The fabled Sisterhood demo version of 'This Corrosion'

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote:
taylor wrote:>
At last there's a Janice long session from 1987 that sure The Happening & Dan got that featuring songs from Floodland, but never checked if are different from lp.
Do tell...
Janice Long never played a session by the SISTERS she played an evening of 3 of the best (i'll confirm track listing later and maybe date of broadcast), the version Dan and I have came from the USA by way of a friend of mine who sent it to me August/September 1987, it wasn't released in the USA until January 1988. I have never heard of any promotional material of it before this period, if there is anything i'd like to see some evidence.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
the-happening

Dark wrote:
the-happening wrote:
Dark wrote:Nope. Still no demos of Torch, so we have a while to go...

Also, many thanks to Eldorado. Good to hear some new demos. :)
Korin as I am very lazy and have most of my collection stored away what versions of Torch do you believe to currently exist?

Just the 3.47 and 3.51 versions, info taken from here:

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7453
I've got those versions (as evidenced by my reviewing.. I plead ignorance. I wrote about the College Radio mix after hearing a minute of it and thought there'd be more extra vocals, but apparently not.. I should really change what I wrote about it). But they could just be EQed versions.

I've not heard of any other versions/mixes.
I have a tape with 3 mixes of Torch direct from MR with Mix 4, Mix 6 and Dub Mix 4 which i'll go and dig out and compare.
Dan
Overbomber

the-happening wrote:Janice Long never played a session by the SISTERS she played an evening of 3 of the best (i'll confirm track listing later and maybe date of broadcast), the version Dan and I have came from the USA by way of a friend of mine
Ah I wondered what taylor was talking about until you mentioned "3 of the best". I got mine from a friend who's not even on the net. 3 songs I assumed to be played from the records and nothing special, hard to tell since it's recorded with the recording level set wrongly so it's horribly distorted and totally useless. I've since taped over it.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>Janice Long never played a session by the SISTERS she played an >evening of 3 of the best (i'll confirm track listing later and maybe date of >broadcast), the version Dan and I have came from the USA by way of a >friend of mine who sent it to me August/September 1987, it wasn't >released in the USA until January 1988. I have never heard of any >promotional material of it before this period, if there is anything i'd like >to see some evidence.

are you sure ? I got a tape with interview with Eldritch with a female speaker that play 3 or 4 songs from Floodland lp that was recorded from Uk programme.

Saw in the Dan list as well. sure The Happening has it as well
check
the-happening

taylor wrote:
are you sure ? I got a tape with interview with Eldritch with a female speaker that play 3 or 4 songs from Floodland lp that was recorded from Uk programme.

Saw in the Dan list as well. sure The Happening has it as well
check
Had a quick check and i cannot find anything that you mention but the Janice Long 3 of the best was Walk Away, Body Electric and Temple of Love.
Spigel

[quote]I've stitched parts of them together to make my own 10 minute version. It's cool.

Bring it on:D
Dan
Overbomber

taylor wrote:Saw in the Dan list as well. sure The Happening has it as well
Ah, you're talking about the Janice Long interview 9.11.87. The music is just from the records from what I remember, nothing special.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>Ah, you're talking about the Janice Long interview 9.11.87. The music is just >from the records from what I remember, nothing special.

yes in depth ! nothing of special ?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

the-happening wrote:
Dark wrote:
the-happening wrote: Korin as I am very lazy and have most of my collection stored away what versions of Torch do you believe to currently exist?

Just the 3.47 and 3.51 versions, info taken from here:

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7453
I've got those versions (as evidenced by my reviewing.. I plead ignorance. I wrote about the College Radio mix after hearing a minute of it and thought there'd be more extra vocals, but apparently not.. I should really change what I wrote about it). But they could just be EQed versions.

I've not heard of any other versions/mixes.
I have a tape with 3 mixes of Torch direct from MR with Mix 4, Mix 6 and Dub Mix 4 which i'll go and dig out and compare.
If you'd do me a copy of the tape, I'd be glad to help compare them.. :innocent:
Hey, it's worth a try..
mh
Above the Chemist

Spigel wrote:
I've stitched parts of them together to make my own 10 minute version. It's cool.

Touched By The Hand Of mh

http://download.yousendit.com/0F8E343A711ED50F
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Big Si
School Bully

mh wrote:
Spigel wrote:
I've stitched parts of them together to make my own 10 minute version. It's cool.

Touched By The Hand Of mh

http://download.yousendit.com/0F8E343A711ED50F
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

mh ya f*ckingpuredancer!
P-Dave I'll stick it on the CD :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Lots of thanks and :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: s etc. to diddley2, Eldorado, Dan, mh & Peter KJ for uploading all this stuff! :D :D :D
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote:mh ya f*ckingpuredancer!
P-Dave I'll stick it on the CD :wink:
Seconded :D

Bloody brillant mh !!!
Immodium for the people
mh
Above the Chemist

Well I'll be first to admit that some of the joins are a little clumsy towards the end of it, but I suppose it's not too bad for a first attempt.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Spigel

mh wrote:Well I'll be first to admit that some of the joins are a little clumsy towards the end of it, but I suppose it's not too bad for a first attempt.

What are ya talking about ? Sure thats a grand job you did there now.
It's grand. :notworthy:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Spigel wrote:
mh wrote:Well I'll be first to admit that some of the joins are a little clumsy towards the end of it, but I suppose it's not too bad for a first attempt.

What are ya talking about ? Sure thats a grand job you did there now.
It's grand. :notworthy:
Yeah I'll ditto that! mh ~ i love you. :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:
Andrew S wrote:Lots of thanks and :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: s etc. to diddley2, Eldorado, Dan, mh & Peter KJ for uploading all this stuff! :D :D :D
Yeah I'll ditto those too please as Andrew has lined them up so nicely for me - thanks Andrew! :wink: :notworthy:
It's amazing how the pieces of my puzzel are coming together. :notworthy: ;D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

to all of the above
Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
vicus

so much corrosion... :eek:
thanks! :notworthy:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
pikkrong
Overbomber

thanks for all! :notworthy:
was there 5 new uploads? did I miss one?
do i drive
or am i driven
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

There was the original version uploaded by Carl, then there were two versions uploaded by Eldorado, mh did a mix of them to make a 10 min version and Peter uploaded the Spiral Tribe mix.

Think that's right.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
robertzombie
Overbomber

the two versions up'd by Eldorado are both on the same track, right?
more-sedatives-pls

correctomundo.

just a few secs apart

For reasons of aesthetics, some extra minutes of ultra secret info have been added to the very end. It goes without sayin' you need top of the line decoders to get to that bit. :|
Immodium for the people
pikkrong
Overbomber

so 4 new tracks added recently?
(sorry for being away and then bothering others with stupid questions :oops: )
do i drive
or am i driven
more-sedatives-pls

5 tracks, 4 uploads

hoping for 3 more tracks though, 'cause this is fabulous! :innocent:
Immodium for the people