Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:The important bit was: Central station.
Yes quite. I need to go to Central Station in order to catch the train to Prestwick Airport. :innocent:
eotunun
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
Yes quite. I need to go to Central Station in order to catch the train to Prestwick Airport. :innocent:
Do I hear a faint note of jet set snobism there? :lol:
There is shadow under this red rock
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
Do I hear a faint note of jet set snobism there? :lol:
Not at all. Especially not where Ryanair is concerned. :roll: That reminds me, I need to chase them up as they seem to have mistaken me for a Mr Mustaki who flew from Paris to Dublin 3 weeks ago.
James Blast
Banned

just to reiterate those flight times:
GOING OUT
From Prestwick Glasgow(PIK) to Charleroi Brussels(CRL)
Fri, 23Feb07 Flight FR7924 Depart PIK at 12:00 and arrive CRL at 14:35

COMING BACK
From Charleroi Brussels(CRL) to Prestwick Glasgow(PIK)
Mon, 26Feb07 Flight FR7923 Depart CRL at 11:00 and arrive PIK at 11:35
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

GOING OUT
dead excited

COMING BACK
hungover, tired with a warm snuggly feeling

:wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Andrew S wrote:Not at all. Especially not where Ryanair is concerned. :roll: That reminds me, I need to chase them up as they seem to have mistaken me for a Mr Mustaki who flew from Paris to Dublin 3 weeks ago.
Not mister El Chlachalchla? :lol: :wink:

Raf's plan is ace as far as I'm concerned. Still we'll gladly pick you up, walk about, have some drinks, whatever you feel like until everyone else gets there Jürgen :D (and possible others to come to Antwerp earlier on!)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, get him plastered on 'Bollekes' before we're there; that would take care of the entertainment on Friday night! ;D
James Blast
Banned

someone's gotta say it...

Never Mind the Bollekes! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

:lol: ;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

ARF is more a person to say 'The Duvel made me do it' ;D

And on the logistical site of stuff, indeed remember that Uncle James needs to check in in his hotel first. Normally it is common policy to check in between 1400 and 2000 h, so he'd better check in first before he goes on a binge with you peeps.

Also keep in mind that his Weegie chat will be a challenge for the Hotel Florent Reception Desk as it is, so try to imagine what horror it becomes after a whole night of Bollekes ;D

Better not risk that ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I may not speak Weegie or Jock, but at least I can discern enough of it to translate. All those years of watching Billy Connolly are finally paying off... ;D
eotunun
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Yeah, get him plastered on 'Bollekes' before we're there; that would take care of the entertainment on Friday night! ;D
:eek:
Not again!
:eek:
I´m ill, I´m nae commin.
:innocent:

*joke*
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:Never Mind the Bollekes! ;D
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

My gut feeling already told me the weekend would be stunning, but it points out it's even starting to look sunnier 8) :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Also keep in mind that his Weegie chat will be a challenge for the Hotel Florent Reception Desk as it is, so try to imagine what horror it becomes after a whole night of Bollekes ;D
you remind me of some people in the hotel lobby on a warm august 2005 in Tilburg.
:notworthy:

so maybe we should discuss where we will start the weekend, non can tell where it will end but to have a starting point wouldn’t be bad idea would it? :P
Location… 2 come to mind;
1) Lier, as mr. blast has to show up there in the afternoon, we could stay and find a nice bar over there.
2) Antwerp, hometown of a couple of heartlanders and it has a variety of nice places but rather big and maybe logistical a bit of a challenge?
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

christophe wrote:you remind me of some people in the hotel lobby on a warm august 2005 in Tilburg.
:notworthy:
Oh yes, and that was even without Scottish accents :lol: :lol: :lol:

so maybe we should discuss where we will start the weekend, non can tell where it will end but to have a starting point wouldn’t be bad idea would it? :P
1) Lier, as mr. blast has to show up there in the afternoon, we could stay and find a nice bar over there.
2) Antwerp, hometown of a couple of heartlanders and it has a variety of nice places but rather big and maybe logistical a bit of a challenge?
I'd - obviously - go for Antwerp, especially as we'll be exploring Lier the day after, I'm sure everyone would be able to make that? It'll be fairly early anyhow when everyone arrives so we needn't worry of not getting to our beds in time :wink: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Also keep in mind that his Weegie chat will be a challenge for the Hotel Florent Reception Desk as it is, so try to imagine what horror it becomes after a whole night of Bollekes ;D
They´ll probably call Roswell.. :lol:
christophe wrote:so maybe we should discuss where we will start the weekend, non can tell where it will end but to have a starting point wouldn’t be bad idea would it? :P
A central meeting point would seem best, be it Lier or Antwerp. Lier may be the shortest distance to drive for most of us?
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
I'd - obviously - go for Antwerp, especially as we'll be exploring Lier the day after, I'm sure everyone would be able to make that? It'll be fairly early anyhow when everyone arrives so we needn't worry of not getting to our beds in time :wink: :lol:
I figured we'd explore Antwerp on saturday. not alot to see in Lier but pubs :lol:
but thats just my idea,

wanna bet nothing will happen as planned :P
one of us on saturday 24/2 wrote:where we not suposed to be at some Gig a few hours ago? ...
:innocent:
Another Shade of You.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

A quick search indicated - thanks to the good lad we call Kazamel and his Kagan website that there happens to be a Vampire Party in 'Den Aalmoezenier' in Antwerp on Friday. No self respecting non- goff HL'er would not want to be seen there, right? ;D Friday afternoon and early evening will - as said - entirely be dedicated to picking up the Mac HL Invasion Force and dropping off their kits at their respective HQ's. There was kind of an agreement already to meet up in Antwerp around 9'ish in the eve for a first staff meeting, which will be called "Never Mind The Bollekes, The Duvel Made Me Do It". There we could establish what to do the next day until the time comes to revere Mssrs. IZ and Sam aka FGG. Like finding out what we'll do on Sunday, except nursing giant hangovers... ;D
christophe
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:A quick search indicated - thanks to the good lad we call Kazamel and his Kagan website that there happens to be a Vampire Party in 'Den Aalmoezenier' in Antwerp on Friday. No self respecting non- goff HL'er would not want to be seen there, right? ;D Friday afternoon and early evening will - as said - entirely be dedicated to picking up the Mac HL Invasion Force and dropping off their kits at their respective HQ's. There was kind of an agreement already to meet up in Antwerp around 9'ish in the eve for a first staff meeting, which will be called "Never Mind The Bollekes, The Duvel Made Me Do It". There we could establish what to do the next day until the time comes to revere Mssrs. IZ and Sam aka FGG. Like finding out what we'll do on Sunday, except nursing giant hangovers... ;D
the vampire party :urff: sorry but i don't think alot of people are going to like it besides it is way. overprised
if you want to go to a party I know one in Gent, its free, I know the Dj's (New Wave / gothic rock) and they got booz.. ;D
but I don't think we'll be wanne go standing in a loud roonm filled with crazy dark teens ? do we?
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Nah, I'd rather see the lot of us getting drunk in some bar than at some lousy party :lol:

The best thing about Antwerp for me would that I needn't worry how to get home :lol: Obviously there can be decided otherwise :wink:

Above all we must be sure not to finish all of Lier's alcohol stock before Saturday! ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Above all we must be sure not to finish all of Lier's alcohol stock before Saturday! ;D
true.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

Okay-There is chaos unfolding about who goes where, who is where and anyboy isn´t.
I´ll try to get the stuff sorted.

Phantastic RAF will get Andrew S, Friar Blast! and Claire from Charleroi. Andrew stays at RAF´s, Friar blast at a Lier hotel.
Claire and I are booked for Christophe Towers, Zoersel.
Jenzy Benzy may still need a bed, but isn´t certain yet.
Who else will come from further away and needs a place to sleep? Ozpat? What about you?

then confirmed Obviousman and Madamme Bunnymum Butterfly+Tour Guider, libby+?(you wrote "we are comming")

Vacant places for sleeping now known to mankind: one couch at Sir Izbert´s. Any other places available if HLers from a different galaxy will want to come?

Unconfirmed ones: Nic, Jenzi-benzi, , 13vision13?.

I´ll Edit this posting until it represents the common plan.
Edit feb.21st
Last edited by eotunun on 21 Feb 2007, 17:26, edited 9 times in total.
James Blast
Banned

Yer all feckin' mad!

You do realise this?
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Yer all feckin' mad!

You do realise this?
;D Yesssir!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:Yer all feckin' mad!

You do realise this?
Don't you love that ;D