March Violets Gig Arrangements/Meet Up.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

:notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: SALVATION :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
nitestorm
Road Kill

I have been feeling guilty for all of the 78 miles that i drove back home about that!!!!! Argh.
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yo, scotty!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
reanimate
Road Kill

Hey!

I had a really great time, 200 miles each way - well worth it.

We were very disapointed to miss Salvation, didn't think they'd be on quite so early, only caught the end of them and they sounded excellent.

James Ray was shockingly bad, with a couple of spotty teenagers supporting on guitars - think I first saw Ray in '92 so it would have been nice to have heard some Gangwar stuff. He really must learn to use Media player better as well. At least he was sober for this one.

Chris Reed - very talented, night and day in comparison with Ray. Good to hear some classic lorries as well.

March Violets - what can I say - amazing. Rosie looks stunning (still!), Tim still looks like he's a student and played brilliantly, the bass guitarist sound spot on (that bass eh?) and Simon played his part to perfection. Loved the heckle at the start of "you're not pavarotti!"

Biggest downer of the night?

... I didn't win the raffle

Simon.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I'm still in Leeds wringing the last precious drops of dodgy goff dancing out of the weekend (read: Tim is holding me hostage because he has no mates to go clubbing with :twisted:) I shall return tomorrow to submit a full and thorough appraisal of the night.

Good day to you all!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

reanimate wrote:
James Ray was shockingly bad, with a couple of spotty teenagers supporting on guitars
nothing like the Sisters then :lol:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i'm jealous Image
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
James Blast
Banned

from Dawnrazor
Timoth wrote:Hello all, not long back home after drive down from leeds today, last night was very good and ran into a plethora of dawnrazorers, Blue Angel was on good form and didn't have too much rum, its mr weebles who is probably struggling a bit today!
Salvation were spot on and a really good opener for the night, (didn't get there in time to see Screaming Banshee Overdrive or whatever they were called! :) ) Scotty seemed to enjoy himself the most during the Salvation set and spent most of the night trying to get autographs off all members past and present.
James Ray was up next with his 25 Men project, dressed in dark suit and sporting a blonde beard he was quite an imposing figure as he stalked the stage, with a backdrop of video and photos in time to the music going on behind the band. No older tracks were played although some of the tunes sounded very similiar to them, a thoroughly enjoyable old school style industrial set and fingers crossed now for a general release of a 25 Men album.
The Chris Reed Unit followed, with a solitary Chris Reed (of Red Lorry Yellow Lorry fame) on stage with an electric acoustic guitar and drum machine for company. His voice as usual was like nothing else with that familiar nasal twang, with just his own solo stuff being played, rather pleasant songs but with the only downpoint being the lack of time between songs before the drum machine kicked off for the next one.
Finally it was time for the Violets to take the stage, 'We've been waiting for this moment for 25 years' seemed to be the constant mantra throughout the night! Simon commented on the fact that those years hadn't treated him well, pointing to his enormous beer belly! It was an impressive show with all the old favourites and a few new ones too, notably Long Black Hair, but with Slow Drip Lizard, Snake Dance, Walk Into The Sun, Fodder and a plethora of other crowd pleasers, it was never going to be a dull set (for me anyway!) The gig finished at midnight and there supposedly was a late disco til 3, but a long day and a few bevvies made the decision for me to make like Zebidee and boing off to bed.
Hope that paints a picture of the night for those who couldn't make it.....roll on the 24th May get together!!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
gothrevival
Road Kill

Salvation were inspirational.

What a fantastic night..
scotty
Overbomber

Got to thank weebles for putting me up for the night, cheers again mate :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: , and Blue Angel for taking me to the Airport this morning, Tpo Man :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Great to see all of you again :D , finally met biggy 8) , hadn't seen BOF for a couple of years and met her Bloke, a fine chap 8) .

I didn't see Screaming Banshee Aircrew so can't comment.

For me, seeing SALVATION again after all these years was, maybe apart from a Ghost Dance reunion, as good as it gets, I can't tell you what it meant, and were great, tight as a fuckin' drum, superb.........absolutely superb :notworthy: x a Squillion!.

James Ray & 25 Men got off to a dodgy start due to 'puttor problems :roll: , but, when the got going I was really impressed, proper loud too :D

Chris Ried could/can/will never do any wrong in my book and last nights set was top notch 8)

March Violets................saw the first Three songs then fucked to the Bar to top up the Guinness levels :oops: , I can never say I was a big fan but a big thanks goes to them for doing it and putting the night on 8)

I got to have a right good chin wag to James Ray, it was a pleasure 8) 8)
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well, you did leave ma'grit behind. ask her if she has anything she might want to confess to...
scotty
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:well, you did leave ma'grit behind. ask her if she has anything she might want to confess to...
Hoovering :innocent:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

how did this get on the wrong thread? i was replying to your phone thingy!
scotty
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:how did this get on the wrong thread? i was replying to your phone thingy!
old age doesn't come itself
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm not wearing my top, that's the prob
gothrevival
Road Kill

http://eventful.com/demand/D0-001-001157845-4
Make your demands...for SALVATION.

maybe ... just MayBe. :wink:
Last edited by gothrevival on 09 Dec 2007, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Screaming Banshee Aircrew - didn't see 'em (did anyone?) so I can't comment.
Salvation - were bloody excellent but their set was far too short! Left me wanting more.
James Ray/25men - The visuals were good, but to be honest I prefer the techno-rock sounds of Gangwar. Mr N did a fine job on guitar. :wink:
Chris Reed - I managed to catch the end of his set. It was just him & an electro-acoustic with some cool lights and a drum machine. A simple set-up but it worked really well.
March Violets didn't disappoint. They played all the classics and played them well. They didn't do "Lights Go Out" (one of my favourite Violets tracks) but you can't have everything I guess.
Top nite out! :notworthy:
Last edited by Scardwel on 09 Dec 2007, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
The Scene won't save you...
biggy

gothrevival wrote:http://eventful.com/demand/D0-001-001157845-4
Make your demands...for SALVATION.

maybe ... just MayBe. :wink:
I'm thinking that I know who you are. 8)
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
gothrevival
Road Kill

oh..

nice.. ;)

-i am not an agent for salvation tho.....
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews! :notworthy:

Salvation.....what a shame I never got to see them..... :(
"as we walk on the floodland"
allfear

Fantastic night, it was like Whitby 12 years ago, so many goths that I havent seen for a VERY long time all came together. an Amazing achievement.

1) Got to Meet Robochrist, what a top bloke.

2) the Gig

SBA - Great peformance, with a drummer now, there on the money they always give 100%

Salvation - Faultless Set never really seen them before and dont know there stuff but was great

James Ray - First song and the last song were good, not taken with the middle 2 numbers so much, someone reackones one of the guitarists looked like me!!!!

Chris Reed - Prefered his set to the last time i saw RLYL

Violets - Fantastic faultless set, all the tracks from the pre cleo era that you cold think of, and some new songs too, the pretty pretty one was really good.

This whole event had the vibe of when I went to Off The Streets, Simon and co dig a mega job of putting this on, it was great.

Matthew
John_r
Road Kill

It certainly made me think that Goth has still got a good deal of life in it for sure.

I had never heard Salvation before, have they always covered "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan? It took the first handful of lines for me to realise what I was hearing!
biggy

John_r wrote:It certainly made me think that Goth has still got a good deal of life in it for sure.

I had never heard Salvation before, have they always covered "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan? It took the first handful of lines for me to realise what I was hearing!
They released it on 7" and 12" in 1988......jeez that was 19 years ago :eek:
I painted the backdrop for the "sunshine superman" tours, Undertow still has it.

the-happening

John_r wrote:It certainly made me think that Goth has still got a good deal of life in it for sure.

Abused it, recorded it and released it.
http://www.salvationhq.co.uk/discography/superman12.php
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
biggy

haha, beat you to it.