2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

There are no photos of me anywhere :D Even the people I was with didn't take any of me! (I did have a sticker, didn't say Yuitsu though.)
unholyracket
Road Kill

robm wrote:
bangles wrote:For me, since I started in Wembly 90 - the 2nd night Leeds - best sisters gig ever!
I'm still trying to convince myself it wasn't better than the NEC in 92.

Not as loud, sure...
I am also trying to purge the memory of the NEC in 92. It just won't go though. For me that is in the top most disappointing gigs I have seen. The others were The Royal Albert Hall where you could see then falling apart and the York Racecourse where the dry ice blew away and you actually saw the band (it was a shock).
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:
Emerald Green wrote:My 1 publishable pic from the 16th!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nualabugeye/5453750552/

A pic of Claire and other 'Leeds Folk' from a few years back

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nualabugeye/2099805357/
Was checking out your other pics (Salvation ones) and I see Biggy's on there - Nige
Yeah, big Nige, Deep Sea Jiver, nice bloke, great tattooist
True Love Doth Pass Away
Debaser
Overbomber

Emerald Green wrote: Yeah, big Nige, Deep Sea Jiver, nice bloke, great tattooist
Even better self-publicist :lol: :lol: :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

EEEEK, even more scary....I seem to be in the background of one of the Salvation ones too :eek: :eek:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:
Emerald Green wrote: Yeah, big Nige, Deep Sea Jiver, nice bloke, great tattooist
Even better self-publicist :lol: :lol: :lol:
You ain't wrong! :wink:
True Love Doth Pass Away
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:EEEEK, even more scary....I seem to be in the background of one of the Salvation ones too :eek: :eek:
No-one is safe in this digital age :lol:
True Love Doth Pass Away
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:I thought the cupcakes were fine, but had a dodgy tummy all day Friday. Had to have been the cupcakes. No way could it have been enough cider to float a small armada. Oh no.

Wonder if they had goff repellent in them? Bat goff repellent cupcakes! :lol:
sam1 wrote:back at work now..don't feel too good,must of been a dodgy cupcake ,not any of the 10 or so pints of lager...
I'm seeing a pattern emerging :lol:
Meat Whiplash
Road Kill

You do all know that Pipeline should sound like this - http://www.divshare.com/download/14111529-428
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mr. Wah wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:
As for posing with someone for pics.......that's pretty likely to be me. ;-) I must say I was kinda amazed about just how much time he was willing to spend having pics taken. ;-) I am WELL chuffed. I will definitely have a couple of those framed. :D
Well done. How did you manage that? I was undoubtedly way gone by that stage but it appeared to me at the time that the photo session was pre-arranged with Andrew. Or did it just happen on the spur of the moment?

BTW... did you manage to find some Old Speckled Hen, or did you have to make do with some other good ale? :)
The session definitely was NOT pre-arranged although quite a few people thought it was. I have had numerous people coming up to me afterward with various questions regarding that. I will post some more pics later this week.as the gf has the camera at the mo.....but here is some rough proof it actually DID happen. ;-)

And yes...I DID manage to get a couple of bottles of Hen.....yet had to resort to drinking various other real ales during our stay. ;-)
centurionofprix

Someone's More video from the 17th:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_gTO9W9 ... re=related

It sounds just perfect! Beautiful. The related Abri clip ain't bad, either. :lol:
DasPerltAber

Mr. Wah wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:
As for posing with someone for pics.......that's pretty likely to be me. ;-) I must say I was kinda amazed about just how much time he was willing to spend having pics taken. ;-) I am WELL chuffed. I will definitely have a couple of those framed. :D
Well done. How did you manage that? I was undoubtedly way gone by that stage but it appeared to me at the time that the photo session was pre-arranged with Andrew. Or did it just happen on the spur of the moment?

BTW... did you manage to find some Old Speckled Hen, or did you have to make do with some other good ale? :)
On top of that....we got there a day early....hit the pubs straight away.....continued drinking for days on end....and you think I might be lucid?;-)
James Blast
Banned

nice napper
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
My Dominion

I did return on Friday night (18-02-2011), still impressed of the last 2 days.

Today I have worked on my website and have made a first update.

> With The Playlists.

> With The Photos (8 pages)

> And The Review is still under construction.

Have a look and don't forget to write a comment in the Guestbook.

http://www.mydominionnl.com/leedsuk16th ... y2011.html

Most say it was awesome.
Was very pleased to have met so much Heartlanders on both nights and offcourse also the non-Heartlanders :-)
Thank you all for a Good Time :notworthy:

Please send your photos of the concerts, Dry Docks or other impressions to me so I will upload them on my site.
(first_last_always@hotmail.com)
Please mention your (nick) name / place / country and data.
Or give me persmission to use your photos by PM and send a link to me were to update. Thanks in advance.

