Eureka Machines news

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

This has now passed 500 Pledges but more importantly, Steve Davis (yes, that one) is one of the pledgers...
iesus
Overbomber

Damian wrote:This has now passed 500 Pledges but more importantly, Steve Davis (yes, that one) is one of the pledgers...

Steve Davis, OBE is an English professional snooker player. He has won more professional titles in the sport than any other player, including six World Championships during the 1980s, when he was the...blah blah blah

that one ?? :eek:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:
Damian wrote:This has now passed 500 Pledges but more importantly, Steve Davis (yes, that one) is one of the pledgers...

Steve Davis, OBE is an English professional snooker player. He has won more professional titles in the sport than any other player, including six World Championships during the 1980s, when he was the...blah blah blah

Yes.
Debaser
Overbomber

Damian wrote:
iesus wrote:

Yes.

There can be only one :wink:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

iesus wrote:

Was he not famous for being into jazz rock (whatever that sounds like). Whilst everyone else was listening to FALAA back in the 80s, he was promoting Magma gigs :roll: He's obviously trying to make himself look more, erm, interesting.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
iesus wrote:

Was he not famous for being into jazz rock (whatever that sounds like). Whilst everyone else was listening to FALAA back in the 80s, he was promoting Magma gigs :roll: He's obviously trying to make himself look more, erm, interesting.
He's a massive prog fan, and record collector as a whole. He presents a weekly radio show with Kavus Torabi of Cardiacs.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Damian wrote: Steve Davis
He's a massive prog fan, and record collector as a whole. He presents a weekly radio show with Kavus Torabi of Cardiacs.
So that's the link. SD also comes across as a decent guy and this is further evidence.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

One million thanks to odash76.
This fella just posted the Full Gig from Darlington:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PvWkPMYLo
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Pista
Cureboi

New (old) song. Born Ready on the pledge site now.
& it's jolly good too ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Download it some hour ago and hear it 3-4 times ;D
Like it a lot :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:Download it some hour ago and hear it 3-4 times ;D
Like it a lot :D
Cool innit...

100 days to go on the Pledge and about to hit 300%. Ace.
Pista
Cureboi

New video/ track is on youchoob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCiKBF8iWE

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Date for your diaries

https://www.facebook.com/events/451449614921707/
Eureka Machines are launching their new album ‘Remain In Hope’ online on THURSDAY 21st FEBRUARY at 7pm (GMT).

This event is so you can stick it in your diaries and don't go down the pub instead by accident.

Join in the online listening party on facebook/twitter/pledgemusic on Thursday evening. Oh, and bring plenty biscuits ;)
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Yep. If you haven't pledged yet and do so now, you'll get:

- The album to download this Thursday (21st Feb) at 7pm
- A full acoustic album to download right now
- Two tracks that were going to be on the last album but weren't finished in time (again there to download right now)
- A numbered CD in a special slipcase (which you won't get with the retail edition). The number is a raffle ticket too - every day in March one will be drawn at random and the prizes are worth having
- A load more tracks in the near future... the ones that were bought by pledgers who asked for a full band or acoustic song of their own description
- All the video stuff they've been putting up on the PledgeMusic site

Oh, and...

- The CD being despatched to you next week... and who knows what else might be in the package...

All this, I reckon, is enough to make it worth getting it over the 1000 pledge mark... currently standing at 988 with 11 days to go. After that you can buy the standard CD in May, although there won't be all the above bonuses...
Pista
Cureboi

Tonight's the night!

Weeeeeeeeee :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:Tonight's the night!

Weeeeeeeeee :D
Exactly .... ;D ... one more hour ...

ImageImageImage
Pista
Cureboi

2 actually :wink:

7pm GMT = 8pm in real money :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Excellent job :D
Gratz Eureka ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

iesus wrote:Excellent job :D
Gratz Eureka ;D
Fully seceonded! This is for sure their best album so far ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

And with a great job also done in the studio! Way more mucic, way less noise ... :lol: ... ;D :notworthy: ...

Now looking forward to the CD to arrive ... ;D ;D ;D ...

* There's a lot more to say about this amazing release, but hell ... I'm too impressed yet, to formulate ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Eureka Machines are touring this month, accordingly there's a long interview of Chris with Ueberrock here ... including a few short references to The Sisters ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh thanks for the reminder, I meant to read the Ãœberrock thing when Chris tweeted it.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Nice! Always a pleasure to read. Would have caught them in Newcastle with our lass but I can't get the Friday off work now.

Something tells me I'd NEED it.

:lol:
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

The tour's ongoing (including London gig on Saturday 22nd Match at the Borderline), and Eureka Machines just won three out of the four gongs that they were up for in the recent Pure Rawk Awards:

http://www.purerawk.com/2014/03/pure-ra ... announced/

They're doing a fourth album too.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Damian wrote:The tour's ongoing (including London gig on Saturday 22nd Match at the Borderline), and Eureka Machines just won three out of the four gongs that they were up for in the recent Pure Rawk Awards:

http://www.purerawk.com/2014/03/pure-ra ... announced/

They're doing a fourth album too.
Congratulations on the gongs! Ooh goody, 4th album!

I would post another of my "I saw Chris around doing X, Y, Z" but he's going to start thinking I'm stalking him, so I won't.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

too late Mark

yes, congrats to Eureka Machine and Chris for Frontperson of the Year. looking forward to see EM near my town. good to see that at least some members of TSOM have will and other things to write, record and release albums.