2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
unholyracket
Road Kill

robm wrote:
unholyracket wrote:I am also trying to purge the memory of the NEC in 92.
I may have misexcommunicated here.

NEC 92 was my first Sisters gig and I liked it. I'll defer to anyone who saw them earlier, but it was my benchmark up to now. :innocent:
No, I misread..... It is the pins in my head. They play havoc with my thought process.
unholyracket
Road Kill

unholyracket wrote:
robm wrote:
unholyracket wrote:I am also trying to purge the memory of the NEC in 92.
I may have misexcommunicated here.

NEC 92 was my first Sisters gig and I liked it. I'll defer to anyone who saw them earlier, but it was my benchmark up to now. :innocent:
No, I misread..... It is the pins in my head. They play havoc with my thought process.
I think it was any of the big stadium type venues that I tended to not like, which is probably my thought about the NEC and others like it. I just think that the band suit small, dark, places which contain dry ice well.... like Rock City....
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

600 mile round trip, four hour flight delay (cheers for that, LBA!) and finally home - photos etc to follow: a few quality ones from the dry dock! - but just to say thank you to all for making me (and my +1) feel so welcome - two cracking gigs: roll on next time :)
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The best two gigs I've seen the last 10 years, at least. I want more. :)

First night better than the second IMHO.
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

unholyracket wrote:
unholyracket wrote:
robm wrote: I may have misexcommunicated here.

I think it was any of the big stadium type venues that I tended to not like, which is probably my thought about the NEC and others like it. I just think that the band suit small, dark, places which contain dry ice well.... like Rock City....
I have to agree a little here...

'92 NEC was the last time I saw them, and at the time I thought it was an excellent gig especially as I had managed to get back stage, (acidentally getting lost) meeting MrE having a lengthy convo with him about football, The m*****n, That Guitarist and The Nephilim (of which he said "they took our early sound and did it better although the flour was a bit dodgy") . I then asked him to wear his "Top of The Pops Coat", so imagine my surprise when he appeared out of the smoke singing Comfortably Numb wearing it, I was on a right high!

Those memories stayed with me foe 19yrs odd, and now being that much older, and seeing them in a small venue in Leeds, again being fortunate enough to of had a conversation with MrE, this time about my choice of clothes, I feel that I have finally seen the Sisters as they should be seen, small dingy, smokey and reminiscent of their beginnings, excellent!!
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
San
Road Kill

lachert wrote:Image
30 different tracks ;D second setlist (Simon's one) was stolen from one kind bloke in a little fight. if you are on heartland, hope you still don't mind :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
i thnk that was my hubby you refer to - he doesnt mind - although i do (did) :P
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:600 mile round trip, four hour flight delay (cheers for that, LBA!) and finally home - photos etc to follow: a few quality ones from the dry dock! - but just to say thank you to all for making me (and my +1) feel so welcome - two cracking gigs: roll on next time :)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: You and Chris win the most glittery hair competition! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Holly_DelRey

Going through similar delays as Batty ( & requiring an overnight stay in Toronto), I finally managed to arrive home safe & sound :)
Through all the pain of travelling back (with major lack of sleep) it all seems to be worth it for the two cracking nights with The Sisters on the 16th & 17th :)
I had hoped they would play Rain From Heaven & got my wish on the second night (which I recorded on my camera!) & Neverland! That was a pleasant surprise - I believe my face looked like this -> ;D once they started playing it.
Meeting Chris, Ben(wow) & Simon(thanks muchly for your hat) briefly, it was a pleasure 8)

And I want to thank those Heartlanders I met for making my very first & second Sisters gig experiences two wonderful nights :kiss:
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Twas nice to meet you too! :)
The Chancer Corporation
Dr. Moody

Huge thanks to all the Heartlanders for making a trip to Leeds to remember.
The dry dock was a blast and it was great to meet so many of you at once.

Extra special hello to Quiffy, Mh , Lex 3000 and Hom Corleone you guys are great.

Has our friend from new zealand posted that picture yet ???

Loved both shows, Gift that shines is a new favourite although pipeline I'm not so sure about.

Hope to see you all again soon.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I certainly enjoyed Wednesday more than Thursday but that may have been due to levels of intoxication.

I fell in love with blonde cupcake girl and regards an earlier post, yep Weebs, it was me who left the poster at your house!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
mh
Above the Chemist

Purple Light wrote:I certainly enjoyed Wednesday more than Thursday but that may have been due to levels of intoxication.

