Glasgow 07/07/11 - Jocko Homo Date

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
James Blast
Banned

Debaser wrote:Do you take a notepad and pen?????
nup, an iTouch ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Debaser wrote:Do you take a notepad and pen?????
nup, an iTouch ;D
But by fiddling about with stuff like that 1) you miss what's going on and 2) annoy the chuff out of me with the glowy lighty thing, in my peripheral vision
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:
Eighthcircle wrote:Ribbons
Train / Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
A Rock and a Hard Place
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Mother Russia / Dominion
More
Will I Dream?
Alice
Anaconda
Lucretia
Vision Thing
Pipeline
Temple of Love

I Was Wrong
Romeo Down

Rain From Heaven
Flood II
This Corrosion

At least I think so.......
How'd the feck do you people remember such stuff? Every gig I attend I start off thinking, I WILL commit the set list to memory, usually missing the third track in by my constant going over the previous two tracks trying to commit them to memory. Then I remember why I'm there, forget what the fourth one is, then it's always that song whose title I can never recall. By that stage I've given up the ghost :lol: I've tried to ease myself in gently by just counting how many songs have been played but the constant desire to tap my fingers and clap and the like means I relax my grip and lose my 'finger' tally :urff:

Do you take a notepad and pen?????
I just note them down on my phone.........I am aware that this is bordering on sad/obsessive behaviour but.....I got to hear A Rock and a Hard Place so I don't care!
iesus
Overbomber

First video posted from glaskow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbJ_ipGhTfg ;D

very bad quality but can have an idea about :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

No Suzanne!! Sacrilege......no M*%$*##& pun intended
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
lachert
Overbomber

iesus wrote:First video posted from glaskow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbJ_ipGhTfg ;D
must be very loud or this phone was so sensitive :eek: :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
James Blast
Banned

makes the venue look massif, which it isn't but real nice to see the COCK! that gets up on someone's shoulders at 0:58 get pulled down and pummeled (I hope) 25 seconds later ;D

Well done Weegies! :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Made a last minute decision to go after all and brave the horrors of the ABC. In fairness, the problems of my last two visits weren't present (I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the smaller upstairs venue rather than the main stage) but we did still have to wait an hour and a half before anything happened. We didn't pay for an hour and a half of standing!

Sexy goth girls handing out the free postacards but sadly no cupcakes (I suppose they'd be mouldy by now) and no tour t-shirt. What's up with that?

As for the band themselves, they were certainly much better than the last couple of times I saw them but I reckon there's still room for improvement. The sound is still a little murky in places, a couple of songs were out of tune (most noticably Flood II) and, frankly, the guitars are a bit samey and tend to focus on chugging rather than playing the tunes. Still an enjoyable gig though. Apart from, as ever, the moshers. Bloody inconsiderate and my shoulder's still sore thank you very much.
dtsom wrote:it seems that I WAS WRONG was played but... whit drums... not the acoustic version played in 2003-2006
It was the acoustic version.
Crash & Burn
A Rock and a Hard Place
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Mother Russia / Dominion
More
Will I Dream?
Alice
Anaconda
Lucretia
Vision Thing
Pipeline
Temple of Love

I Was Wrong
Romeo Down

Rain From Heaven
Flood II
This Corrosion

They played Summer. I don't remember Will I Dream or Romeo Down but they're two that I don't know very well so maybe I didn't recognise them (although I only remember not recognising one, which I assumed was Pipeline). But definitely Summer.
Last edited by stufarq on 08 Jul 2011, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

I told you the ABC's fine

only losers take the bus and heros never queue ;D
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:...and my shoulder's still sore thank you very much.
Nowt wrong wit that.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
lachert
Overbomber

long live rock'n'roll
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:second video!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuHT6BN-3kI
haha. was that supposed to be a joke or just the wrong url?

:lol:
XXX
Sita

Debaser wrote:... and 2) annoy the chuff out of me with the glowy lighty thing, in my peripheral vision
True, I used to be annoyed when all the glowing started too, but I've gotten round to thinking: I'm so glad they do this, so I can read it on the internet later ;D
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

stufarq wrote:Made a last minute decision to go after all and brave the horrors of the ABC. In fairness, the problems of my last two visits weren't present (I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the smaller upstairs venue rather than the main stage) but we did still have to wait an hour and a half before anything happened. We didn't pay for an hour and a half of standing!

