all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

crash_and_burn wrote:Those of you who haven't ordered, support your local cd store, whatever it may be, and get it there, once it arrives.
So don't buy it then?

Unless you're lucky enough to live in a big city, the record stores here are chain owned or second hand.

Also, whichever head is responsible for genre labeling and shelf stocking in Music Zone needs to roll by yesterday so that I didn't waste this morning looking through a "Metal" section padded with Blink 18-f**king-2. :evil:
mh
Above the Chemist

I got mine. :D

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=284342#284342

The damage is undone.
On both the music and the sleeve.

There's a scan of a recording studio thingie on FALAA with a song called "Wide Receiver" listed on it.

The booklet notes are just a history of the band.

Haven't read/listened to everything yet, so more news as I get it!!!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

Never Land (no longer a fragment) is 11:59 long!!!

And has extra lyrics too!!!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:eek:

so it's for real then hé :lol:

After so many years, finally new (yes I know...) Sisters product in the shops :D
in dub we trust
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:Never Land (no longer a fragment) is 11:59 long!!!

OMG, you lucky bastard! :D
bismarck

mh wrote:There's a scan of a recording studio thingie on FALAA with a song called "Wide Receiver" listed on it.

Yeah, that's a song that Andrew worked up into demo form and suggested for the album sessions. It never made it much past the demo, which is pretty widely available. There's a thread about that somewhere on these boards... I havent seen the scan, but is the "studio thingie" the chalkboard?
aims
Overbomber

We need a transcript, pronto! :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

bismarck wrote:
mh wrote:There's a scan of a recording studio thingie on FALAA with a song called "Wide Receiver" listed on it.

Yeah, that's a song that Andrew worked up into demo form and suggested for the album sessions. It never made it much past the demo, which is pretty widely available. There's a thread about that somewhere on these boards... I havent seen the scan, but is the "studio thingie" the chalkboard?
It's one of those sheets you see with tracks and the like on it. I have Wide Receiver itself, but I do remember that there was some controversy about whether it was a real Sisters song or an imitator. This answers it. It's also listed on another sheet from Strawberry along with Tones, Spit on Your Grave, Scottish One, Little Wing and Emma.
TheBoyNextDoor

mh wrote:It's one of those sheets you see with tracks and the like on it. I have Wide Receiver itself, but I do remember that there was some controversy about whether it was a real Sisters song or an imitator. This answers it. It's also listed on another sheet from Strawberry along with Tones, Spit on Your Grave, Scottish One, Little Wing and Emma.
:notworthy:

What about SKOS (early)?
How's the sound quality?
mh
Above the Chemist

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:What about SKOS (early)?
How's the sound quality?
Pretty decent through my PC rig here in work. Vocals are clear, even though it's obviously a demo.

I'll make an effort at transcribing Never Land this evening when I get home, although there is quite a lot of it. I'm sure that it'll be what one would expect from a first attempt, and that better will follow.
TheBoyNextDoor

Thanks mh, looking forward to that transcription. 8)
crash_and_burn
Road Kill

On a different note, but related to the reissues, has anyone found any official Sisters promotion of these cd's, or any comments whatsoever about them? I remember how the Cure site advertised all of their reissues.
Badlander
Overbomber

crash_and_burn wrote:On a different note, but related to the reissues, has anyone found any official Sisters promotion of these cd's, or any comments whatsoever about them? I remember how the Cure site advertised all of their reissues.
These are completely different issues. Robert Smith was, is and will be the driving force behind The Cure's reissues. A good portion of the bonus tracks come from his private collection, not the record company's vault. He's involved in pretty much everything that's released in the name of The Cure. Whereas apparently Von was not even as much as consulted about the Girls' reissues.
Only one of the two has managed to keep a rather healthy relationship with his record company (which doesn't necessarily mean that he likes it).
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:eek:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I guess I never heard it before... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Extra lyrics? :eek:

*faints*
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
mh
Above the Chemist

Badlander wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:On a different note, but related to the reissues, has anyone found any official Sisters promotion of these cd's, or any comments whatsoever about them? I remember how the Cure site advertised all of their reissues.
These are completely different issues. Robert Smith was, is and will be the driving force behind The Cure's reissues. A good portion of the bonus tracks come from his private collection, not the record company's vault. He's involved in pretty much everything that's released in the name of The Cure. Whereas apparently Von was not even as much as consulted about the Girls' reissues.
Only one of the two has managed to keep a rather healthy relationship with his record company (which doesn't necessarily mean that he likes it).
Either way, let's hope this is the first step towards rectifying the many crimes that have been committed on the Sissie's back catalogue.

And also that it will generate interest in a new LP, of course.

I reckon Keith will be delighted to learn the working titles for 2 of the VT tracks. "Bon Jovi" and "Bon Jovi".
scotty
Overbomber

mh wrote:
I reckon Keith will be delighted to learn the working titles for 2 of the VT tracks. "Bon Jovi" and "Bon Jovi".
:lol: Apt, very apt Michael :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
mh
Above the Chemist

No transcription necessary! They're printed.
Never Land wrote:And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will

We are coming down, we fall
Hand in hand in hand in hand
We are coming down but we will
Never never land

I had a face on the mirror etc...

Never never land

With our backs to the sky
And our eyes to the ground
With the clouds far below
No horizon around

With the wind in our face
And our arms open wide
We will pass through this place
To the other side

All the days of our lives
All the ways of our calling
Fall

James Blast
Banned

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D NOTWORTHY!
there is a God after all :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D NOTWORTHY!
there is a God after all :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OK, but do try to keep your man-juice in this time. :lol:
aims
Overbomber

Fook.

That puts the title in a whole new light.

I think this makes the time I found out that Teen Spirit was a deodorant seem wonderfully insignificant :eek:
bismarck

mh wrote:No transcription necessary! They're printed.
Never Land wrote:And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will

Never never land

Wow, the lyrics are good, too. It's funny, i've thought - through the years - a lot about all the double entendres and hidden meanings of Andrew's lyrics, as I'm sure we all have, but for some reason I never thought that "never land" was intended as it is used here, ie: "we are coming down, but we will never land." I guess I always thought of it as a place, "neverland," and consequently always wondered why the song title was "Never Land" instead of "Neverland" I thought Andrew was just being contrary, like "highered hand," and "Prey for me," you know. Well, now I know better.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

The set is advertised in the current issue of Record Collector and also mentioned in the upcoming releases list with Nov. 6 as the date and Rhino as the company who issues them.

Jim
Slight Overbomber

Ok so it's true. So now my main gripe is that some c**t has been holding out on us for... ooh, TWENTY YEARS.

I feel conflicted right now.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
James Blast
Banned

Jim wrote:Ok so it's true. So now my main gripe is that some c**t has been holding out on us for... ooh, TWENTY YEARS.

I feel conflicted right now.
I was just about to PM you with the good news. ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele