Glasgow ABC - 8th May 2006

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
missus scotty
Road Kill

:notworthy: :notworthy: To everybody there last night you all seem to have had a good time, I'm glad I was there. The sound was good it could have been a wee bit louder. The crowd were slow to get into it but got there in the end. The company before during and after was as always top notch, to those who came from near (the other end of Sauchiehall Street) and from afar ( the other side of the border) Hope you all got home safely, does any one know if Mr Ray is ok after the hospitality of rock piggin' steady!!!!! :twisted:
Never tie your shoe lace in a revolving door
James Blast
Banned

Mrs. Snowey wrote:Thanks to all the MacHeartlanders for making us feel verr welcome indeed :notworthy:
it was a sight to gladden the heart seeing you and Mr. S striding doon Sauchiehall St., just happy the doorman didn't scare you away :lol: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:Still....it looks like a fabulous time was had by all! :notworthy:

@ Erudite - I'm glad that this one in your opion was a better one and that feeling of getting what money paid for, paid off! :wink: 8)

:notworthy:
I'm proud of you guys! :wink:
Don't get me wrong, the Melkweg is a nice intimate venue and the crowd
were tops, very chilled out.
There's a lot to be said for civilised European cities!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Erudite wrote:Don't get me wrong, the Melkweg is a nice intimate venue and the crowd were tops, very chilled out.
:lol: Well, they would be! :wink: :innocent:

Glad to hear I gave someone else a nosebleed then, Don. Wouldn't have wanted to do those cheekbones any harm! ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Mish
Road Kill

Still (WMV format)

Still (MP4 format, better sound)

Here's the new song as played at Glasgow, albeit in crappy mobile phone video quality. Mind you, if you can't make out the vocals too well, and you can't see much for the smoke, it's an authentic Sisters experience :D

Good gig though, and hi to the folks I met.

Bryan
aims
Overbomber

Mish, you're a star! Ta muchly :notworthy:
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, great stuff thanks!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the nice and interesting reviews.... :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
James Blast
Banned

Wahoo!
and why didn't you say Hiya! Bryan? :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
Wahoo!
He joined us in Nice and Sleazy, just after you left. And he asked for you, if my memory serves me.

Nice meeting you Bryan :) .
HalfmanII
Road Kill

Red_Kola wrote:
HalfmanII wrote:though I'm still not convinced by Chris Catalyst.
Be convinced. Oh yes. Right now he is the difference!
The first time I got to see The Sisters this tour was in Amsterdam, and
I thought Chris was pretty manic (not that it's a bad thing) but he seemed to be out on a limb compared to Ben and Andrew. I was pretty chilled, and most of the audiance were pretty chilled, and I didn't really want to see too much activity on stage.
I wasn't in a good position to see Chris in Nottingham, but in Glasgow I thought he was fun, and Top Nite Out was great.

So right now I'm undecided and I'll have to wait until the next tour to see them again to make up my mind. No-one but I would lose out if I can't appreciate Chris' contribution to the band though.
Ben I don't mind at all.
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote: Mr Ray was ejected, leaving no-one to prevent half a gallon of Jack Daniels being poured down my back later in the gig
Chris had his glasses off staring out the security, and quite prepared to remove his guitar and use it for non musical purposes judging by the look on his face. After the shows I've seen in the past week, I'm quite prepared to suggest he is the best guitarist The Sisters have ever had. Rock City and the ABC really were about 800% better than the Astoria.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

What a top night, I wish, wish, wish, wish I could have been there-especially for a wee sup in Nice'n'Sleazy (ah the memories)

Let's hope he tours next year................................................................................................................................................................................as if
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Pat
Slight Overbomber

markreed wrote:
boudicca wrote: Mr Ray was ejected, leaving no-one to prevent half a gallon of Jack Daniels being poured down my back later in the gig
Chris had his glasses off staring out the security, and quite prepared to remove his guitar and use it for non musical purposes judging by the look on his face.
I agree totally,I was right in front on Chris and everyone around me thought he was about jump in.Nice guy in my book and a fine guitarist.
Mish
Road Kill

boudicca wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Wahoo!
He joined us in Nice and Sleazy, just after you left. And he asked for you, if my memory serves me.
Indeed! Next time eh, maybe I'll manage to make it to one of these McHeartlanders things (oh, and I did spot someone in the venue wearing a Heartland t-shirt, no idea who it was though!).

