Photographs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

media tart like me?

Chance! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

SINsister wrote:...but you will, won't you..? :twisted: ;)
He'd better :twisted:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Going up.......!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

More please James 8)

I especially liked that one of Nick Cave you posted a while back.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

the very chappie :D
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That's the one ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

James Blast wrote:the very chappie :D
That's fantastic! :eek: :notworthy: :von:

Damn, he was pretty back then, eh? ;) :twisted:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Soo-perb :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Great photo James.

He looks a bit glaikit, though. :lol:
анархия
James Blast
Banned

well it was taken at Nightmoves, so he was just assuming the position ;D
~ Peter Steele
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James, you really should either a) flog some of those gig shots as posters or, at the very least, b) get them on somewhere like Flickr and make a lot of folks happy!

That Cave one is absolutely top draw!
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:the very chappie :D
Blixa has appeared, in all his shining glory... :innocent: :lol: :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:James, you really should either a) flog some of those gig shots as posters or, at the very least, b) get them on somewhere like Flickr and make a lot of folks happy!

That Cave one is absolutely top draw!
They're poor scans from a cheap machine that had a transparency hood but no 35mm holder, there's far more detail to be brought out in them, those ones were stuck down with magic tape, I'm amazed the turned out so well. When I was in 2nd year at art school a mate and myself used to sell B+W prints of bands we'd seen - UFO, Judas Priest, The Tubes and UK. In total, I think we sold 1 UFO and 3 Judas Priest, so we gave up and did it for fun after that. Eventually I got out of the habit of taking my camera to gigs (Canon A-1, 21st bidet pressie from The Mum and at one time inseparable from me), can't even remember the last band I snapped. Got a feeling it was Simple Minds at Tiffany's and either I was pished, fed up or it went wrong at the processing stage but the results were unusable. The gig I wished I'd photographed and didn't was Tones On Tail at Nightmoves, that woulda been a cracker. :|

thanks for the kind comments peeps, maybe I'll try and get better scans of those already posted and have a good root through The Blast Photographic Archiveâ„¢ to see if there are any other hidden gems :D
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I think we sold 1 UFO and 3 Judas Priest, so we gave up and did it for fun after that.
We have something called "eBay" now...

Could be a nice little earner! :twisted:
анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I know this is blasphemy, but I'm not even a Nick Cave fan, really...

...but...

Yeah. :oops: :von:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I think us Catholics win, well apart from the GSA which was designed by a Protestant, that elevation is still to this day my most very favourite piece of architecture, thankfully I've gotten over my snobbery of having gone to Dundee Art School (a 50s monstrosity) and can now fully adore that wonderful piece of... well what is it.. sculpture, architecture, interior design, 'living space', experience... I dunno, it still overwhelms me?

CRM rocks and don't believe the hype :notworthy:
This just came back to me and it might interest you on a couple of levels, James.

When I was at the art school we actually visited the Apple Macintosh design centre in California (Palo Alto, I think), learning about their design ethic and prototype / production techniques.

As a 'thank you' for having us, the course tutors presented their design team with a book about Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

Do you see what they did there? (The letter K notwithstanding...)
анархия
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

SINsister wrote:I know this is blasphemy, but I'm not even a Nick Cave fan, really...

...but...

Yeah. :oops: :von:
Bah, the man's a legend. :P

Not too keen on the handlebar effect these days, looks like a Goth Redneck. :eek:
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The addition to our Art College

Tomb Entrance at The Met

One of my fav buildings in NYC, the American Radiator building

End of line.
James Blast
Banned

great shots of fantastic architecture :notworthy:

Mackintosh of the CRM variety should have a 'k' Steven, or did I miss the point again?
I did, didn't I. :oops:
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Mackintosh of the CRM variety should have a 'k' Steven, or did I miss the point again?
Nah, just the fact that our wacky tutors thought it would be a tremendous wheeze to give a book about Mackintosh to the folk working at Macintosh.

Crazy, crazy times... :roll: :lol:
анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

James Blast wrote:...maybe I'll try and get better scans of those already posted and have a good root through The Blast Photographic Archiveâ„¢ to see if there are any other hidden gems :D
Please do! ;D :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

SINsister wrote:Please do! ;D :notworthy:
Thankee Wreckless, but I think you've seen my greatest hits (apart from Ash) so here's Kirk - Live 'n' Loud
~ Peter Steele
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Some shots of the new Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. I know, I know it seems like a contradiction in terms to have one but anyhoo.

End of line.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

smiscandlon wrote:
James Blast wrote:Mackintosh of the CRM variety should have a 'k' Steven, or did I miss the point again?
Nah, just the fact that our wacky tutors thought it would be a tremendous wheeze to give a book about Mackintosh to the folk working at Macintosh
GUFFAW! :lol: :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Use Me.......Please"

You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises