Newsworthy continued: EEEEEEEENINp'ts!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-30681476.
Only in Dundee ...
... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... space hopper in an underground tunnel, ok ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Appalled, particularly as a magazine publisher, about the killings in Paris. :cry:
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote:Appalled, particularly as a magazine publisher, about the killings in Paris. :cry:
Indeed. It's horrible.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-30681476.
Only in Dundee ...
... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... space hopper in an underground tunnel, ok ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
"I can only assume that the gentleman was space hoppering for some time because there is no path there."

Today's challenge: use "space hopper" as a verb in at least 3 business or professional communications.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

Seriously. You really don't need news when you have Fox

Also check #foxnewsfacts on twitter.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Cameron wanting to outlaw encryption (eh..) makes me quite happy for once that I don't live in Britain.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's just posturing, there's no way he can stop it. What's he going to so, block access to the source code for OpenSSL?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

I think his advisors are just trolling him.
It reminds me of the scene in IT Crowd where Jen presents the internet.

This is the same Cameron who wanted to pass laws that forced ISPs to log all user IP addresses right?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:It's just posturing, there's no way he can stop it. What's he going to so, block access to the source code for OpenSSL?
They could legislate that you have to get a key from the government for your site etc. Similar to getting your key signed by a commerical CA today. They'd keep a copy of the private key registered under your name, and if you use an 'illegal' unregistered key, they'd kick your door in. Of course that wouldn't stop terrorists and criminals from using secure encryption and it would be a severe PITA for everyone else, apart from the privacy rights issue, but would that really bother these morons?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Guess what we vote for mark ;D :innocent:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Vermonters object to proposed Latin state motto...

...confusing Latin the language with Latino/Latina the ethnicity.
I did not anticipate [...] the vitriolic verbal assault from those who don’t know the difference between the Classics and illegal immigrants from South America.
:facepalm:
—Bertrand Russell
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Vermonters object to proposed Latin state motto...

...confusing Latin the language with Latino/Latina the ethnicity.
I did not anticipate [...] the vitriolic verbal assault from those who don’t know the difference between the Classics and illegal immigrants from South America.
:facepalm:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(as stated in the article: teh stupid, it hurts)
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
rien

A broken automatic door at the Philosophy department of the Mainz university caused people to literally post memes (link in German):
http://www.buzzfeed.com/sebastianfiebri ... informiert

(I've seen bits of this on Twitter while it unfolded; I'm glad someone made a compilation)
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Silver_Owl
The Don

God - students have far too much time on their hands. :roll:

8)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

rien wrote:A broken automatic door at the Philosophy department of the Mainz university caused people to literally post memes (link in German):

(I've seen bits of this on Twitter while it unfolded; I'm glad someone made a compilation)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Genius :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

rien wrote:A broken automatic door at the Philosophy department of the Mainz university caused people to literally post memes (link in German):

... :eek: :lol: ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ... effective action ... for otherwise the door were still broken ...
iesus
Overbomber

if we add the cost of papers, printers, inks, duct tape etc they could have fix 10 doors :lol: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
rien

I'm glad you guys liked it! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

(the "THEY'RE TAKING THE TECHNIKER TO ISENGARD" one slew me.)
iesus
Overbomber

the best one is

:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
rien

Haha. I think the problem wasn't that the door couldn't be opened, but that it's an automatic door for disabled people (there's a ramp on the outside), who often aren't in the position to just open it themselves.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

There was a switches to press inside on the wall and it didn't work any longer.
As you can see from the video, the door has now been equipped with motion sensors ... which is a much better technique ...
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity