"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Here is the final version. The vocals settle a little better into the overall mix and don't sound as seperated from the tune.

http://download.yousendit.com/3208B4076AAC6A2A

And for those who don't have it, here is my final Adrenochrome version.

http://download.yousendit.com/567667774B9EF074
mh
Above the Chemist

Arrrgh! wrote:After much prevaricating and some time wasting, behold the Todashi cover of Still.

http://www.happobiken.com/Still_rough_demo.wma
Updated. :notworthy:
ormfdmrush wrote:sorry, guys, i made Summer instead of War On Drugs
here is the link
Methedrome wrote:Here is the final version. The vocals settle a little better into the overall mix and don't sound as seperated from the tune.

http://download.yousendit.com/3208B4076AAC6A2A

Let me know if I've missed (or f--ked up) anything here.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

Arrrgh! wrote:After much prevaricating and some time wasting, behold the Todashi cover of Still.

However, it's not finished - it's missing vocals, so there's the deal. If anyone thinks they can

a) figure out the mumbled words found on the bootlegs doing the rounds and

b) sing in a semi-decent baritone, feel free to add a vocal track.

Simply record it as a Wav or Aif and send it back to me to be mixed in and finished. Bingo.

Otherwise, this will have to stand as some sort of instrumental. Muchos Kudos on this must go to my mate Quintin, beat master and all round boffin extraordinaire. I merely plucked the strings . . . he made them sing. or growl. You get the idea.
Any vocal volunteers? This is really really good (the little shouts of "oi!" throughout it are brilliant) but genuinely does need a vocal to round it off.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

a .wma file :( I can only listen to them as streaming audio, can't save them
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:a .wma file :( I can only listen to them as streaming audio, can't save them
Get a PC.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

mh wrote:
James Blast wrote:a .wma file :( I can only listen to them as streaming audio, can't save them
Get a PC.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Go Feck yirsel Paddy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

That's a revenge for yer bloody QuickTime Movies :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
lachert
Overbomber

i'm fighting with romeo down, but this will be pure horror show on "fruity". anyway you can count me in :wink: i saw that nobody takes this beautiful track. sad that it find place in my dirty hands :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
mh
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote:i'm fighting with romeo down, but this will be pure horror show on "fruity". anyway you can count me in :wink: i saw that nobody takes this beautiful track. sad that it find place in my dirty hands :lol:
Noted.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:i'm fighting with romeo down, but this will be pure horror show on "fruity". anyway you can count me in :wink: i saw that nobody takes this beautiful track. sad that it find place in my dirty hands :lol:
Fruity Loops? :innocent:
lachert
Overbomber

ormfdmrush wrote: Fruity Loops? :innocent:
yeah, is it acceptable? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I've been giving it a bash. Actually I did the drums in Fruity Loops then added a reverb filter in Cubase which gave them a nice effect. 145bpm is what I decided on btw.

Unfortunately I don't have my bass at the moment, only one of my guitars so I won't be able to make a decent working version of it for a while
24.24.2.489 Deceased
mh
Above the Chemist

CellThree wrote:
I've been giving it a bash. Actually I did the drums in Fruity Loops then added a reverb filter in Cubase which gave them a nice effect. 145bpm is what I decided on btw.

Unfortunately I don't have my bass at the moment, only one of my guitars so I won't be able to make a decent working version of it for a while
Also noted. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

We now have a full house in terms of tracks being taken, but there's nowt wrong with duplicates.
lachert
Overbomber

oh J. my version of romeo will be rather for fun non profit :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:
mine is FL 6 :innocent:
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

well done! :notworthy:
lachert
Overbomber

ormfdmrush wrote:
lachert wrote:
mine is fl1 but is the best :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:
ormfdmrush wrote:
lachert wrote: yeah, is it acceptable? :eek:
mine is fl1 but is the best :notworthy:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks to everyone who said nice things about the version of Still I/we did.

It was an interesting experiment - listening to something so many times takes it's toll, and I can hear lots of problems in this. The arrangement is wrong, the volume levels of some of the bits needs some tweaking, but there is the bones of a great pop song there, and I have more respect for the Sisters after doing this than I had before.

Elegant simplicity is a fine thing. As has been pointed out, we do need vocals - so I'd much rather somebody who can carry it does them. I can croak it if I need to, but there have been some excellent covers produced in this thread so far, but some (not all) of them have fallen at the vocal hurdle.

Of course in an ideal world, Von would do the vocals, but hey, that seems unlikely.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Izzy HaveMercy

For those insisting on using a Mac (and the others, of course ;) ), here is a MP3 version of Bluarrrgh!s 'Still':

Still - Rough Demo MP3

IZ.
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:eek:
Todashi is just :eek:
They have their Doktor at just the right BANG.

Really nice work, all of you! :notworthy:
Immodium for the people
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just an FYI that I am doing another version of Crash & Burn.

I have the drums, synth, and bassline according to plan, but am still refining the guitars and vocal lines.

I like the versions attempted thus far. Very unique.

Am trying for something that is more verbatim to the Sisters arrangement though.

BTW- Motz, how is your "Come Together" coming along?

Cheers,
B
aims
Overbomber

It's not coming together as smoothly as I'd liked, due to school and work commitments. However, if I can sort the pain in the arse that is the clean guitar tone, then Christmas should provide enough time to get it finished 8)
Izzy HaveMercy

I'm almost back on me legs, so I will start The Mubled Song shortly! ;D

IZ.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Yes! Let the mayhem commence :twisted: :D