3 May 2006 -Leeds University

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Glad to hear this was a return to form & that you guys had a stonking time 8)
lachert
Overbomber

hell on earth :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

lachert wrote:Image
:lol:
It's from the "sunset yellow" line in Summer if you didn't guess.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Great night!!!!

Set-list was pretty obvious but who cares. Sounded amazing (though I don't really like how Romeo Down sounds on this tour) & as mentioned previously the boys really really seemed on top form. :notworthy:

The slam-pit was particularly 'slammy' last night but I can't complain as I was in it for 90% of the gig. Those big bearded tatooed guys bust my lip though & I've got some lovely colourful bruises. :roll:

Nice to see everyone (etc etc) & new people I'd never met before.
(& nice to see someone again that I met at Joseph's Well last year. I remember that your mum worked with/for Adam Pearson. If your reading this pleeeeeeeeeez register & PM me :wink: )

@ Planet Dave, dude, your a legend. You seemed aboard a spaceship searching a new planet to inhabit during most of the gig mate. In between trying to hold you up at various points you told me you had no control over any part of your body! :lol: :notworthy:

Nothing can quite match the experience, I just hope it happens again.

Al.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Heheheh. Pleasure as always Alister, cheers for providing the physical means of support :lol: :notworthy: . I'll post later when typing isn't such a mystifying experience.

:notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Greetings to one and-all whom I met (at last) last night.

Planet Dave :notworthy: and :lol:

Delilah - your love is my love.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nice one Mark / Norm / Grant :lol: , at last indeed. Fcukin pleasure mate. Thanks. :D :notworthy:

To everyone I met last night (there were a hell of a lot of you), cheers for another storming night in the banana republic. I love you all. Still :twisted:

Weebleswobble - :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: , welcome to the madhouse :twisted: You fit right in. :P

The James - sorry Rich but the image of you holding a kid in one hand, a nappy in the other, and a puzzled expression, is glorious and I can't shift it. Good to see you three.

MacHeartlanders - a bunch of us need to head up to the frozen wastes next time you have a do. Great to see you all in fine fettle, a return visit is the least we can do.

Can anyone remember a single thing about the gig? Other than it didn't hold my attention very long. Nice pit though, as ever.

Keep yer recollections rolling in folks, then I can piece it all together. :innocent:

:kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: to you all.

Garage party went on til 4.30ish, by which time sight had long since become a thing of the past, and Ania was snoozing like a baby :wink: :kiss:

As they all melted away this morning, Lee had half an exhaust and Steve & Pindy were driving a car featuring 'a most interesting perfume'. Don't look at me, I just invite them all. Then it all goes terribly wrong, yet so so right.

Enjoy the rest of the gigs everyone who's off. Wish I could make Glasgow, but no chance unfortunately.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dan
Overbomber

Good mornin'. I just woke up. :D
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Dan wrote:Good mornin'. I just woke up. :D
Fcuk me - I've been at work since 07:00 :eek:

Will PM you Planet Dave sometime soon...
hermann
Road Kill

Just a quick hi to all those I met down the front last night. Storming gig. As one of the big bearded tattooed blokes, don't worry I didn't walk out of the venue unscathed, lots of interesing ugis this morning and very sore ribs.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Had a great time. Great to see Mr Blast again, even though he shouted at me for not posting as much anymore!! :eek:

:lol: to Boudicca for telling me I'd out pony tailed her!

A huge :kiss: to Mrs Fiend, who truly rocks xx

Oh and Mr Dave, when you go to kiss me full on the lips again, please refrain from licking your lips first!! :urff: :lol: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: to Francis too for managing to loose his glasses. It shouldn't be funny, but it really was. When you said, "Hold me up Di I can't see a thing", I laughed because I though you meant you were trousered! Soz and all that :oops: :lol: .

Great night. Even though I was on the coke (drink-before someone utterly hilarious uses a drug reference) all night. I'm getting used to being sober and I'm totally ok with it now. THAT SCARES ME!
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Mrs RicheyJames wrote: Oh and Mr Dave, when you go to kiss me full on the lips again, please refrain from licking your lips first!! :urff: :lol: .
:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :innocent:

Hey Di, I'm only human. :lol: :kiss: (on the cheek)

So what's the general opinion of the gig itself? Am I alone in thinking it was lacklustre, and indicative of a band in its last throws? I hope I'm wrong.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

lachert wrote:Image

I like Cal and his dog Napalm
I like Ike and his itty-bitty A-bomb
James Blast
Banned

I'm in too much of an emotional state to make a coherent post just now, so I'll just say that was my most very favourite day EVER!
You people are the best in the world, I thank you :notworthy: X 100,000,000

Never Land (a fragment)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I thought the gig itself was great Dave.

