Damage Done on Ebay

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

Wow! After seeing what that one went for, it almost tempts me to sell mine. Almost. 2 things stop me...mine is not in top condition and there's too much sentimental value attached to it. Whoever paid that amount-almost 900.00 US- must have more money than they know what to do with or be totally obssessed by the Sisters. If it's the 1st, I can tell them where to send some money and if it's the 2nd, I'd suggest a good shrink! I'm sorry, but while I totally understand collecting, I can't fathom spending that kind of money. Also, for that amount, I'd want a mint copy, autographed, hand delivered by Von and a private perfomance! Wasn't part of the idea of releasing SGWBM to enable fans to have the earlier material without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money?? I'd be curious as to what :von: would have to say if he was told what somebody paid for a record that he, himself, considers bad. Somehow I imagine him laughing and saying "bloody fool!". :lol: I hope whoever got it enjoys it & if it was a male and he's reading this, I've got a pretty 18yr old daughter he can marry!! :lol: Just has to take care of the in-laws!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

msm67 wrote:I'd be curious as to what :von: would have to say if he was told what somebody paid for a record that he, himself, considers bad. Somehow I imagine him laughing and saying "bloody fool!". :lol:
Too right. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@Mark...been meaning to say this: Love your avatar & quote! On another note, I think it says earlier in this thead that alot of copies of the DD were returned to the Reptile House. If so, do you think that if :von: still has them in storage somewhere, he might be thinking of putting them up on ebay? Would buy lots of cat food, vodka & ciggies and be less strenuous than touring. :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D Thanks ;D

Oh I suspect that a number of the copies of DD that have appeared on ebay over the years have come from :von: (or at least ebay sellers with a connection to him). I don't know but I suspect.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
psichonaut
Overbomber

msm67 wrote:I've got a pretty 18yr old daughter he can marry!! :
never paid too much than the price recommended by the record-label for a record.....but could i go for a relationship? ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@psichonaut....and what would your wife say?? :lol:
psichonaut
Overbomber

if don't tell her nothing...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@Mark...interesting thought. Do you think the man would actually sell things on ebay or have someone do it for him? If so, would that make him a bit of a hypocrite, a smart business man or someone trying to finance some bad habits?
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@psichonaut...bad! bad! ;D If my husband said something like that he'd be severely punished! :evil: As for my daughter, I've taught her that married men are a no-no....karma and all that. Not to mention jealous, angry wives with weapons!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I always thought :von: was a fairly shrewd businessman. Up until the 'strike' that is.

He must have some income stream, royalties from the records won't add up to much these days, and the gigs can only pay when he plays.
—Bertrand Russell
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@mark...if he needs income, he could release some new material ro just put together a cd of the "newer" songs like Still, Summer, Slept, etc. Or some live gigs, either on cd or dvd!
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

What's it to you what other people do with their money?

It's not just records, you know...people also collect rare editions of books and pay a lot for them. i would, too, had i any money. So i don't get first editions but try to get best ones i can afford...same with records. i can't justify it reasonably to anyone who's the bit least of a pragmatist, but i'm not...

And why again do you use Eldritch as an authority on what's reasonable and what not? You don't even know what he thinks, you just guess according to your own position. But i'd be very very disappointed if he was a narrowminded s.o.b. who doesn't let other people make their own decisions on what to think.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That's actually a fair point dei.

(Couple of points but yeah.)

I mean, for fcuk sake some people collect Franklin Mint figures, who are we to judge?
Last edited by markfiend on 04 Sep 2008, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
—Bertrand Russell
Nic
Slight Overbomber

cardoman wrote:
Nic wrote:
cardoman wrote: @ Nic: are you the man from the uppland swedisch blog? Than you payed 185£, no?
Nope, that's not me.

Wish I had bought it for 185 quid though. :wink:
On your birthday item there's a picture of the "uppland" man, no?
If you are referring to the picture below, that would be me.
Who are this other person you are talking about, got a link?

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Nic wrote:
cardoman wrote:
Nic wrote: Nope, that's not me.

Wish I had bought it for 185 quid though. :wink:
On your birthday item there's a picture of the "uppland" man, no?
If you are referring to the picture below, that would be me.
Who are this other person you are talking about, got a link?

Oh Nic, your not the one from the avatar ;D ;D

Joky... :wink: :lol:

http://uppland.blogspot.com/

I thought I saw the same picture on that blogspot (damage done is on it too...)
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
robertzombie
Overbomber

msm67 wrote:@psichonaut....and what would your wife say?? :lol:
I don't have a wife... :innocent:
psichonaut
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:
msm67 wrote:@psichonaut....and what would your wife say?? :lol:
I don't have a wife... :innocent:
who's the stallion here? ;D
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@itnaklpise(apologies if I spelled that wrong)...it's not my business what anyone does with their money, I agree. I was just stating my opinion, which I am entitled to do...nobody needs to agree with it. Hell, 15yrs ago, I may have bid on it myself! I have read plenty of posts on here meanly criticizing people for what they spent on Sisters items. At least I wasn't as bad as some of those. As for my comments about Mr. Eldritch...have you ever read his comments on that particular record? He basically says it's not very good and not worth spending outrageous sums of money on. When I speculated on what his reaction may be, it was all in good fun. No, I don't know how he thinks, but with all I've read, I can tell the man has a sense of humor!

@Rob...hmmm....I wouldn't mind seeing her with a nice English boy. :lol:
robertzombie
Overbomber

I wouldn't mind a nice foreign girl! :D

Send 'er over! ;D
paul
Overbomber

I guess :von: is still flattered by the big amounts of money being paid for DD, although he would't admit it ofcourse :wink:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I've read AE's mind several times and he mostly thinks about Bagpuss. Strange but true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiOLXNJ ... re=related
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
paul
Overbomber

Here's another genuine copy:
click
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:Here's another genuine copy:
click
Yes genuine and quality not so bad... above 600€ this time or maybe wall street will decides other things... :wink:
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
paul
Overbomber

... and £200,- already ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

That little fukcer is so expensive these days. :roll:
"as we walk on the floodland"