2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:Image

It's what happened when Right Said Fred turned into Right Said Meth
My first thought was, "Should I superimpose my head on this photo in place of Paul's?" :lol:
It is kinda romantic in an upsetting way, innit? *LOL*
DasPerltAber

abridged wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote: Are you implying there was any drink or drugs involved here?
I for one was, and stayed, sober as f**k......*cough* ;-)
Ah I can confirm that you didn't have a drink in your hand at all up at the front Wednesday night! Neither did the completely sober Irish guy beside you of course! :wink: :innocent:
I have got a slight clue as to just who YOU might be, sir! ;-)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

DasPerltAber wrote:
abridged wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote: I for one was, and stayed, sober as f**k......*cough* ;-)
Ah I can confirm that you didn't have a drink in your hand at all up at the front Wednesday night! Neither did the completely sober Irish guy beside you of course! :wink: :innocent:
I have got a slight clue as to just who YOU might be, sir! ;-)
Ah there was a lot of smoke and lights! Twas nice to meet you! :D
The Chancer Corporation
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

Tim Sinister failed *utterly* in his duty to introduce a visitor to Leeds to anyone.

I was the girl with pawprints up her arm and a lot of cleavage with a sticker on it. Probably looking slightly lost a lot of the time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Boy meets boy full stop :kiss: We zen gewoon chaloes da ist .......
- since 1992 -
Andie
Overbomber

Yuitsu wrote:Tim Sinister failed *utterly* in his duty to introduce a visitor to Leeds to anyone.

I was the girl with pawprints up her arm and a lot of cleavage with a sticker on it. Probably looking slightly lost a lot of the time.
Hey...I remember seeing your paw-prints :eek: :wink: ;D
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

Andie wrote:
Yuitsu wrote:Tim Sinister failed *utterly* in his duty to introduce a visitor to Leeds to anyone.

*waves*

I figured the train of thought for most looking at me would be "Hey look at her arm" closely followed by "Holy hell bewbs" and then "Is that a sticker?"...

I met some bloke called Phil, who got one of my little cards with my contact info on. (I thought I'd meet loads of people, and I usually forget, so I made cards.) I think he got promptly bollocked by his mate because he was married.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
Andie
Overbomber

Yuitsu wrote:
Andie wrote:

*waves*

I figured the train of thought for most looking at me would be "Hey look at her arm" closely followed by "Holy hell bewbs" and then "Is that a sticker?"...

I met some bloke called Phil, who got one of my little cards with my contact info on. (I thought I'd meet loads of people, and I usually forget, so I made cards.) I think he got promptly bollocked by his mate because he was married.
I would have said hello, but I didn't realise that you posted here too. Next time maybe, and I'll introduce to my wife first :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

I utterly forgot about HL after the London 2009 gigs, and only remembered while in Leeds when Tim (who I've known from elsewhere for far too long without meeting prior!) was wandering around with stickers and I demanded one :D

Top tip: Do not apply stickers to naked skin.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robm wrote:
jande wrote:the feeling I got at the gigs was that it was no longer :von: and 'hired hands' but a well-oiled functioning machine of a band (an industrial groove one at that)
When :von: bounded onstage through the smoke on Thursday, I had that same thought.

Which I promptly forgot what with all the enjoying the gig.
I noticed that they all come on stage together now. First few times I saw the current line-up Chris & Ben came out first, leaving Andrew to make a grand entrance and get his own cheers/applause
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Andie wrote:

And I remember seeing your pawprints and cleavage ! You were talking to my girlfriend on the thursday night on the black sofa's in the foyer.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

ribbons69 wrote:
Andie wrote:

And I remember seeing your pawprints and cleavage ! You were talking to my girlfriend on the thursday night on the black sofa's in the foyer.

Aaaaah :) Girly in the sisters hoodie! I know who you mean :) I saw her trying to go to sleep later on, did she succeed? :lol:
darkparticle

There are some seriously scary photo's from The Dry Dock...
:lol: Less so as I was on the other side of the lens

weebs wore the winners shirt Hom C great meeting you but as I said, dissapointed not to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvElQlGgPcs
:notworthy:

Especially for Madame B there's a photo I took in Leeds Ctr. (last page of the flickr set I posted).
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Andie
Overbomber

darkparticle wrote:
andie wrote:There are some seriously scary photo's from The Dry Dock...

weebs wore the winners shirt Hom C great meeting you but as I said, dissapointed not to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvElQlGgPcs
:notworthy:

Especially for Madame B there's a photo I took in Leeds Ctr. (last page of the flickr set I posted).
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

darkparticle wrote:
There are some seriously scary photo's from The Dry Dock...
Oh god so many comments I could make here. Argh.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

unrelated but Yuitsu I would love to see your tat..contemplating cat related tat myself
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

well in home since the crazy trip to Leeds(almost 12 hours to get there, and almost 12 hours to come back)

wel both gigs were superbs in my opinion, I think the first one was better...I don´t know why.... mayby to hear MORE which didn´t expect it at all helped.....I don´t know ,altought KISS in the second night was a corker too.....
only that after 12 hours to trip,without sllep last night and a lot of beers in Dry cock, this night was quite hard for me.....I was so tired and drunk that I MUST THANK TO ZENO FOR GO TO THE HOTEL WHIT ME....IF IT WEREN´T FROM HIM I COULD HAVE BEENN LOOKING FOR THE HOTEL FOR A FEW HOURS..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

second night was better because i sleep alot of hours,so tiring disapear...

I normally complain about that the sisters gigs are quite low(in volumen) but this time I found those gigs whit a great volumen level.....
only complain for me was feddback(it can be 2 or 3 per gig but more....)
well anyway I enjoyed a lot, meet new people and see the usual suspect that I saw in all the sisters gig that I atended....
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
robm
Amphetamine Filth

unholyracket wrote:I am also trying to purge the memory of the NEC in 92.
I may have misexcommunicated here.

NEC 92 was my first Sisters gig and I liked it. I'll defer to anyone who saw them earlier, but it was my benchmark up to now. :innocent:
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:
C'mon admit it, that picture is soooo pre arranged. You are even sporting the same hairstyle! ;D :wink:

On another note: I was perfectly happy with the volume, and also happy afterwards that my ears were not bleeding ;)
lachert
Overbomber

first night's volume was maybe not acoustic one, but not rock'n'roll concert either, so i rather stay and check out what's going on the stage.
second night's volume was so-so proper, so legs start to dancing themselfs and banana appeard on the face ;D
long live rock'n'roll
Andie
Overbomber

dtsom wrote:a lot of beers in Dry cock, this night was quite hard for me.....
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Glad you're home safe...sounds like a monster trip...but worth every minute :D :lol:
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

The words Tim Sinister and faield in the same sentence who would have thought

:D

Seriously thought think Mr Sinister did a good job with the name stickers much better than I would have done

Would have like to introduce myself to more heartlander however therewere so many of you and I get quite nervous
Just one of the pesky kids
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

Andie wrote:
dtsom wrote:a lot of beers in Dry cock, this night was quite hard for me.....
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Glad you're home safe...sounds like a monster trip...but worth every minute :D :lol:
We will go some mammoth distances..

I did a 550 mile round trip over 2 days. In retrospect, I should probably have extended it and come up on the Wednesday and gone home Saturday.
Although, that, of course, means a whole bunch more time for me to get into trouble. I've gotten myself into enough with the time I was there already... :innocent:
nigel d

My tuppence worth then......
Wednesday was the night for me.. Much anticipation on th strain from Cumbria...hello to the two lovely people I met on the train from Carlisle , they even came and said hello later at the gig, which was very nice. And again to say ta ta at the end. Enjoyed my cake and postcards. Bought another t shirt . saw mr fiend briefly.
Sound was good lights better than the last couple of gigs I've been to, as ever it was over Far too soon but every moment enjoyed. Eldo seemed happy and the mix was good.
Anticipation well sated.
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

NickW wrote:
The words Tim Sinister and faield in the same sentence who would have thought

:D

Seriously thought think Mr Sinister did a good job with the name stickers much better than I would have done

Would have like to introduce myself to more heartlander however therewere so many of you and I get quite nervous
I am actually quite shy without the aid of a few vodkas so I can sympathise with you! People tend to get the shock of their lives when they meet me and I'm really quiet as I...survey the surroundings, as it were. Once a few drinks have gone down me, then I'm a terror.