3 May 2006 -Leeds University

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:I kinda thoat it would go adrift in your mits :| it's understandable after the day yistirday was.
I really don't need a replacement Derek, I won't read it again.
It wiz fur yew. Ne'er mind, s**t happens Dude and I wouldn't be here if it wisnae fur yew :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Very understanding of ye bro but I'll huv tae make it up tae ye somehow. I'll bring ye a pressie up on Monday. Have you read the Bunnymen book?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

A big love up to the Heartlanders, you made an old man very happy :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I enjoyed the gig but you lot were far better
It's a pity I feel like I've been gang banged by a herd of buffalo but that's the price you pay.................... :urff:
Scotty I have never laughed so hard in years, you are a comical genius
I'm sure Laz and I will grow tired of the whole Ghostdance thing
eventually
Thanks for all the Fags, beer and laughs
I hope to see you all again at some point as you are all completely frellin' bonkers :eek: :eek: :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

Thanks to all of you lovely people for making last night a real occasion. The Sisters were excellent and you can't go wrong with Neverland (an extended fragment) :wink: but most of all it was nice to meet you all.

Most of the night was spent on the virtual plane that is Planet Dave, so if I didn't speak to any of you or I grunted at you apologies.

To all the rest of you who made it a top nite out....Dave, Lee, Paul, Mr. Blast, Keith, Cat, Ania, Claire, Matt (aka Robochops), Norman Hunter, Dan, Mark (and many more) :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And special thanks to Sunsonic who very kindly threw up all over the inside of my car making the drive home on the hottest day of the year oh so pleasant. :evil: :lol:

Peace.

[/b]
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

@ Derek (adpots a Lard voice from his Radcliffe comedy sidekick days) No need!
Bunnymen book you say? well... :D
also big thankees for getting my lard arse into an upright postion, not once but twice :oops:
@ Steve, it was tops to finally meet the great Arthur Sultan (Iris sendes her best), nice one Sunny Image :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thea
Overbomber

I was just happy to hear "Slept".
"Top Nite Out" was far better than is probably legal. X-treme jacket spotted on the far side of the stage...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nigel and I even managed a sing-along to Top Nite Out as I recall. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I've just remembered that somewhere towards the end, Francis (with glasses at that time) suddenly came flying into the middle of the pit!!!
He looked very happy. 8)

Did anyone see/speak to any of the boys themselves afterwards? I had the nice offer of a lift home 10 mins after in finished so I didn't hang about.

I seem to remember (this is aimed at the legendary Mr Planet) that you were dancing like that Happy Mondays weirdo Bez with your eyes shut. Almost as good watching you as watching the show!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
czuczu
Overbomber

Francis was a hero both before the gig and next morning - mucho thanks sir!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

OK... just got back home after nearly 12 hours on the coach from manchester! THANK YOU VERY MUCH everyone, for making my evening in Leeds so pleasant - Planet Dave for letting me check out his infamous Garage (it still seems surreal, hehe, all the smoke and strobs!), Claire for our amazing guitar duo :twisted: ,Francis, James Blast, The Reptile, Lazarus Corp, Norman Hunter (my fav 17-year old, hehe), Quiffy and Jo and everybody else I met there - big LOVE to you!!!! I am looking forward to July! :kiss: :kiss:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Massive :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: to all the lovely people I met down in the People's Republic.

To Keith, Magrit, James and Pat for not throwing me out of the car window, and for waiting for me when the so-called taxi driver couldn't find Leeds from Dave's planet :roll: .

To my much-missed Big Bruvva Lee for making me laugh enough to prevent me from passing out in The Garage, to Ania for making me look sober :innocent: :wink: , to the lovely Paul - even though he tried to gas me with dry ice in a kind of Goth Auschwitz - for appreciating my rendition of "We Like The Moon" (but how many times do I have to tell you man, it's meant to be sung like that! ;D ), and to all those denizens of le Planet who I met for the first time, you woz all larvely!

