"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Mish
Road Kill

Snubnose (Top Nite Out)

Hi all, I've been fiddling about with the mix for this for a while and I'm not totally happy with it (the main guitar sounds quite fizzy, definitely not the sound I was aiming for) but here it is anyway. Hope you like it!

Iz, PM coming your way with a link for an uncompressed 24 bit, 48kHz version.

Bryan
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Hi Bryan!
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mish wrote:Snubnose (Top Nite Out)

Hi all, I've been fiddling about with the mix for this for a while and I'm not totally happy with it (the main guitar sounds quite fizzy, definitely not the sound I was aiming for) but here it is anyway. Hope you like it!
Very nice work Bryan. Needs a siren / alarm for the intro though. :innocent:
анархия
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

smiscandlon wrote:

Can be provided... :twisted:

Now, if you want me to have a stab at the guitars, you can send me the separate WAVs of all tracks ('s gonna be a hell of a file, but they invented YouSendIt for that) or the geetar bounces only... I have the Guitar Rig plugin, it does WONDERS for a geetar! :)

Apart from that, it sounds ace! :notworthy:

That's three songs in the pipeline... I will also take on Ahrayeph's "Summer" somewhere next week... Have been a bit busy this week...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I'd definitely keep that clean guitar sound ringing in the back. Sounds eerie. I Like that. The rest of the guitars sound a bit dry, but I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. I also like the way you kept the rhythm guitar in the middle and put the leads in stereo. If you want to process them differently, I'm also more than happy to send them through my Line POD XT Pro (which now also works as a plugin in Cubase, definitely handy, that). The mix may be a bit wobbly here and there but it's a very nice track, Mish!
FMAMMY
Road Kill

yeah, sitting here headbangin to Snubnose! great work!
and Summer....wow, i just love it!!!!!!!!!

I let our guitarist/engineer/producer in on my little Slept-project and asked him if he wanted to record me playing bass, guitar and doing some singing but he got so excited he wanted to give the bass and guitar a try by himself so I got him some live-versions of Slept and the drumtrack i've programmed. So know i'll let him get into the song for some days and see what he might do with it. :)

if everything works out the way I want to i'll be recording vocals in 2-4 weeks. i'll keep ya updated!
Izzy HaveMercy

FMAMMY wrote:yeah, sitting here headbangin to Snubnose! great work!
and Summer....wow, i just love it!!!!!!!!!

I let our guitarist/engineer/producer in on my little Slept-project and asked him if he wanted to record me playing bass, guitar and doing some singing but he got so excited he wanted to give the bass and guitar a try by himself so I got him some live-versions of Slept and the drumtrack i've programmed. So know i'll let him get into the song for some days and see what he might do with it. :)

if everything works out the way I want to i'll be recording vocals in 2-4 weeks. i'll keep ya updated!
Cool! ;D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

Stormin' work Mish!, that'll get ya a crate of beer :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mish
Road Kill

Karst wrote:Hi Bryan!
Hey Karst, how's it going? :)
Mish
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:

Can be provided... :twisted:

Now, if you want me to have a stab at the guitars, you can send me the separate WAVs of all tracks ('s gonna be a hell of a file, but they invented YouSendIt for that) or the geetar bounces only... I have the Guitar Rig plugin, it does WONDERS for a geetar! :)

Apart from that, it sounds ace! :notworthy:

That's three songs in the pipeline... I will also take on Ahrayeph's "Summer" somewhere next week... Have been a bit busy this week...

IZ.
Actually I wanted a siren sound, but failed to find a good one! Tommorow I might do a mix with the guitars turned off and export the guitar tracks as seperate waves, if people want to mess around with it. I think my main problem is I didn't crank the amp loud enough when recording, so the guitar tracks are a bit lacking in high frequencies and it seemed harder to get them to sit nice in the mix.

Bryan
Izzy HaveMercy

Mish wrote:Actually I wanted a siren sound, but failed to find a good one!

Maybe take a sample from the original, somewhere from a good Live source ;)

Mish also wrote: Tommorow I might do a mix with the guitars turned off and export the guitar tracks as seperate waves, if people want to mess around with it.
That'd be nice! ;D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

nature should not be tampered with, let it lie Bry ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

smiscandlon wrote:

http://www.galls.com/techsupport.html#siren

:D

Very very nice work indeed! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

I have heard everybodies creative output, except them on MonkeySpunkLoad and VapidShare, can you do an alternative, please?

Feck Me! even Slept (my most ho-hum Sisters tune) sounds Boss! :D
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:I have heard everybodies creative output, except them on MonkeySpunkLoad and VapidShare, can you do an alternative, please?
That's a valid point - neither work for some people, and using them may well deny the participants from receiving some useful input or feedback.

Can we all agree on a single host that's confirmed to work well for everyone? Something like YouSendIt maybe?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Revr'nd Image
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

aims
Overbomber

Working fine so far...
aims
Overbomber

Alles klar.
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:Revr'nd Image
Seconded by me... YouSendIt is one of the most stable thingies there is...

IZ.
mcalldp
Road Kill

THis topic should be sticky, always having to scroll down looking for updates on it. So, are we getting close? Seems like many grat versions of the songs are coming together now.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I second that motion.
mh
Above the Chemist

mcalldp wrote:THis topic should be sticky, always having to scroll down looking for updates on it. So, are we getting close? Seems like many grat versions of the songs are coming together now.
We still need a taker for Romeo Down. :(

Come onnnnnn!
James Blast
Banned

... and I really would like to hear a mclldp vox on Ahráyeph's Summer, DonPaul seems to think it's done tho :cry:

I'm up for two Summers now the worlds gone cold. :D
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

I Still have a Nonesuch version of "STILL" that needs vocals...

You up to it DonPaul?

Or someone else?

I'm mastering the Ahrayeph version of "Summer" as we speak, as wel as "Snubnose" by Mish (and adding the siren MH provided :notworthy:)

Results should be up this evening...

IZ.