I did have a wonderfull time in Leeds.
Thanks to the nice people of the Travelodge, Dry Docks, Met Uni, Jet2come and more.

Andrew, Ben and Chris again thanks for the great 30th Birthday Party.
Nice speaking to you in the Dry Docks and after the 2nd show.

And now waiting for the concert in AB in Brussel in Belgium.

See you all on the 22th February.

After this one in will drive to Tilburg for the concert in O13.

Mmmm at 00.00 hours going from the 23th to the 24th I will start to celebrate my own Birthday :!: :) in the after party in 013.
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

Anybody know who the guy in the hat is cos I think he might like a copy of this pic:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/I ... directlink
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
paul
Overbomber

DasPerltAber wrote:
And yes...I DID manage to get a couple of bottles of Hen.....yet had to resort to drinking various other real ales during our stay. ;-)
Je hebt Johan definitief verslagen, man! :notworthy:
DasPerltAber

paul wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:
Je hebt Johan definitief verslagen, man! :notworthy:
Dank je, Paulus! Zal die betere pics van de week nog online zetten, ;-) Tot maandag!
zaney5
Road Kill

darkparticle wrote:Safely returned yesterday, just down a mates as I've no internet at home. Just uploaded some photos to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/59728593@N06/
from thursday's gig I did briefly delete some but they might be a birt shiut. I left on the ones from the dry dock, let me know if you'd like any deleted :twisted:

Very happy to have met some of the many faces that make HEARTLAND such a great location, more than a virtual space.

QB I think there's also a shot of Welsh Tony, great bloke you must let him know I've not forgotten about Medicine Bow potentially coming down to Dorset.

What a great show and what a great band :notworthy:

You guys were stood behind us. In fact thankfully you only managed to get my shoulder in one of your pics!! (Although you did manage to get the back of my other half!)
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

It's what happened when Right Said Fred turned into Right Said Meth
guns & cars & accidents
DasPerltAber

dinky daisy wrote:Image

Are you implying there was any drink or drugs involved here?
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:
dinky daisy wrote: It's what happened when Right Said Fred turned into Right Said Meth
We were all sober as priests. No inebriation of any kind.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I've finally got access to a computer, so here are my thoughts on the Leeds shows. I think these 2 gigs are the best UK ones I've been to and there was a great mood among the crowd before the gigs started. The cupcakes and postcards on the way in was a nice gesture, even if some found the cupcakes a bit sickly (but not me, oh no). Space Ritual and Dave Thomas and the 2 Pale Boys were excellent choices for support acts - very different but both did really good sets und seemed to go down well. Even the intro tape had some really good stuff including Station To Station :notworthy:

And as for the Sisters... First time I've heard Lucretia as an opener since 2002. It's my favourite live song although hearing it at the start made me feel as if I'd, er, shot my bolt. Once I recovered I got really into it and the band clearly enjoyed themselves a lot. Eldritch was in playful mood - back to posing with the mic stand and spending a lot of time on his knees (oo-er missus) Gift That Shines and Pipeline are both new to me so I still need to get to know them. The following night, Kiss The Carpet was a great starter (and what they started with first time I ever saw them) so was over the moon to hear it back. Another great gig, although I seem to be in the minority for preferring the 1st night (wot no Lucretia?) but it didn't spoil my enjoyment.

Some have complained about the 'low' volume but I don't get why people want it at ear damaging levels. As it was, my ears were ringing after both nights so it was certainly loud enough for me. Oh, and I loved the radioactive 'billion points of light'.

The aftershow was a welcome change from being ejected from the venue straight after the show. I managed to catch up with some people I've not seen in years and got to meet a few new faces. Nice to see the band so relaxed and chatting away to people afterwards. Sadly I didn't realise there was a dance floor till the next night.

A couple of minor recommendations:

1. wear wronger trousers
2. bring back Lucretia

So a huge corny Thank You to Eldiritch and everyone else responsible for the last 30 years of the Sisters :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: .
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

My first thought was, "Should I superimpose my head on this photo in place of Paul's?" :lol:
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
DasPerltAber

DasPerltAber wrote:

I for one was, and stayed, sober as f**k......*cough* ;-)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

DasPerltAber wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:

I for one was, and stayed, sober as f**k......*cough* ;-)
Ah I can confirm that you didn't have a drink in your hand at all up at the front Wednesday night! Neither did the completely sober Irish guy beside you of course! :wink: :innocent:
The Chancer Corporation