I fell in love with blonde cupcake girl and regards an earlier post, yep Weebs, it was me who left the poster at your house!
So did Keef tell you "ye're no' gettin' in ma car wi' that Bon Jovi pish!" or did you just forget it? :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
hellboy69

Purple Light wrote:I certainly enjoyed Wednesday more than Thursday but that may have been due to levels of intoxication.

I enjoyed Weds more than Thurs too...

cos on Weds i was at the Sisters. on Thurs i was on train home to Londontown with brain destroying hangover hehehe)

Purple Light ~ this one's for you (with apologies for camphone quality)...

Thanks again to Weebs and all the Heartlanders. Even with all the boozages i can still remember a bloody top nite out!

;D
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:

So did Keef tell you "ye're no' gettin' in ma car wi' that Bon Jovi pish!" or did you just forget it? :lol:
Nope, just forgot! Though "Bon Jovi pish" is about right. It's not like I'm gonna stick it on the wall like a kid is it so I don't really know why I bought it!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

finally unpacked - back to the real world! :(

Have really enjoyed reading everyones reviews and its great to see the setlists - we were very far to stage right so while we were spoiled with a wall of sound, had missed a few of the onstage goings on :)

bighugethanks to the lovely Weebles (I ammmm the passengerrrr!), Tim Sinister + Natasha, Quiffboy and Welsh tony, Stella, The Beautiful Gerlinde and Hollylicious, Hellboy and everyone else who made it such fun :) Smash really isn't a very good hangover cure as it turns out, despite my best attempts to convinve everyone :/ I want to be part of the tower next time! :)

photos here -
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =574461397

and here -
http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... NIVERSARY/

lots of dry ice, but a few nice ones from the bar/dry dock both nights :) i think they are public, but am basically technologically inept...
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote:

I enjoyed Weds more than Thurs too...

cos on Weds i was at the Sisters. on Thurs i was on train home to Londontown with brain destroying hangover hehehe)

Purple Light ~ this one's for you (with apologies for camphone quality)...

Thanks again to Weebs and all the Heartlanders. Even with all the boozages i can still remember a bloody top nite out!

;D

Thankyou. :notworthy:

My future wife right there. There's a pic of me and her that's becoming my new Facebook pic very soon!
hellboy69

Purple Light ~ nice one, there'll be cupcakes at that thar wedding sir!

Victoria ~ nice pics! what a pleasure it was to meet you and Sir Christopher of Blingtrash, and thanks for all the glitter! :D
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

robm wrote:
bangles wrote:For me, since I started in Wembly 90 - the 2nd night Leeds - best sisters gig ever!
I'm still trying to convince myself it wasn't better than the NEC in 92.

Not as loud, sure...
Ah, the NEC 92! What a gig, what a night! I convinced myself that Leeds wins but then I think of Fix, hearing Comfortably Numb/Stranger for the first time... but.... Kiss the carpet, more... okay - it's a tie!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Silver_Owl
The Don

Dr. Moody wrote:Extra special hello to Quiffy, Mh , Lex 3000 and Hom Corleone you guys are great.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Great to meet you too mate. :P Must do it again soon.
...and it was great fun Gollum watching. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cracking to see so many of you last week. Gigs were outstanding, which in and of itself was a bloody surprise, but that's the view from the pit, where a good time is guaranteed no matter.

Enjoy the rest of the tour, cheers Von & co, back to the jobs section...
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Planet Dave wrote:Cracking to see so many of you last week. Gigs were outstanding, which in and of itself was a bloody surprise, but that's the view from the pit, where a good time is guaranteed no matter.

Enjoy the rest of the tour, cheers Von & co, back to the jobs section...
:eek:

:lol: Don't leave it so long until the next post this time. :wink:
Great to see you t'other night. :kiss:
Good luck with the job hunting man. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Call me a f**king mercenary, but my second set of XXX postcards are up on eBay.
Four strings good, six strings bad
mh
Above the Chemist

Norman Hunter wrote:Call me a f**king mercenary, but my second set of XXX postcards are up on eBay.
f**king mercenary.

:lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:Call me a f**king mercenary, but my second set of XXX postcards are up on eBay.
f**king mercenary.

:lol:
You don't win a prize, unfortunately...
Four strings good, six strings bad