To the one and only D00meh, who I finally met for the first time (but not for long enough), who, like Mrs. Richey James, thought she'd go and outdo me in the fancy hair stakes. Well that will just never do. See you in July, for the re-match :twisted: .

And extra-special thanks to Cat, Ez, Lee, Magrit and Keef (again) and all those others who looked out for me and dispensed hugs and helpful words freely during my moments of "wibble". I really cannot ever thank you enough :notworthy: .

And last but not least - the Man, the Legend that is Planet Dave. For happily putting me up despite months of umm-ing and ahh-ing about my attendance, for providing a shoulder to wibble and drunkenly flop on, and most of all for being a friend in need. Not only providing stoned Teletubby wisdom in the busstop outside the Fenton, but always. Solid gold :notworthy: 8) :kiss: .

NOT WORTHY!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

sheep have fur in Beers'din, apparently :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote: stoned Teletubby wisdom
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:

Maybe, but I was right. :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

Planet Dave wrote:

Haw yew!
We saw the aftermath on the poor child on the road north... :|

:D :lol: :D

wisnae feelin' too bright masel :(
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

Haw yew!
We saw the aftermath on the poor child on the road north... :|

:D :lol: :D

wisnae feelin' too bright masel :(
Yeah, I felt like a bit of a bastard kicking her out of her slumber after Keith rang to check on her 'progress'. Another day on Planet Vomit. :roll: :lol:

I felt right as rain, if somewhat vague and unco-ordinated. Normal service then.

I'm reet glad you all had such a fab time. I'd forgotten how marvellous the Drydock is. And in all my 17-odd years of living in Leeds, that's the first time I've been in Strawberry Fields. Nice little place. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

A Day from Heaven, I'm still reeling Image

I knew it was gonna be be good, but fuck me Wednesday was incredible! :eek:
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:Yeah, I felt like a bit of a bastard kicking her out of her slumber after Keith rang to check on her 'progress'.
Yeah well, I got you back by "decorating" your bathroom :twisted: . That's what you get for trying to make me stand upright :P .
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Yeah, I felt like a bit of a bastard kicking her out of her slumber after Keith rang to check on her 'progress'.
Yeah well, I got you back by "decorating" your bathroom :twisted: . That's what you get for trying to make me stand upright :P .
Claire, just never, really, invite me to stay at yours. Really.

:wink: :twisted: :lol:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

boudicca wrote: Mrs. Richey James, thought she'd go and outdo me in the fancy hair stakes. Well that will just never do. See you in July, for the re-match :twisted: .
*goes out and buys one of those pom pom style glitter wigs*

We'll see about that!
Only a paand.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Nigel and I even managed a sing-along to Top Nite Out as I recall. :lol:
i think we managed to sing-along-a-sisters to almost everything Mark. :lol: and our timing was perfect ...of course
and yes , the bass guitars were out a few times. :von:
i remember commenting to mrs nigel that i should dust mine off and get back to the music making :innocent:
and it sounded like we were the only 2 to sing happy birthday :notworthy:
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
boudicca wrote: Mrs. Richey James, thought she'd go and outdo me in the fancy hair stakes. Well that will just never do. See you in July, for the re-match :twisted: .
*goes out and buys one of those pom pom style glitter wigs*

We'll see about that!
Pah! I see your glitter and raise you:

:twisted: :lol:
Delilah

boudicca wrote: to Ania for making me look sober :innocent: :wink:
hehe, true - I think I was falling asleep on your lap or somewhere like that! :innocent: :oops: :twisted:
Delilah

aims
Overbomber

Wonderful picture of Lee you've got there, cig in hand under the no smoking sign ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:eek: YOU EVIL WOMAN!!! :oops: :lol: :notworthy:

I was awake (I think ) but I don't remember you taking that hungover photo of me! I think I'll keep that in my pocket from now on, and if anyone asks, "do you want another?", I'll look at it to remind myself :lol: .
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

A couple of pics:

24.24.2.489 Deceased