March Violets Gig Arrangements/Meet Up.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote::notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: SALVATION :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Indeed indeed.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
James Blast
Banned

I'm just so happy to see these bands on the rise again :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Well I had a great time. Lots of music I've never heard before but well worth the trip. I'm afraid I missed SBA and Salvation altoghether so can't comment, heard all of 25men's set and was impressed despite the dodgy sound. Chris Reed started off slow but really picked up during the set. And MV, not my favourite band but it was a stunning performance - Simon and Rosie work really well together :notworthy: :notworthy:

It was good to catch up on so many people. And thanks to everybody for not noticing (or for being too polite to tell me) that I was wearing odd boots! I honestly didn't notice until the night before in London, by which time it was too late to go back home and change :lol:
James Blast
Banned

You fashion disaster! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Got a copy of the setlist signed by Si and Rosie.

And as I suspect at least one of the partnership has an eye on the forum WHAT AN EXCELLENT GIG!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Review! (in brief)

Few songs to start, nice warm up, sound good, all's well.

Crow baby, 3rd track: This was a cracker, a great tune, delivered nicely. Started dancing. Rosy started playing the crowd by this point.

Then! Fodder, Grooving In Green, Religious as hell. What a chunk of tunes. Everyone's getting into it, Siman looks absolutly awesome (talk about stage presence), Rosy lording it over the auidence, and all done with the energy I had hoped for.

1 2 I love you was a good one for me, as its a personal favourate. I'm really glad they stuck this silly B side in.

Walk into the sun ended the main set, Snakedance ended the show. I don't even need to say it. Both perfect, both high energy, too much fun.

EXCELLENT.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
James Blast
Banned

english is not your first language, right? ;D
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I am SO tired.

I'm still in the running on adrenaline phase, and I don't have the will to actually look through that, I'm afraid of what I might see (half mangeled raving and blatent abuses of the english language).
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Kit Carruthers
Road Kill

Just to reiterate:
James Ray (25 Men) was visceral, chaotic, thunderous and marvellously exhilarating. Outstanding indeed.
If you didn't like it you're a fat goth tart.
In 1959, she watched while he killed a lot of people.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:I'm still in the running on adrenaline phase
Hate to tell you, but that wasn't Rosetta Stone we saw. :lol:

Reminds me, one of the high points was going to get some air/water with Planet Dave (who wanted a smoke) and his walking behind me screaming "Goths! Goths everywhere! Korin, you bastard, you told me this was a techno gig!" and him and I "jamming" Floorshow along to a 25men drumbeat. :lol:
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Here you go, try out these:

03 - Radiant Boys.mp3 (8.45 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CY0JCFS

05 - Slow Drip Lizard.mp3 (6.95 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5QRTT6R9

09 - Grooving In Green.mp3 (9.59 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CXFH53TE

18 - Snake Dance.mp3 (8.29 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G0T3HWN7

Enjoy :D
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the-happening wrote:
scotty wrote::notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: SALVATION :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Indeed indeed.
dammit, where were you? :o :?:

(but yeah, scotty's right ;D)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
reanimate
Road Kill

Kit Carruthers wrote:Just to reiterate:
James Ray (25 Men) was visceral, chaotic, thunderous and marvellously exhilarating. Outstanding indeed.
If you didn't like it you're a fat goth tart.
<JEREMY CLARKSON>

No - you're all wrong!

</JEREMY CLARKSON>

He sucked.

A bit of rev rev low rider / hardwar / Million Dollars wouldn't have killed him.

Cheers,

Simon (AKA 6' 5" 79Kg ex Goth :) )
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

As is by now traditional, it was bloomin marvellous to spend time in the company of a big bad bunch of Heartlanders, particularly the boingy young things Korin and Maisey (is it possible to be that fresh-faced? obviously so 8) ). So had fab night, apart from the music (25Men excepted, they were indeed visceral, despite (or perhaps because) the best tracks nicking the rhythms from Floorshow and Headhunter). Although I only saw them and the Violets, seems like I missed something with Salvation, ah well.

Never been surrounded by so many po-faced Skellingtons though, I suppose the surgeons ought to be congratulated on the effectiveness of their humour-bypass operations. How can you dress up (very accurately) as Jack Sparrow and not be able to laugh about it? Sigh. Anyway, cheers to all, esp Ness :D for always being visible amongst the maelstrom.

