Glasgow 07/07/11 - Jocko Homo Date

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
lachert
Overbomber

A Rock And A Hard Place sounds good ;D
now what, walk away? :eek: please God, no :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Deep fried black pudding is nice but not as good as deep fried haggis :lol:

I satisfied my cravings (apart from nae chippy sauce), discovered a shorter route back to my hotel (only got propositioned by the one hooker so must have been a quiet night), had myself a smoke and thought "I'll just lie on the bed for 10 mins and not close my eyes"......FATAL! Woke up at 02:30 still fully clothed with some daft bint blethering away to herself on the telly (what exactly happens to STV after midnight?). So much for the aftershow (and I HAD intended going this time).

Top day/night/peeps. Good to catch up wi my bro Blast as well, it's been far too long :notworthy:

....and we saw a fox! Michael's first one 8)
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Thanks for your ticket, sukhoi :D
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for picking me up off the street tim :D
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Naah, xris caught you, I just dithered and flailed my arms about. How's yer knee? :|
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote:Thanks for your ticket, sukhoi :D

My pleasure :notworthy: And thank you and all others for such a nice and decent company both during preshow refreshment at McPhabbs and during aftershow long and winding road... 8)

petr
Right On Venom And Revenge
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Its gone quite a charming shade of purple, but kind of matches my hair so thats okay :) not the first and undoubtedly not the last of the stupid shoes/kerb war wounds and didnt spoil the craic so no harm done :D
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

and during aftershow long and winding road...
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

DerekR wrote:....and we saw a fox! Michael's first one 8)
First in a city, but no less amazing for that. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lachert
Overbomber

who brought that nme from 85? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

James Blast. He had a small archive that, if ended up on eBay, could probably pay for the next Sisters album.

Not that Blast would pay for it, mind.

8)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Also, I actually didn't recognise half of the HL mob, so apologies if I didn't talk to you, I didn't want to ask names in case I was meant to already know. :oops:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Dark wrote:Also, I actually didn't recognise half of the HL mob, so apologies if I didn't talk to you, I didn't want to ask names in case I was meant to already know. :oops:
Snap, I recognized you but didn't introduce myself, just joined in the conversation. It's how I got talking to most of this lot :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

@ Dark
No needs to apologize ... I, for example, didn't talk either to everybody arriving, known or not ... one cannot do it all at a time ... :wink: ...

However, it's been quite a pleasure to meet up ... talked to or not ... and get to know a few more Heartlanders ... :D ... and if only from far ...

timsinister wrote:Definitely heard Romeo Down. Not sure on Summer.
They did play Summer ... I heard it (somehow) ... and after that More which has definitely become a new song now, absolutely neat in that as well ... yes ;D ...
timsinister wrote: AE only got into it for the encores. Everything else was going through the notions. ...
That's been sort of my impression too ... not without feeling guilty (rightly so or not) for it's (again)
been one of those gigs where I managed to hardly look what's going on on stage despite being in the
front row ... too concerned/absorbed and most probably completely unconcerned/unrelated at the same time
... :urff: ... Image ... no, if I can't but feel like that, I should rather withdraw from the front row ... :( ...

However, apart from these inconveniencies, that "going through the notions" made a solid gig
raising hopes for clearer views and approaches redundantising overload fightin attitudes ...
A Rock And A Hard Place follwed by Amphetamine Logic for example ... yeah, please, that's a pretty
sideline which should be integrated more often ... after a slight bit of further elaboration ...
(but who am I to tell, anyway ... maybe I had better not say anything)

timsinister wrote: Very friendly AE though. Before Dominion "This is a song called independence", before Something Fast "This is called Terry and Julie, down by the river".

Threw cigarettes to the crowd, then his bottle of home brew.
Hihi ... :D ... I was too compromised with my trains to notice ... hell, had I seen it ...
a cig thrown to me from friendly holy hands had surely helped bring me on trail ... :lol: ...

Anyway, millions of thanks to doulfe, AFAICS, for sharing the home brews with us ...
it tasted quite like Campari but without the alc in it ... very tasty ... ;D ;D ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

They played Something Fast? :eek:
I didn't get the faintest bit of that ... :oops: ... but stop, you're joking ... :twisted: :eek: ... good joke ... :lol: ...

Btw, pleased to meet you, timsinister ... I had better come with you to the back of the venue, I guess,
and if only because the securities always feel the need to care for me when I lean on the grid, close my eyes and just - listen ... :wink: ...
James Blast
Banned

quite
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What a fantastic version of A Rock and a Hard Place

No Time to Cry, a Rock and a Hard Place, what next? Nine while nine?
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
paul
Overbomber

Thanx, sukhoi, very nice vids!
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Thanks sukhoi!

ARAHP sounds really really good I must say.
It's spelled AHR�YEPH, and yes, we do sound really, really good, if you ever get the chance to see us live.

And by the way, I'd like to see them play a version of 'Summer' on stage that's as good as the cover I did of it... :twisted: ;D :lol: (a wee bit of friendly blasphemy doesn't go astray, as doesn't a spot of shameless self promotion, but hey, this was too good an opening to let slip :wink: )
James Blast
Banned

you tart! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I think Ben's work all the way though More - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG0Msrmi ... re=related is pretty f*cking spectacular from playing to singing. :notworthy:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Garbageman

Years ago in Orlando at the House of Blues Sisters gig there were a couple of Scots chaps in line behind me. Any of them on this forum. Think it was 2005.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
doctoravalanche

Thanks for the video of "A rock and a hard place", this new version really seems to be a masterpiece, I am jealous !!! I need it !
TheBoyNextDoor

Ahráyeph wrote: It's spelled AHR�YEPH, and yes, we do sound really, really good, if you ever get the chance to see us live.
Hehe
;D
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

ribbons69 wrote:
Bill Hicks wrote:Any new merch?

Any new merch?

Any new merch?

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Evening,left Glasgow on the 11.05 train to Edinburgh,arrived in Nottingham at 6.20. Then got one last train back here,been home about half an hour.Splendid couple of days I thought.
Merch? Gift and Hot Metal shirts as mentioned and f**k Me And Marry Me Young all with Sisters Reptile Backprints,and a burnout womens version of f**k Me.
Hi ribbons69

Do yo have any photos of the gift/hot metal shirts?