"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Summer (Ahráyeph)

Snubnose/Top Nite Out (Mish)

Can someone grab a hold of all mastered files as well, apart from me? When something happens with my HD, at least someone else will have them too...

Cheers,

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

I'm on it! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Sounds all cool, IZ! Good job!
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Sounds all cool, IZ! Good job!
Not much work with yours I have to say ;) Just nudged some of the low-mids to give it more punch and did slight compression. Your headroom was second to none tho, so I had to lower volume a bit so that I could push it back into the 0dB region... not something anyone would hear ;D (I hope)

IZ.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Mish wrote:Snubnose (Top Nite Out)

Hi all, I've been fiddling about with the mix for this for a while and I'm not totally happy with it (the main guitar sounds quite fizzy, definitely not the sound I was aiming for) but here it is anyway. Hope you like it!

Iz, PM coming your way with a link for an uncompressed 24 bit, 48kHz version.

Bryan
This sounds fantastic! Just one thing, I think the strings a bit too slow..
Izzy HaveMercy

robertzombie wrote:
Mish wrote:Snubnose (Top Nite Out)

Hi all, I've been fiddling about with the mix for this for a while and I'm not totally happy with it (the main guitar sounds quite fizzy, definitely not the sound I was aiming for) but here it is anyway. Hope you like it!

Iz, PM coming your way with a link for an uncompressed 24 bit, 48kHz version.

Bryan
This sounds fantastic! Just one thing, I think the strings a bit too slow..
True... something I discovered a couple of years ago too... you have to nudge the strings a couple of millisecs to the left. String sounds tend to have a very low attack, hence they come at full volume after a couple of tenths of seconds. It sounds as if they are 'a bit behind'.

Not really that annoying, but you are right. (not something I can change ;D)

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Summer (Ahráyeph)

Snubnose/Top Nite Out (Mish)

Can someone grab a hold of all mastered files as well, apart from me? When something happens with my HD, at least someone else will have them too...

Cheers,

IZ.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I think it's pretty safe to say that a lot of people will be grabbing them! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Since the quality of this product is so high (so far, way above my expectations) I shall be re-designing the cover to something more befitting.

Is that OK musician guys? 8)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Thought you were already doing a top job, Brother Blast. I'm certainly eager to see what you'll come up with!
James Blast
Banned

This jobbie deserves something to match the quality of Mish and your output not to mention that FGG basturd's tweaking! :twisted:

This one's a go'er Image
~ Peter Steele
Mish
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
robertzombie wrote: This sounds fantastic! Just one thing, I think the strings a bit too slow..
True... something I discovered a couple of years ago too... you have to nudge the strings a couple of millisecs to the left. String sounds tend to have a very low attack, hence they come at full volume after a couple of tenths of seconds. It sounds as if they are 'a bit behind'.

IZ.
Cheers for that Iz, but err.. the whole thing is sounding a tad slow to me :) Sounds like theres been a 48->44kHz sample rate conversion missed somewhere as it's about 10% too slow in that wav file! :D

I can tweak the strings when I next get a chance (haven't forgotten about a mix with the guitars isolated, just haven't had time yet).

Bryan
mh
Above the Chemist

Mish wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
robertzombie wrote: This sounds fantastic! Just one thing, I think the strings a bit too slow..

IZ.
Cheers for that Iz, but err.. the whole thing is sounding a tad slow to me :) Sounds like theres been a 48->44kHz sample rate conversion missed somewhere as it's about 10% too slow in that wav file! :D

I can tweak the strings when I next get a chance (haven't forgotten about a mix with the guitars isolated, just haven't had time yet).

Bryan
So it's not just me then - I was wondering about that!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Izzy HaveMercy

mh wrote:
Mish wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: True... something I discovered a couple of years ago too... you have to nudge the strings a couple of millisecs to the left. String sounds tend to have a very low attack, hence they come at full volume after a couple of tenths of seconds. It sounds as if they are 'a bit behind'.

IZ.

Bryan
So it's not just me then - I was wondering about that!
Fook... and there was me thinking It was SUPPOSED to sound like that :oops:

There goes my reputation.

Nae worries, I'll resample the fecker and re-post it! ;D

(it is easier to hear when the samplerate is 22050 and should be 44100 tho ;D)

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

Ah yes, just sped it up by 110 % and it's a totally dramatic improvement.

Running a 40 Hz highpass (you'll need to re-maximize the volume after this) also does Good Stuff.
Izzy HaveMercy

The new and improved Snubnose/Top Nite Out by Mish!

Replaces the old, slow and boring one...

Oh, and I did not speed it up ;) I resampled the track Mish gave me, adjusted the tempo and re-edited my siren-sound. Slightly more work, but better for the sound ;D

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The new and improved Snubnose/Top Nite Out by Mish!

Oh, and I did not speed it up ;) I resampled the track Mish gave me, adjusted the tempo and re-edited my siren-sound. Slightly more work, but better for the sound ;D

IZ.
Begob and sure 'tis good work ye've done there, fella me lad. There'll be a feed o' bacon and schpuds in it for ye. :lol:

smiscandlon
Overbomber

Man, dat good! :notworthy:
анархия
Izzy HaveMercy

mh wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The new and improved Snubnose/Top Nite Out by Mish!

IZ.
Begob and sure 'tis good work ye've done there, fella me lad. There'll be a feed o' bacon and schpuds in it for ye. :lol:

Make that a pork roast and jacked taters and I'm your man! ;D :notworthy:

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

... and the new front cover ;D

~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

... and the new inside back ;D

~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

obviously I can't do a tracklist, yet :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I'll say one thing : it's definitely not goff, this graveyard theme... ;D
James Blast
Banned

Ahráyeph wrote:I'll say one thing : it's definitely not goff, this graveyard theme... ;D
I was trying to avoid that and the 'everything centred' and type in Caslon Antique aspect, well spotted Raf, ya cnut! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ach, always a pleasure, Brother Blast... ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

OK, today we will be rerecording Crash And Burn. We've had a few weeks of rehearsing it and we've got it sorted out now.

Link will be up in a few hours :)