Worst Sisters songs.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Reptile House still seems so full of possibilities, different directions the band could take and a prime example how the gonzoid rock thing is only one aspect of the Sisters, most doom albums dont come close to the claustrobhobic dread contained within.
Such a waste that :von: never really made more slooow music with that cinematic edge.
All the promised Paris Riots meets imaginary Sybeberg soundtracks and techno projects,even ssv,that side of the machine has sadly atrophied :cry:
_emma_
Overbomber

wild bill buttock wrote:Like I said on the other thread Tidal ,stick with it.It will get you in the end.
There is no escape now
:notworthy:
Now as I think of my teenage years, I recal that I didn't like every Sisters' song from the word go. It's not just the Reptile House, I think that some parts of Floodland took a while to get into my head too... But now as I look at it after the years, I see that there was no escape, even at the very begining when I thought that this music was awkward, odd and ugly - even then I was already hooked and doomed. Then came the tears, the heartbreak, the death of dreams... just as if there had never been any other path to follow. :lol: :notworthy:
And it's good, and I don't regret it at all.
splintered thing

the only song I actively dislike and always skip is actually a cover - 1969.

Just really really really don't enjoy it.
everything else is top class.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Reptile House is one of the finest pieces of vinyl ever released. Fact!

Listen to it with your amplifier turned up to eleven.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:The Reptile House is one of the finest pieces of vinyl ever released. Fact!

Listen to it with your amplifier turned up to eleven.
The Meerkat is always Right, by the way. :von:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Truth be told, i like Home of the Hitmen. But i don't like Adrenachrome, at least relativelly. It's not that bad live.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

itnAklipse wrote:Truth be told, i like Home of the Hitmen. But i don't like Adrenachrome...

Hehehe - my sentiments exactly, only in reverse! :wink: :P ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Black Planet always gets skipped, IMO it's just dull.
Hitmen/Watch, I'm just thankful that they are short songs.
And to fly in face of general opinion, Ribbons is usually skipped,
mind you most of VT gets skipped in favour of YCBTO.
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Tidal

I heard You Could be the One for the first time just now... heard some pretty gruesome things about it before, now I can say
that it wouldn't be such a disaster but simply another wacky Vision Thing song, had it not come with the "yeah yeah yeah" and the, unusual for Eldritch, explicitness. It's just too dumb to be called a Sisters song.
It's good to be back
nowayjose

Tidal wrote:I heard You Could be the One for the first time just now... heard some pretty gruesome things about it before, now I can say
that it wouldn't be such a disaster but simply another wacky Vision Thing song, had it not come with the "yeah yeah yeah" and the, unusual for Eldritch, explicitness. It's just too dumb to be called a Sisters song.
I don't think it's meant to be taken very seriously.. I think it's a funny song.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Andy Christ 666 wrote:Black Planet always gets skipped, IMO it's just dull.
Hitmen/Watch, I'm just thankful that they are short songs.
And to fly in face of general opinion, Ribbons is usually skipped,
mind you most of VT gets skipped in favour of YCBTO.
I disagree with Black Planet, Home Of The Hitmen and Watch, as I think the former is the best track on FALAA by far, and the first single, b-sides included, is, IMHO one of the best releases.
But I do skip Ribbons, on the rare occasion I listen to VT. I usually just listen to the WYDSM remix, and that suits me.
mh
Above the Chemist

Tidal wrote:I heard You Could be the One for the first time just now... heard some pretty gruesome things about it before, now I can say
Oi! Behave! :evil:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

You really are trying my patience now Tidal. :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Tidal

Oh, what's this? Have I unknowingly treaded on thine weakness? I thought this entire thread had an agreement about the quality of YCBTO and now I get flamed because I say something out loud?

(and stop calling me Tidal, it's Tidal, plain and simple.)
It's good to be back
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Herr Blast emboldened your name because it was to you that he was referring. That is the way things are done around here.

"This entire thread" didn't have any agreement on any song. Some may believe This Corrosion to be utter s**t, whereas others may refuse to hear anything bad about War On Drugs.

YCBTO is the song which divides the userbase here the most, and that fact is referred to frequently. Some take (mock) offence at the sheer idea that the song is anything less than perfect. Some take (mock) offence at the sheer idea that the song can even be called a "song".

Hope this clears matters up.
Tidal

YCBTO is the song which divides the userbase here the most, and that fact is referred to frequently. Some take (mock) offence at the sheer idea that the song is anything less than perfect. Some take (mock) offence at the sheer idea that the song can even be called a "song".
Ok, I didn't know that. But...

I honestly cannot believe my ears... but as is supposed to be agreed upon, I'll say that everyone is allowed to have their own opinion which should not be violated.
It's good to be back
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

As I've said before, and will continue to shriek until I'm blue in the face: it's *all* subjective (no really, it is). So please stop arguing, kiddies. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Syberberg

James Blast wrote:You really are trying my patience now Tidal. :evil:
Now, now James, he just hasn't realised how gloriously YCBTO takes the proverbial out of Cock-rock and songs about moist women in hotel rooms. As the Merciful Realese press release about it quite rightly said:

"You Could Be The One" is a thoughtful song for those party-goers who always find themselves pinned to the fridge by Melanie, a Mancunian or the Pope.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
James Blast
Banned

Rev'rnd! Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Syberberg wrote:
James Blast wrote:You really are trying my patience now Tidal. :evil:
Now, now James, he just hasn't realised how gloriously YCBTO takes the proverbial out of Cock-rock and songs about moist women in hotel rooms. As the Merciful Realese press release about it quite rightly said:

"You Could Be The One" is a thoughtful song for those party-goers who always find themselves pinned to the fridge by Melanie, a Mancunian or the Pope.
True, he just realised what I knew for years on end... It's pish! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Syberberg

James Blast wrote:Rev'rnd! Image
Well aye man. Image
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:True, he just realised what I knew for years on end... It's pish!

IZ.
Philistine!!!!!!
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Petseri
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: Ah, you are learning well. :notworthy: :notworthy:

When it comes to this song, it is best to ignore the man with the stabbing habit. For other things, he can be trusted. :wink:
mh
Above the Chemist

Dark wrote:YCBTO is the song which divides the userbase here the most, and that fact is referred to frequently. Some take (mock) offence at the sheer idea that the song is anything less than perfect.
There ain't nothing "mock" about it...!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, quite.