2 dates in Leeds 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Just ordered tickets for both dates - anyone else staying at the "Discovery Inn?" ;D
_emma_
Overbomber

@ Mr Ian at Crash Records - well you sent mine to Poland as a common letter, not registered, but I found them in my mailbox just a couple of days after ordering, so no problem here. 8)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
abridged wrote:The new Chelsea away jersey is black. Ahem. Maybe I won't... :innocent: ;D
Maybes not, eh? Old habits die hard up here...
Ah am not that brave! Will wear me official white Sisters shirt as a Leeds gesture! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Crash Records wrote:As most of you know we have been sending orders out for the two Sisters Of Mercy gigs. There have been a couple of overseas orders that have not arrived at their destinations yet a couple of weeks after posting. So I would just remind everyone that the absolute guaranteed way for your tickets not to get lost is by choosing the Collect At Crash option. This means that when you arrive in Leeds you can just call into the shop and pick your tickets up. We are in the city centre about 1 minutes walk away from the Travelodge on Vicar Lane where lots of you seem to be staying. We can also arrange for tickets to be collected at the venue. Normal overseas post does not insure tickets that are sent out. If you email us and pay £3 extra we can send them out registered, but even then if tickets are lost it will cause all sorts of problems trying to get duplicates issued. Any questions please email ian@crashrecords.co.uk
Yes, there is always a risc, but not for me.
My tickets arrived save in The Netherlands
and are waiting to be used on 16 and 17 February 2011

One more time my thanks goes out to Crash Records :notworthy:
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
lachert
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:@ Mr Ian at Crash Records - well you sent mine to Poland as a common letter, not registered, but I found them in my mailbox just a couple of days after ordering, so no problem here. 8)
sounds scary :eek: as i know Ian said something about "registered post" :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Crash Records wrote:As most of you know we have been sending orders out for the two Sisters Of Mercy gigs. There have been a couple of overseas orders that have not arrived at their destinations yet a couple of weeks after posting. So I would just remind everyone that the absolute guaranteed way for your tickets not to get lost is by choosing the Collect At Crash option. This means that when you arrive in Leeds you can just call into the shop and pick your tickets up. We are in the city centre about 1 minutes walk away from the Travelodge on Vicar Lane where lots of you seem to be staying. We can also arrange for tickets to be collected at the venue. Normal overseas post does not insure tickets that are sent out. If you email us and pay £3 extra we can send them out registered, but even then if tickets are lost it will cause all sorts of problems trying to get duplicates issued. Any questions please email ian@crashrecords.co.uk
Is Belgium overseas? If so, no problems here, I got them, and I intend to keep them close ;D

Flights and hotel booked too 8) (Belgians/Dutchies: Antwerp - Manchester is only €130 to fly!) And a couple of extra days after the gig in Britain too, still to decide where to go to ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's very good of you to come on here and reassure our users like that :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Got tickets for boths night - just need to think about where to stay :D

Can't wait to see everyone :D xxx
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:Can't wait to see everyone :D xxx
Is it just me, or is everyone getting the impression it'll be a Heartland love-in, with the Sisters just a noise in the background?
Four strings good, six strings bad
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
Is it just me, or is everyone getting the impression it'll be a Heartland love-in, with the Sisters just a noise in the background?
Aren't they all? :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yep :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
_emma_
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
I am not getting such an impression. :P
If there was just the band on stage and no one but me as audience, I would still go. If there was all the HL people but no band, I most probably would just stay at home and watch some DVDs with the sweet company of my cats. But that's me. :P
Then again the fact that I have these DVDs is thanks to this forum, mostly, so I'd better shut up.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol: :notworthy: 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
_emma_
Overbomber

And don't think I'm grumpy or aloof, nothing like that, there are people here whom I love dearly (you know who you are :kiss: ), and also people whom I really like and / or respect, and these are people whom I would never get to know if it wasn't about TSOM, but that's a different thing. I understand friendship and deep, meaningful relationships between people, what I don't understand is the sense of community built on an imaginary structure. But that's me, I don't want to be a spoilsport for anyone, if you want to have fun with one another it's great, nothing wrong with that, but if you think that the music is just a noise in the background, please stand in the back rows or at the bar and don't make me nervous. :P Because for me the music has been the soundtrack to my life and I've spent many many hours listening to it on my own, in my home, in my car, in my headphones at lively parties full of people, in my earphones at school, on my computer at work. And it hurts me to see that for some people the same thing that has been so important and personal and special for me serves just as an excuse to get drunk and get together just like any old music or any old football match. :P
Okay. Rant over. I've had a bad day, sorry. :kiss:
lachert
Overbomber

_emma_ and when you talking about listen to live music you mean the sisters on concerts? :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

I feel very ashamed of my enthusiasm now :/
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Belgians/Dutchies: Antwerp - Manchester is only €130 to fly!
Ooh, that's not too bad! But then again: Manchester? :innocent:
in dub we trust
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:I feel very ashamed of my enthusiasm now :/
Don't be

You're not the only one quite excited about these gigs .
Just one of the pesky kids
_emma_
Overbomber

lachert wrote:_emma_ and when you talking about listen to live music you mean the sisters on concerts? :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :wink:
Yes, mostly. :P
Geez, please don't be, the vast majority of the people here share your enthusiasm, and I'm just a Walt Kowalski so don't take me serious. :-)
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Arse tae that lass, we iz going to own it LARGE :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... :roll: ... Thank you, Ian ... seems I will have to do so ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah be enthused. An abridged Derry person will be enthusiastically mooching around also!
The Chancer Corporation
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote: Arse tae that lass, we iz going to own it LARGE :lol:

Fact 8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Emerald Green
Road Kill

hey don't be. I'm kinda excited and I live in Uddersfelt! it takes a lot to arouse us.... 8)
True Love Doth Pass Away
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Belgians/Dutchies: Antwerp - Manchester is only €130 to fly!
Ooh, that's not too bad! But then again: Manchester? :innocent:
Should be easy enough to get from there to Leeds surely :D (LBA airport is more of a pain as it's kind of in the middle of nowhere AFAIK? And Eurostarring over wouldn't be much cheaper either methinks.)

And I wouldn't mind discovering/partying there afterwards either ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr