Latest Sisters purchase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

PITE lp's the full set (at least so far):
- 3 different coloured vinyl ltd. 300
- brown vinyl ltd. 5 (numbered 1-5) with cd
- brown multicouloured vinyl ltd. 10 (numbered 6-15) with cd
- 2 different coloured vinyl ltd. 85 in total (16-100) with cd
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Didn't expect less than the full set from you :D

I am still trying to stay away from the new stuff, but if no one is bidding on the current Big Club's for sale I might have to give in.

Edit: Actually two of them have a bid now.
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

Hard Reign LP
Alice 7" (French Import)
I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

Actually, a couple of days before i got the 2 above records i got the 'Remixes Sampler' LP, The one with the pictures of the three main albums on the front, anyway, I got it then called at 'Morrisons' on the way home to get some tea, I went to the new(ish) self service tills so i put the record down at my feet so i could use the said till, when i was finished i turned round, remembered my record, turned back to pick it up and it was gone. Some low live BASTARD had picked it up and disappeared :evil: :( . I owned it for about 25minutes. I told the shop but they just shrugged there shoulders and said there was nothing they could do. I was too upset and angry to think of their CCTV cameras at the time.

I've had the worst luck in the world when it comes to my records :evil:
I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Floodland US longbox.. finally!
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
taylor
Slight Overbomber

23 years after ? :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

SteBacchus wrote:Actually, a couple of days before i got the 2 above records i got the 'Remixes Sampler' LP, The one with the pictures of the three main albums on the front, anyway, I got it then called at 'Morrisons' on the way home to get some tea, I went to the new(ish) self service tills so i put the record down at my feet so i could use the said till, when i was finished i turned round, remembered my record, turned back to pick it up and it was gone. Some low live BASTARD had picked it up and disappeared :evil: :( . I owned it for about 25minutes. I told the shop but they just shrugged there shoulders and said there was nothing they could do. I was too upset and angry to think of their CCTV cameras at the time.

I've had the worst luck in the world when it comes to my records :evil:
The Sampler shows up on Ebay weekly. Saw it yesterday for around 9 euro's.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Lucian
Road Kill

First And Last And Always CD.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Lucian<3Patricia wrote:First And Last And Always CD.
have you got the vision thing reissue cd yet? have you seen our namecheck in the booklet? ;) 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Lucian
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:
have you got the vision thing reissue cd yet? have you seen our namecheck in the booklet? ;) 8)
no i havent. but i will. i recently started listening to The Sisters so....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Lucian<3Patricia wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
nice one. i remember discovering them bit by bit for the first time (about 20 years ago... :urff:) - you've got quite a journey ahead of you 8)

those reissues are a great starting point. the floodland one is probably the best though... but i felt compelled to point you in the direction of the vision thing one as they mention our interview with andreas bruhn :lol: ;D
Lucian
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:
Lucian<3Patricia wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: have you got the vision thing reissue cd yet? have you seen our namecheck in the booklet? ;) 8)
nice one. i remember discovering them bit by bit for the first time (about 20 years ago... :urff:) - you've got quite a journey ahead of you 8)

those reissues are a great starting point. the floodland one is probably the best though... but i felt compelled to point you in the direction of the vision thing one as they mention our interview with andreas bruhn :lol: ;D
ah ok. well i'll get that album next then. a lot of people i know have never heard of The Sisters.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

that must be difficult.

when i came across them it was late 1989. no one i knew was into them either, but then they came back with vision thing, and they were all over the music press, which made it a bit easier to find out about them... they instantly became my favourite band, and no matter what other kind of music i've been listening to since they have always remained my favourite band of all time.

enjoy :D
Lucian
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:that must be difficult.

when i came across them it was late 1989. no one i knew was into them either, but then they came back with vision thing, and they were all over the music press, which made it a bit easier to find out about them... they instantly became my favourite band, and no matter what other kind of music i've been listening to since they have always remained my favourite band of all time.

enjoy :D
it is difficult but then again i live somewhere in the US and its not '89 anymore but i will continue listening to The Sisters.
xxKyo13xx
Road Kill

A Sisters of Mercy Vision Thing poster.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I couldn't help myself and bought the Big Club LP. It does look nice!
in dub we trust
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Promo's P1003-2 and PRCD8252. :)
paul
Overbomber

The silver one, letter E

(L :notworthy:)
Lucian
Road Kill

paul wrote:The silver one, letter E

(L :notworthy:)
cool.
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

Scored the UTG 12" (with poster!) along with U2, Chameleons, Neph and Yes vinyls while visiting a friend
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

DISTANCE OVER THE TIME OFFICIAL T-SHIRT MINT CONDITION( I´VE ALREADY GOT ONE BUT IT´S GETTING OLD)

2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:DISTANCE OVER THE TIME OFFICIAL T-SHIRT MINT CONDITION( I´VE ALREADY GOT ONE BUT IT´S GETTING OLD)

But not that shirt! Nice photo though :innocent:
Did you buy the recent one on ebay then? I was watching that one,was tempted myself as it seemed in much better condition than mine,but I decided to save my money to spend at Leamington Spa instead.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

this photo is from your t-shirt of course, yes i bought the recent one on ebay?? i received yestarday and is in mint condition, i bought it because that one that i´ve already have is getting old and this one whit the summer t-shirt(i´ll get one in a few days)are my favorites!!!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice one Diego!
czuczu
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:
dtsom wrote:DISTANCE OVER THE TIME OFFICIAL T-SHIRT MINT CONDITION( I´VE ALREADY GOT ONE BUT IT´S GETTING OLD)

But not that shirt! Nice photo though :innocent:
Did you buy the recent one on ebay then? I was watching that one,was tempted myself as it seemed in much better condition than mine,but I decided to save my money to spend at Leamington Spa instead.
That is the all time best Sisters tour shirt, I've replaced my original twice now..