Sexy goth girls handing out the free postacards but sadly no cupcakes (I suppose they'd be mouldy by now) and no tour t-shirt. What's up with that?

As for the band themselves, they were certainly much better than the last couple of times I saw them but I reckon there's still room for improvement. The sound is still a little murky in places, a couple of songs were out of tune (most noticably Flood II) and, frankly, the guitars are a bit samey and tend to focus on chugging rather than playing the tunes. Still an enjoyable gig though. Apart from, as ever, the moshers. Bloody inconsiderate and my shoulder's still sore thank you very much.
dtsom wrote:it seems that I WAS WRONG was played but... whit drums... not the acoustic version played in 2003-2006
It was the acoustic version.
Crash & Burn
A Rock and a Hard Place
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Mother Russia / Dominion
Summer
More
Will I Dream?
Alice
Anaconda
Lucretia
Vision Thing
Pipeline
Temple of Love

I Was Wrong
Romeo Down

Rain From Heaven
Flood II
This Corrosion

They played Summer. I don't remember Will I Dream or Romeo Down but they're two that I don't know very well so maybe I didn't recognise them (although I only remember not recognising one, which I assumed was Pipeline). But definitely Summer.
You are correct and I am ashamed.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Definitely heard Romeo Down. Not sure on Summer.

AE only got into it for the encores. Everything else was going through the notions. Drums ran out before his singing on More. Think tge venue tried to cut the speakers on the encores.

Very friendly AE though. Before Dominion "This is a song called independence", before Something Fast "This is called Terry and Julie, down by the river".

Threw cigarettes to the crowd, then his bottle of home brew.

Someone should compare / contrast with Sonisphere. Think we saw the rehearsal.
lachert
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:Someone should compare / contrast with Sonisphere. Think we saw the rehearsal.
they called this gig like that somewhere... and if the posted setlist's order is close to truth, it looks like.
such gigs must be funny. waiting for _emma_ review ;D
long live rock'n'roll
lachert
Overbomber

Ian P. Christ wrote:
lachert wrote:second video!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuHT6BN-3kI
haha. was that supposed to be a joke or just the wrong url?

wrong url of course, but i can't find proper version, must be deleted by now :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Naw, he f**king forgot the lyrics to "More", honestly. That's all there was to it, he just couldn't remember the right lyrics.

I didn't know "A Rock And A Hard Place" wasn't played very often, but it was nice to hear it. "Anaconda" was, predictably, the highlight of the set for me.

Well, my first Sisters gig. Been about 8 years coming, kinda nice to get it out the way. It wasn't too bad, I guess, and Mr Catalyst was utterly storming (Ben probably was too, but f**ked if I could see him).

My apologies to The Boss, Jo, Weebles et al for not making the afterparty more clear to yous. There were 2 industrial DJs (one of whom was trying to bend the night more towards synthpop), and my second set was about 45 minutes of PURE goth/80s pop. Sorry I didn't make it clearer that it was a predominantly-industrial night, felt f**king rotten when I saw you were disappointed, had to be convinced to do another set :|
Hope those who stayed had fun though, and it was great to see you all (even those in McPhabbs whose names/screennames I didn't know, and still don't!)

Peace out y'all!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Romeo Down! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
sam1

did anyone actually go and see Lydia????????
Silver_Owl
The Don

timsinister wrote:AE only got into it for the encores. Everything else was going through the notions. Drums ran out before his singing on More. .
Don't feel so bad about missing it now. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Brilliant day, brilliant night. so-so gig, but made good by some excellent company. thanks to everyone for making it such a Top Nite Oot.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

For a moment I looked at that setlist and thought they'd finally ditched Flood II.

but alas! Alas!

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
ieya
Road Kill

Allow me to contribute another video with truly ghastly mobile phone quality sound!

Dominion/Mother Russia with just a wee bit of the start missing...
jase
Road Kill

I'm new to these forums and last night was my first sisters gig.

Was everyone here down the front? As you couldn't see anything at all until the final three songs. The overuse of the smoke machine was atrocious and it seemed (from my perspective) to kill the atmosphere of a potentially cracking gig.

You all seem to big fans of the band so I doubt you were outside and noticed the three fire engines that had turned up as all the smoke alarms had gone off. After that (for the final few songs) the smoke machine was switched off and it was genuinely enjoyable.

Who runs the light show? Is it the guy with all the Macbooks up in the scaffolding? I couldn't tell as he disappeared thirty seconds into the gig and didn't appear until the very end.