Andrew Eldritch: Why won't you release a new Sisters LP?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Still not hearing any answers, though... Was there ever any point for The Sisters to release anything in the first place, since all anyone could ever want is live bootlegs?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Who's anyone? :? I have a neat Bauhaus bootleg collection that I got when I was a teen, but tbh it was a fetish thing, I never thought you could really listen to them. I guess I mostly bought them because I knew they had split and there were no more real albums to come :cry: ... which reminds me...
James Blast
Banned

horses for courses, some of us are... disgruntled

at least Bauhaus left us with their best ellpee (IMO) 'Go Away White', in case ye dinna ken ;D
Last edited by James Blast on 02 Sep 2011, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Caravaggio
Road Kill

TheGoodSon wrote:Still not hearing any answers, though... Was there ever any point for The Sisters to release anything in the first place, since all anyone could ever want is live bootlegs?
Well I think:

In the early 80ies independent labels were cool.
In the late 80ies it was cool to produce fancy music videos.
In the 90ies everybody just wanted to earn a lot of money.

And now, Andrew thinks this refusal-thing is the way to be.
Although I still think he's really just (tuned-in, turned-on) burned-out.
There have been better plans
But none that I could ever understand...
James Blast
Banned

Caravaggio wrote:burned-out.
that's the chappie! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Sita

James Blast wrote:horses for courses, some of us are... disgruntled

at least Bauhaus left us with their best ellpee (IMO) 'Go Away White' in case ye dinna ken ;D
I ken :roll: ;D ... couldna have ken when I was 15 though that there was somthing to come in 20 years, right?
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:horses for courses, some of us are... disgruntled

at least Bauhaus left us with their best ellpee (IMO) 'Go Away White', in case ye dinna ken ;D
Errywan ken it kicks the sh!t out of Burning From the Inside ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

Pista wrote:Ab'dy kens it kicks the shite ootta of 'Burning frae thi Inside' ;D
adjusted, Curieboi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:
Pista wrote:Ab'dy kens it kicks the shite ootta of 'Burning frae thi Inside' ;D
adjusted, Curieboi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knew there woz a typo in there somewhere

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

thank you dear :D
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

Nice! but snouds like too much hard work, I mean am might huv tae gie a shiite!

Nae chance! ;D
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ye think I could dae it? ;D Efter aw, I did gote the entire lyrics o' Glesga's Different Class (by the way)... :lol:
Prescott

So, anyways. I new album would be rather wonderful. Whether it's a live album or a studio album. As long as it has those historically important songs on it, that is.
"... because we're that kind of people."
sultan2075
Overbomber

Don't hold your breath. It almost certainly won't happen.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

We can all wish, but I don't see it happen soon.
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
Prescott

VonII wrote:We can all wish, but I don't see it happen soon.
"Soon" can be a very relative thing.

My vote is for Crash And Burn as the first single and Far Parade as the second single.

On iTunes, of course.
"... because we're that kind of people."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote:

My vote is for Crash And Burn as the first single and Far Parade as the second single.

On iTunes, of course.
No! not on f**king iTunes! I don't have any iTunes device. He may contact that Greek guy who is
already selling a wide selection of multicoloured vinyls with live versions of Summer, Romeo Down,
Su"z"anne on Ebay daily... and give us a pretty vinyl. Well, you might have your idiot iTunes as well, if you need 'em, ok ... :twisted: :lol: ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

not that many 'new' tunes are making it into the set now. It seems at least some are retired as live, so they're hardly likely to make it to record are they :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote:

On iTunes, of course.
No! not on f**king iTunes! I don't have any iTunes device. He may contact that Greek guy who is
already selling a wide selection of multicoloured vinyls with live versions of Summer, Romeo Down,
Su"z"anne on Ebay daily... and give us a pretty vinyl. Well, you might have your idiot iTunes as well, if you need 'em, ok ... :twisted: :lol: ...
You willing to pay 20 dollar for it? I'll press it then ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:No! not on f**king iTunes! I don't have any iTunes device.
Nor do I since my Macbook went the way of the Big Jobs in the sky.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:No! not on f**king iTunes! I don't have any iTunes device.
Nor do I since my Macbook went the way of the Big Jobs in the sky.
Don't worry too much, I'm living without one for all my life. It is possible ... :lol: ...

@ Izzy ... so one won't even have to go the long way to Greece ... :twisted: :lol: ...

Hell, if it were an original Sisters product with the master's very own artwork and choice of rogi or other such stuff, I'd buy it. As in Belgium we pay in Euros, it would be about 15 €, I guess and with mass production ... ;D ... it might be possible to sell it at 10 quid - Euros, not GBP, in GBP about 7,5 .... ;D ;D ;D ... :lol: ...
Sita

Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote:

On iTunes, of course.
Probably I am mistaken, but don't you think it is upsetting when someone makes + sells things like that? :eek: If some third party is preying on someone else's work and the artist doesn't even get a nickel from it? Or am I missing something?
PS - I had itunes on my computer and it felt like a virus, so I got rid of it again.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sita wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote: "Soon" can be a very relative thing.

On iTunes, of course.
Probably I am mistaken, but don't you think it is upsetting when someone makes + sells things like that? :eek: If some third party is preying on someone else's work and the artist doesn't even get a nickel from it? Or am I missing something?
PS - I had itunes on my computer and it felt like a virus, so I got rid of it again.
Yeah, I hate that as well. Warner/Rhino have thrown NEW Sisters products on the market each year lately. All these boxes like the Merciful Release Box with all the reissues fromm 2006 in 2007, or the 2in1 Box in 2008 or this thing we all bought with all the original CDs (which had that cruel Japanese mix of First And Last And Always) in 2009...
So that's another good point for The Sisters to make some pretty vinyl themselves ... :D ...

But not everybody has a record player, so there's again only digital media ... which will of course end up somewhere copied, nonetheless - without artwork, without printed lyrics and without being original. And a CD can be a piece of art as well. The Green Eldritch CD of that Greek guy looks for example not bad, compared to plenty other of his produce ... :lol: ...

And I'm sure The Sisters could do something better, anyway ...