Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

If we switch it to Friday, Pat can make it. You ken us and venues, we haven't decided yet? :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Aye well, you'd better decide either way pretty soon! :P

Rearrange the following words into a well-known phrase: "brewery"... "p*ss-up"... "organize"... "couldnae"... :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

The (very folkie indeed) Scotia, 7pm. Therr!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:The (very folkie indeed) Scotia, 7pm. Therr!
AYE BUT - which day?

(And where is it?)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

What a fckn sorry bunch you lot are! :P :twisted: :kiss: You need a Dad. I know a few, I could give you their numbers if you like. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

A fine wee drinking hole Herr Blast :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Looks like a nice place to be planning The Trip. I'll just make sure I'll be at Charleroi on time the week after... ;)
James Blast
Banned

Guid Man!
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

eotunun wrote:So the initial meet on friday will be at Anwerp.
I sugest to choose a location for meeting, as there are quite a few train stations there, and it would be helpfull to have details set prior to the day.
Local heroes, please!
A comfy caffe where you can spend a few hours without getting poor or a pain in your butts while waiting for the rest of the invaders would be best, I think?
;D
Let's say central station? That'll be the number one turist spot then as well, and it deserves it :D :notworthy:

As a café either absinthe bar (looks stunning and serves some great stuff!) or the irish pub (cheap whiskys ;D) perhaps? It's always hard to figure out where we end up in advance :lol:

At what time do you guys think to be arriving in 't Stad :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:number one turist spot
:lol: Glad to see the proper spelling has entered the parlance... :notworthy: :wink:
Obviousman wrote:absinthe bar (looks stunning and serves some great stuff!)
Yes! :D
James Blast
Banned

Ahem! we have a rockstar chaffeur picking us up at the airport, must we dally about in train stations with the hoi-poloi? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Ahem! we have a rockstar chaffeur picking us up at the airport, must we dally about in train stations with the hoi-poloi? :lol:
What?! You got yourselves another driver?! :(
christophe
Overbomber

friday meet in Antwerpen? sounds like the start of a plan (set to go wrong :lol: )
I take the day off so if any of you people still need transport I would be happy to take care of it.

c.
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

I think this would be easiest, and then-it was suggested on one of the earlier pages of the thread, if I´m not all stupido..
The important bit was: Central station. Now I know where to book my ride to!
:notworthy:
Here we go!
There is shadow under this red rock
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:Ahem! we have a rockstar chaffeur picking us up at the airport, must we dally about in train stations with the hoi-poloi? :lol:
If you needn't be there, no need :lol: I'll gladly explain the driver of choice where to go to :wink:
eotunun wrote:I think this would be easiest, and then-it was suggested on one of the earlier pages of the thread, if I´m not all stupido..
The important bit was: Central station. Now I know where to book my ride to!
:notworthy:
Here we go!
Tell me when you arrive and a delegation will be ready to pick you up :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote: Tell me when you arrive and a delegation will be ready to pick you up :D
:eek: Wow!
:notworthy: ;D :notworthy:
Some troubles at booking online, but I think it´ll be about 14:30.
That´s so.. so.. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Perhaps we should take into account that the good people of the Mac HL Invasion Force have set different locations to - allegedly - sleep inbetween drinking and shopping bouts. For me, this means that I'll be picking up Brother Blast, Claire and Andrew and then take them to their weekend residence which is, in all cases, somewhere different. Andrew stays with me, so he's the first to settle in, as I live nearest to Charleroi. James will stay at a hotel in Lier, so I'm guessing he'll be up next, as Claire will also be staying at, erm, I forgot, but at least at someone's place in that area, so she'll either get together with that person when we drop James off in Lier, I could drop her off there or they could hook up in Antwerp, whichever works best for them. I'm the driver (if they haven't settled on that rock star instead, that is... :?), I don't mind. Bottom line : we need to get the peeps settled into their respective weekend residences before getting together in Antwerp, methinks. Perhaps it's time to put our heads together on this end as well, even if only by mail...
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 13 Feb 2007, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Very sensible, let's just see to get to a central point after everyone's got to his/her personal place?

I'll be in touch :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

@ Raf (and in the general direction of everyone else) - are people going to the places they're staying first to drop their stuff off in the afternoon, and then regrouping in Antwerp in the evening?

Would it not be easier, when you're picking up the McHeartlanders at Charleroi, for us all to keep the'gether? We could all just dump our stuff and then get back in the Raf-mobile, onwards to Antwerp? I just have visions of us all dotted around Belgium come the evening :lol:
James Blast
Banned

You forget some of us are not as young as the rest and have lived a bad life. I need to get to my base camp, asses the environment then move on to the advanced base camp. ;D
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

Wasn´t it suggested that we shape the bridgehead first and conquer keypos.. that we meet and regroup to make our ways to the individual camps afterwards? I think that´ll be much easier to get the logistics straight..
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:@ Raf (and in the general direction of everyone else) - are people going to the places they're staying first to drop their stuff off in the afternoon, and then regrouping in Antwerp in the evening?

Would it not be easier, when you're picking up the McHeartlanders at Charleroi, for us all to keep the'gether? We could all just dump our stuff and then get back in the Raf-mobile, onwards to Antwerp? I just have visions of us all dotted around Belgium come the evening :lol:
I should have made it a bit more clear that my intention is to have you drop off your stuff but indeed keep you all together until Antwerp. It's not like I'm going to leave everyone behind at their drop points. :P Never intended that. We could do a slightly longer stopover at my place as there's a nifty frietkot (chip shop but not quite to you ;)) within walking distance if you'd like to have a bite after the flight (oh dear, that rhymes :eek:) and some liquids. Either that, or I can cook up something fast like a pasta or something. That's not mandatory, of course. But you'd all still be together when we arrive in Antwerp, which would be about 9 - 9:30'ish (remember you're one hour ahead to UK time, so biologically this is still 8 - 8:30'ish to you) where we'll collectively fall into everyone else's arms... :lol:
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 14 Feb 2007, 00:45, edited 2 times in total.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Wasn´t it suggested that we shape the bridgehead first and conquer keypos.. that we meet and regroup to make our ways to the individual camps afterwards? I think that´ll be much easier to get the logistics straight..
Not very practical methinks, Jürgen. As James, for instance, is checking into a hotel, I think he'd want to do that first, not in the middle of the night. And I don't really see why Andrew should leave his gear in the car when we can easily drop off his stuff at my place first, since it's on the way. When everyone's taken care of their baggage and whatever else, it's easier to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening, I think...
eotunun
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
eotunun wrote:Wasn´t it suggested that we shape the bridgehead first and conquer keypos.. that we meet and regroup to make our ways to the individual camps afterwards? I think that´ll be much easier to get the logistics straight..
Not very practical methinks, Jürgen. As James, for instance, is checking into a hotel, I think he'd want to do that first, not in the middle of the night. And I don't really see why Andrew should leave his gear in the car when we can easily drop off his stuff at my place first, since it's on the way. When everyone's taken care of their baggage and whatever else, it's easier to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening, I think...
Good point.