Bryan
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Christ, I should've listened to Androo & Eva. I'm kicking myself now, kids. Don't think I'm not. *Sigh* :evil: :cry:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

SINsister wrote:Christ, I should've listened to Androo & Eva. I'm kicking myself now, kids. Don't think I'm not. *Sigh* :evil: :cry:
<stiffles a smile> sorry Tall American Lady, you would have been most welcomed :notworthy:

ye did miss a legendary evening
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

See what happens when you ban smoking. Bouncers are tetchy bastards at the best of times. And that Marge lass is definitely on my team when we're picking sides for British Bulldog. :notworthy:

The pleasure was all mine as always. Sorry we missed the new song guys due to my late arrival, but I was cream crackered. I have no idea how Eva has done this non-stop for two months. :notworthy:

And if Big Si falls asleep on me again, he'll wake up with no eyebrows :lol:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

James Blast wrote:<stiffles a smile> sorry Tall American Lady, you would have been most welcomed :notworthy:

ye did miss a legendary evening

Thanks, man...and I know I did. :evil:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anyanka Vengeance
Road Kill

markreed wrote:
Chris had his glasses off staring out the security, and quite prepared to remove his guitar and use it for non musical purposes judging by the look on his face. quote]

I saw that, he had a look of disgust on his face, I gave a few mouthfuls to one of the female 'bouncers' then shut up just in case. I facking hate Rock Steady Eddies....w@nks
Pissy Road Kill, I don't wanna be road kill...meh!
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mish wrote: Indeed! Next time eh, maybe I'll manage to make it to one of these McHeartlanders things (oh, and I did spot someone in the venue wearing a Heartland t-shirt, no idea who it was though!).
If it were a short-arse with red hair and you could smell the chocolate vodka from 10 paces, that would have been myself. Next time, introduce yerself 8)

Like Mr. Blast has said before, we don't bite :wink: Might snarl a bit, but definitely no biting :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Glasgow was an excellent show. Like Nottingham, but less packed down the front. Took a couple of songs to perk up, so was practically a private gig until JR got asked to leave by testosterone dunderheads. Sound, quality of performance, all far superior to the London show.

Chris is probably the best guitarist I have seen with The Sisters. He reminds me of how I would be if I would probably be if I was in the band and could play guitar. As he says on his website about The Sisters "We're Dead Good and play ROCK music".
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Francis wrote:And if Big Si falls asleep on me again, he'll wake up with no eyebrows :lol:
I'll get that photo up soon... :wink: :twisted:

Fantastic blackmailing opportunity, now I think about it!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:

Glad to hear I gave someone else a nosebleed then, Don. Wouldn't have wanted to do those cheekbones any harm! ;D
Indeed not! They were purchased in many installments from "Above the Chemist." :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Big Si
School Bully

What a great night! :notworthy:
Red_Kola wrote:Hello to everyone I met. Big Si, PM me - I owe you at least a couple of pints so I'll send you something special :wink:
Great to meet you, you looked a bit lost and didn't seem to know anyone, i'm not letting that happening when you're amongst MacHeartlanders! :D
Nazareth wrote:I did see one heartlander, big si, from a distance though, it helps that you are a good foot taller than the average sisters fan!
Must have been that Nike top I was wearing, it stood out a mile as I looked like a complete Ned/Chav! :lol:
Erudite wrote:Great to see Mr Blast again and to meet Big Si (does exactly what it says on the tin, that one).
And it was a pleasure to meet you sir! :notworthy:
boudicca wrote:Mr Ray was ejected, leaving no-one to prevent half a gallon of Jack Daniels being poured down my back later in the gig.
So it was his place in the crowd that I took :eek: :oops: :lol: You don't remember me stood next to you, bearing the brunt of the nutters behind us? Though I do remember you calling me a gentleman for letting you get closer up front. I also let 2 young ladies get in front of me as they weren't too happy with them blokes either!
Mrs Snowey wrote:Big Si: cheers for enabling the (blurred) photographic abuse
Eh? Oh no! What happened? I can't remember a thing after we got into Frankenstein's! :oops:
boudicca wrote:
Francis wrote:And if Big Si falls asleep on me again, he'll wake up with no eyebrows :lol:
I'll get that photo up soon... :wink: :twisted:

Fantastic blackmailing opportunity, now I think about it!
:eek: :oops: :urff:

I got woken up at 8.30am the next morning, in bed, fully clothed still wearing my army boots :lol:

How the f**k did I get home? :eek:

p.s. Roy Keane's testimonial was one huge party, dunno how it looked on the tv.

p.p.s. Just remembered a certain somebody asked Scotty when I was supposed to be turning up in Stavka - I'd been stood in front of her for about 10 minutes :roll: :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis