Eureka Machines news

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Damian wrote:The tour's ongoing (including London gig on Saturday 22nd Match at the Borderline), and Eureka Machines just won three out of the four gongs that they were up for in the recent Pure Rawk Awards:

http://www.purerawk.com/2014/03/pure-ra ... announced/

They're doing a fourth album too.
Hey, cool ... ;D ... Congrats! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ..
iesus
Overbomber

They deserved the awards at those categories they were in.
Congratz to Eureka and Chris :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Another recent interview with Chris at The Midlands Rocks...

* thanks for the link to vicus@poison-door.net ... :notworthy: ...
vince
Road Kill

Anyone else from here going to the Borderline gig?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Chris was support to March Violets last night. Cracking set apparently
Goths have feelings too
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:Chris was support to March Violets last night. Cracking set apparently
Indeed it was
Just one of the pesky kids
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

What covers did he play this time ?
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

(Can anyone else see Chris on fb? I saw his post that he would not be available for a while... but now he seems to have disappeared from fb as if he had deleted his account)
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Joy wrote:(Can anyone else see Chris on fb? I saw his post that he would not be available for a while... but now he seems to have disappeared from fb as if he had deleted his account)
http://new.spring.me/#!/user/chrisalyst ... /responses ... copy full link into browser and scroll ... :wink: ...
crysalist wrote:Thanks. I'm fine, really, the inability to write at the moment is a
minor blip in the grand scheme of things. Needed a bit of an
Internet break. It's good for you from time to time. Sure I'll be
back on FB in a bit.
Joy

Being645 wrote: http://new.spring.me/#!/user/chrisalyst ... /responses ... copy full link into browser and scroll ... :wink: ...
crysalist wrote:Thanks. I'm fine, really, the inability to write at the moment is a
minor blip in the grand scheme of things. Needed a bit of an
Internet break. It's good for you from time to time. Sure I'll be
back on FB in a bit.
Thank you! :notworthy:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

OMG, I just note I wrote "crysalist" :eek: :lol: ... that's heavy stuff ... :oops: ... it is of course "chrisalyst" ... :innocent:
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

If I was to listen to Eureka Machines where would be a good starting point?

Been a fan of Chris's other band Scaramanga Six before I discovered the Sisters so want to see what these guys are like.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Well, first of all it might be entertaining and fun to check out the video part of their website ... :lol: ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks to the link from poison-door.net, here's a new interview with Chris
on the occasion of the appearance of Eureka Machines @Sonisphere this year ... :D ...

http://www.cackblabbath.com/2014/06/03/ ... -machines/
Pista
Cureboi

Plus, the diamond-encrusted Jacuzzi from which I write this won’t pay for itself.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

LEEDS, UNITED KINGDOM - JULY 29: Chris Catalyst performs on stage at The Wardrobe on July 29, 2014

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

The Wardrobe eh ? Last band I saw play there was The Cure (I'll get my coat).
Great review of the gig here http://louderthanwar.com/andrew-wk-the- ... ve-review/
Must have been weird for CC to be supporting a guy called Andrew singing over a backing track.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

News of the new EM Pledge project plus lots of other interesting stuff in an entertaining interview with CC from the excellent Midlands Rocks website :
http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/intervi ... achines-2/
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I guess I'm the only one on here who doesn't particularly like EM. Each to their own.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Norman Hunter wrote:I guess I'm the only one on here who doesn't particularly like EM. Each to their own.
For sure not the only one. EM differ very much from The Sisters of Mercy ... :wink: :kiss: ...

Anyway, their new pledge campaign starts right now ... that is THURSDAY 13th November at 7pm. ...

and for anyone who might like to join, the link to the upcoming 4th Eureka Machines album is http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/em4 ...

*does not seem to work at the moment, but should do so later ...

EDIT:
... and indeed, 't does now ... ;D ...
iesus
Overbomber

There is the option to buy the cover of any song you like... :twisted:
What about if someone buys the cover of "Far Parade" from Sisters?? Are they gonna record it ? :innocent:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sultan2075
Overbomber

iesus wrote:There is the option to buy the cover of any song you like... :twisted:
What about if someone buys the cover of "Far Parade" from Sisters?? Are they gonna record it ? :innocent:
You're a funny man.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
vince
Road Kill

I went to see them in Camden on Friday. Very much enjoyed the gig and Chris was in fine form.

Some idiot in front of me threw a plastic glass towards him and then stood up on his two mates shoulders, so which Chris said "What do you think this is, a Sisters of Mercy gig?"
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

I think they have some fantastic songs, champion the underdog is my fav, and chris was up for special chheers when he saw my shirt of the that platte during this years zurich show. The chris should make vocals more aggressive, than it would be even better and fit the music, choir work is awsome i have to admit
love is just a shot away
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for the reviews. Already at over 200% of target. Just shows what you can do when you engage with your fan base and keep prices sensible.