Oh and Koen, m*****n accomplished :wink: and then some. Happy Christmas matey.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
the-happening wrote:
Indeed indeed.
dammit, where were you? :o :?:

(but yeah, scotty's right ;D)
I spent most of my time trying to get served at the bar and the rest of the time in the main hall watching a couple of wonderful bands, I had a couple of hotel issues (couldn't find my booking, then informed me that my booking price was wrong as I was only staying one night when the offer price was for min of 2 nights blah blah) got to the gig very late no sooner had I walked in than SALLY were on. I did wander round the venue looking to see if anyone looked like they may be a "Heartlander" but that was limited as the bar queue took way too long and time between bands. I don't know how I didn't get spooted as I followed Mr Rays dress code and wore white!

Anyway here's to the next time, I thoroughly enjoyed SALVATION and the VIOLETS, 25 Men were poor (were the backing band all members of these crimson dreams or just Ian?) although probably not helped by IT failure, did like their visuals.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
mh
Above the Chemist

bananacamel wrote:Here you go, try out these:

03 - Radiant Boys.mp3 (8.45 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CY0JCFS

05 - Slow Drip Lizard.mp3 (6.95 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5QRTT6R9

09 - Grooving In Green.mp3 (9.59 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CXFH53TE

18 - Snake Dance.mp3 (8.29 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G0T3HWN7

Enjoy :D
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Here's some visuals to go with it - a (very) brief clip of Snake Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPXi2hYo0c8

And a better quality download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LV8YXH0N

Bring on the DVD! :D
Last edited by mh on 10 Dec 2007, 12:28, edited 3 times in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

And whilst I remember, thanks to mh for making sure I was okay, and buying me a drink in the Dry Dock. :oops: :)
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

full review later, right now back too sore to sit at pc-it was a great fekin' nite & double bonus of Porcupine Tree the next night....
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:So had fab night, apart from the music
:lol: Your face during the MV was... er, blank.

And remember - you're not allowed an opinion :roll:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:So had fab night, apart from the music
:lol: Your face during the MV was... er, blank.

And remember - you're not allowed an opinion :roll:
:lol: not even perfectly valid ones it seems...they were scaring my children, and they were 10 miles away! ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Electric Shades
Road Kill

Good to meet some of you folks on Saturday... QB introduced me to a few people, but having started drinking @ lunchtime and continuing until the party finished, to say things were a little hazy is an understatement ;D

(I was the old (?!) bloke with long blond hair, a Violets shirt and a glazed expression)

We'll be tagging a load of photos we took of the night with "March Violets" on Facebook (so do a seach), I don't know whether any of the HL mob are on them, since we stumbled randomly around thrusting cameras in peoples faces...

Thanks for helping make the night an enjoyable one...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Electric Shades wrote:Good to meet some of you folks on Saturday... QB introduced me to a few people, but having started drinking @ lunchtime and continuing until the party finished, to say things were a little hazy is an understatement ;D

(I was the old (?!) bloke with long blond hair, a Violets shirt and a glazed expression)

We'll be tagging a load of photos we took of the night with "March Violets" on Facebook (so do a seach), I don't know whether any of the HL mob are on them, since we stumbled randomly around thrusting cameras in peoples faces...

Thanks for helping make the night an enjoyable one...
let me know when they're up there and i'll see what i can do 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Oh and Koen, m*****n accomplished :wink: and then some. Happy Christmas matey.
Wahoooo!!! :D :D :D
Very nice work, Ravey! I can't thank you enough for this :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And from what I've read in this thread I'm really peeved I missed the 25Men gig... I would've enjoyed that very much (among many other things)!
in dub we trust
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Electric Shades wrote:We'll be tagging a load of photos we took of the night with "March Violets" on Facebook (so do a seach), I don't know whether any of the HL mob are on them, since we stumbled randomly around thrusting cameras in peoples faces...
Yes, I was one of them (guy with large beard). I'll check out Facebook to see who else you flashed at :########:
John_r
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote:perhaps because) the best tracks nicking the rhythms from Floorshow and Headhunter).
Agreed, I said at the time I thought I heard strains of Front 242 and possibly Nitzer Ebb in there.

To be honest James Ray got off to such a bad start I thought they'd never recover from it, but there were some good tunes in their set as far as I am concerned.
John_r
Road Kill

Electric Shades wrote: We'll be tagging a load of photos we took of the night with "March Violets" on Facebook (so do a seach)
Is there any way non-members can look for photos on Facebook?