You sure you're head wasn't somewhere else?
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:I thought the gig itself was great Dave.

You sure you're head wasn't somewhere else?
I'm sure it was, but then it was at JW last year, and that was still an awesome gig. Last night just felt flat, very 'going through the motions', and a bit tired and dreary to me.

I'll still be there next time, but you lot are a far greater pull than the gigs themselves these days.
Low Violet
Road Kill

Aye, great gig and thanks for telling me it was Romeo Down after Anaconda. That has been bugging me all night. Glad to see the back of my head in nearly all the photos as well :lol:
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I came,I saw ,it rocked.A more in depth ,biased review will follow shortly. :wink:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Just got back to sunny Brighton.

Gig was fantastic (much better sound than the London gig).

Great to meet everyone again, but special mentions to Planet Dave (great hospitality, great garage, great smoke machine :notworthy: ), Claire (awful singing and guitar playing at 3am, followed by her first ever hangover :lol: ), Lee ('No Sleep Till Rutland' :eek: ), James 'George Michael' Blast, Scotty (who's never seen Ghostdance play live), Mrs Scotty & Derek R (good to see all you McHeartlanders again!), Barry & Jo (as always), Ania (still completely on a different planet), Zuma & Kat (hello again!), Dan, WeeblesWobble, metalorange, Steve & Pindy (good to meet you lot for the first time) and everyone else who I spoke to or waved at at some point on Wednesday.
James Blast
Banned

People, it was fantastic!
The fact that The Sisters were playing later that night was just the icing.
We were in the Drydock where service was friendly and prices were keen, nice pub with a retractable roof so we could enjoy the suns rays. We could have sat outside but Hey! Goths don't do that. :lol:
At this point there were just:
Zuma
Cat
scotty
Missus scotty
Pat
boudicca
Delilah
and yours truly.
It was the start of one huge party!
Slowly they dribbled in, in ones, twos and threes, to swell the ranks of the lost, the lonesome, the lunatic - in no particular order:
Jansenclone
DerekR
Lazarus Corporation
The Boss
Mrs. The Boss
The Fiends
The James' all three of them :lol:
Andrew S
Eva + friend who's name I forget :oops:
weebleswobble
metalorange
about this time the represenatatives from Planet Dave landed and things went up a notch!
Hom_Corleone
Sunsonic
eastmidswizzkid

Then the tail end Charlies completed the scene
The Grippers
Cell Three
Culprit
Electrochrome
Dan
and making a dramatic, yet fashonably late entrance, the one and only Francis.

Top Day Out!

oh the band were pretty damn kickin' aswell Image
did I mention that they played Never Land (less of a fragment) and that I love the new guitar parts on Dr. Jeep?

I'm sure I've missed out a swathe of top people whom I didn't get to meet or who's names escape me, please forgive
Last edited by James Blast on 04 May 2006, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Indeed, top nite out all round and so good to catch up with everyone :notworthy:

The gig was one of the best I've managed to see so far
and Cat loved it (first show for her).

As mentioned above, even if it were not the best ever gig
the people make it really into an evening to remember.

Spare a thought for Keith and Mags who may be about home by now :notworthy:
scotty
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote: Scotty (who's never seen Ghostdance play live)
Thank's Paul :twisted: , for the seventy two squillion times you and weebleswobbles (ya fuckin' metal mad weegie hiedbanger :notworthy: :kiss: ) reminded me, it still hurts :( :lol: .

Here's my in depth review of last nights events........

It was Fuckin' Brilliant :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Corinthian
Road Kill

A few pics of Leeds, great gig, much better than London, could hear the vocals this time - never made it to the pub - am always lost & late driving around Leeds

Corinthian

You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime
DerekR
Doobie Brother

OK it's hands up time...

Mr Blast I must apologize for finding myself seperated from your Irvine Welsh book which you so kindly thought to bring along for me. I think I left it on a shelf under the table in that wee pub we found ourselves in. A replacement is on it's way from Amazon. I'll get it to ye as soon as I've read it :oops:
James Blast
Banned

DerekR wrote:OK it's hands up time...

Mr Blast I must apologize for finding myself seperated from your Irvine Welsh book which you so kindly thought to bring along for me. I think I left it on a shelf under the table in that wee pub we found ourselves in. A replacement is on it's way from Amazon. I'll get it to ye as soon as I've read it :oops:
I kinda thoat it would go adrift in your mits :| it's understandable after the day yistirday was.
I really don't need a replacement Derek, I won't read it again.
It wiz fur yew. Ne'er mind, s**t happens Dude and I wouldn't be here if it wisnae fur yew :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele