a young, svelte, debonair (even) Anthony H. Wilson and he'll be giving a lardy Jock a guid stabbin'! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Zuma wrote:For anyone that does not know me
he looks like a young, svelte, debonair (even) Anthony H. Wilson and he'll be giving a lardy Jock a guid stabbin'! :lol:
And I might even buy you a pint if you lay off the Wilson stuff :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Have fun people! Looking forward to your reviews etc.... :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

See ya all tonight.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It would seem that the Sissies are already here. I've just bumped into Chris ("Robobreezer") in town. He was looking very rock-and-roll in his leather jacket (in this heat? :lol:)

We had a few words; he's glad to be home (even if it's only for a day) but still enjoying the tour. :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
The Rake
Road Kill

Hi all, Im new to this forum, but was a member of the domminion mailing list some years ago & been a fan of the sisters since their start.
Been awhile since I last saw them play live (Nottingham Rock City 2001) & I am looking forward to seeing them tonight in Leeds.

Hope to see ya all tonight
Badlander
Overbomber

The Rake wrote:Hi all, Im new to this forum, but was a member of the domminion mailing list some years ago & been a fan of the sisters since their start.
Welcome to HL. :notworthy:

And wish you all a top nite out ! :D 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Welcome indeed The Rake. :D The Heartland Sisterhood will be in the Drydock from 6ish, then pogoing down the front for the gig. See you there. 8)
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'