School's Out - Heartland August 2007 Weekender

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Steve arrived last night (this morning) off for stodge now-I have numbers and feel free to text me if you have mine....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

markfiend wrote:I'm taking DerekR and James Blast over to Planet Dave's
Change of plan

I don't think I'll bother with the car. It would certainly make things easier in terms of meeting in Leeds Centre some time tomorrow afternoon.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:
markfiend wrote:I'm taking DerekR and James Blast over to Planet Dave's
Change of plan

I don't think I'll bother with the car. It would certainly make things easier in terms of meeting in Leeds Centre some time tomorrow afternoon.
Right (Unless Dave tells me otherwise) I shall drop the car off in land of Green Ginger and then get the bus down to town (ETA 15:00ish) and give you a bell - unless you have a defined meet up point?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

3ish in town somewhere seems good to me.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Kewl (as I believe 'the kids' say these days)

3ish, or earlier if anybody fancies a pre-meet splinter group, is rocking and rolling. No idea where anywhere is in Leeds so this could be fun ! ;D
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Silver_Owl
The Don

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Kewl (as I believe 'the kids' say these days)

3ish, or earlier if anybody fancies a pre-meet splinter group, is rocking and rolling. No idea where anywhere is in Leeds so this could be fun ! ;D
Likewise...Unkle Dave normally chaparones me through the mean streets. But I'm sure we'll sort it out. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

*trying to think where is easy to find for non-Leeds people*

All the bars down this end (nearish the train station) are cr@p and/or mad expensive.

Bourbon near the Millenium Square is easy to find (clicky) (ignore the stupid directions :roll: )

Straight out of the front of the station, uphill past all the banks, keep following the road straight up and it's right in front of you.

How's that? 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Carpathian Psychonaut

markfiend wrote:*trying to think where is easy to find for non-Leeds people*

All the bars down this end (nearish the train station) are cr@p and/or mad expensive.

Bourbon near the Millenium Square is easy to find (clicky) (ignore the stupid directions :roll: )

Straight out of the front of the station, uphill past all the banks, keep following the road straight up and it's right in front of you.

How's that? 8)
That'll do me - catch you folks there at or before maybe 3ish then!
Silver_Owl
The Don

Thanks Mark. :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

See you tomorrow 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Carpathian Psychonaut

The courier just turned up at work with my big ol' bottle of mad green nicely in time for tomorrow, I know our first watering hole and I have "Heartland" blaring out of my Zen.

I may still be at work right now but I'm bloody well up for this lark ! :notworthy:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:The courier just turned up at work with my big ol' bottle of mad green nicely in time for tomorrow, I know our first watering hole and I have "Heartland" blaring out of my Zen.

I may still be at work right now but I'm bloody well up for this lark ! :notworthy:
Good man! I still think you should bring that camera that does 1 second images and stuff. :? It sounds great. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:The courier just turned up at work with my big ol' bottle of mad green nicely in time for tomorrow, I know our first watering hole and I have "Heartland" blaring out of my Zen.

Good man! I still think you should bring that camera that does 1 second images and stuff. :? It sounds great. :wink:
I'll see how much space I have in my bag after essentials (booze, furry hat, couple of tops, etc) have been piled in - I'm very tempted to bring my Holga as I had some good results back from the films I used last week but I may just settle on my phone - that has a staggered shooting option on it too.

Ah, who cares - long as I get there it'll all work out !
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

;D

having had no response for the lunchtime post i figured everyone was busy elsewhere... so i popped into town to go to the cashpoint at the railway station and guess what?!?!? there they all f**king were :lol: :notworthy:

planet dave, boud, christophe, weeble, pista :o

and within a few seconds we were also joined by our very own hostess with the mostess - sinny ;D :lol:

get in 8)

so we went for a quick pint and then they all trundled off to settle in & unpack, while i wandered back to work in a bit of daze.

and so it begins....

:von: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Carpathian Psychonaut

Quiff Boy wrote:;D

having had no response for the lunchtime post i figured everyone was busy elsewhere... so i popped into town to go to the cashpoint at the railway station and guess what?!?!? there they all f**king were :lol: :notworthy:

planet dave, boud, christophe, weeble, pista :o

and within a few seconds we were also joined by our very own hostess with the mostess - sinny ;D :lol:

get in 8)

so we went for a quick pint and then they all trundled off to settle in & unpack, while i wandered back to work in a bit of daze.

and so it begins....

:von: :notworthy:
Top stuff !

With an idea for a meeting point mooted and few numbers exchanged already I reckon we could end up similar tomorrow too.
James Blast
Banned

Baisturts! :cry: x 25,000
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:Baisturts! :cry: x 25,000
:cry: :cry: :cry:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Andrew S and Zenoman are now in hotel Heartland!!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Carpathian Psychonaut

I was tempted to pile out of work at half five and grab a train to Leeds to get an extra night in but I'm glad I settled on waiting until Saturday - I'm knackered ! If I'd have come out tonight I'd have been asleep and that really wouldn't have been good at all.

To those of you aiming for the full three day set, I salute you! :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

I salute anyone who can last a night on Planet Dave! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Carpathian Psychonaut

James Blast wrote:I salute anyone who can last a night on Planet Dave! :lol:
I get the impression I have my work cut out tomorrow night! Eeeek.....
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

s'ok, sinny will look after you..
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Carpathian Psychonaut

emilystrange wrote:s'ok, sinny will look after you..
Should I be doubly worried then? :wink: ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it possibly depends WHY she's having to look after you!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more