AHR�YEPH

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Thank you, all of you for being there last night! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

As first gigs ever go, this couldn't have been better. It wasn't near perfection on our part like IZ suggested, but it was damn good! I've said this before, but I have a great band around me. The NFD guys were raving about our drummer, which will no doubt please him to no end. :) I was a bit unsure what they'd think of our Blue Water cover - especially Tony, of course - but they really liked it! I can now die in peace. ;D Great guys, those NFD's! We hit it off very well and there's even a chance we'll get to play together in the not so distant future as well. :D And they played a great set and some killer Neph tunes! Absolutely ace!
As for our gig, we couldn't be happier with the reception we got, even though I didn't realise Annie Lennox was from Aberdeen. ;D The only thing I regret is that it was just impossible to talk to everyone for longer than a couple of minutes until well after the gig. But we made up for that at the 33 afterparty, didn't we? ;)

Once again : thanks, all of you who were and weren't there; it meant a big deal to us!

SETLIST

Intro : End I - Hindsight
In Sickness
Misanthropia
Seele
Memories
Distanced
The Rain Suite
Lililth
End II - Insight

Never Summer Land
Here Comes The Rain Again
A Forest
Blue Water

Oh, by the way. The gig was recorded and filmed from three different angles. We'll make a DVD of that. Just so you know. Slightly better than a bootleg, methinks... ;)
eotunun
Overbomber

*The sound had been around for hours and hours.
Constantly. Steadily. Monotonously.
"thump, thump, thump..."
All of a sudden-Silence!
But this silence was only to last until the sound of the keys hammered his name into the cables to Heartland, so he could say the words:
"I missed it! I bloody damn missed it! WAH!"
Hey pushed the keyboard asside and hit his head on the table. "Thump!"
And again. "Thump!" And again. And again.
"Thump, thump, thump.."
With the steadiness of a machine.*
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

You weren't there, but you weren't forgotten Jüm... :)
eotunun
Overbomber

When James saw others drink Duvel he started looking for a fork, oi? ;D
I'm pleased to hear it was a success! I never would have had any doubts in that, though.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ahráyeph wrote:You weren't there, but you weren't forgotten Jüm... :)
You did not indeed :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Just back in Antwerp and positively dead now, want to thank everyone who made it, special mention going out to Leuven's favourite rock star, ARF, MC Blaast and his Kru (fantastic to finally get to meet the Big Man) and obviously all my other mates. You guys really always manage to make a night into a very special one.

Thanks! :notworthy:

Ma heid's turning on the insidenow though :eek:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Looks like I missed a cracker damnit!! Glad to hear it went so well :notworthy: :notworthy:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

here's NFD's setlist:

Omen (short)
Light My Way
My possession
Turbine
Stronger
Unleashed
Darkness Falls
One Moment
Descent (xtra chorus)
Caged
When The Sun Dies

Move In Closer
So Let It Begin

Psychonaut
Moonchild
Preacher Man
in dub we trust
christophe
Overbomber

the concert was ACE ;D
you really did a good job Raf! I'm real happy to have been present.
pictures will follow later, I'm only waking up now so give me a couple of hours :innocent:

stupid little me had the Ahrayeph setlist signed by the NFD members but who wouldn't be confused with all those rockstars :innocent:
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

christophe wrote:the concert was ACE ;D
you really did a good job Raf! I'm real happy to have been present.
pictures will follow later, I'm only waking up now so give me a couple of hours :innocent:

stupid little me had the Ahrayeph setlist signed by the NFD members but who wouldn't be confused with all those rockstars :innocent:
..and thus a collector's item was born...
Your house is almost paid, just wait a few years! ;D
~Rufus T. Firefly
mh
Above the Chemist

A DVD? Like, for €€€ and stuff?

Do keep us informed, and here's to the next one (hope I can make it)! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

love you all. Feels like family ;D ;D Would never had thougth that things like this exist. the rafke's gang was superb over the top. Next time AB in Brussels :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :?:

and an hugh pleasure to finally meet my fellow "old" heartlander ;D Oldies must stick together ya knooow ;D ;D

great pleasure of seeing you again and meet some new people like claire, libby, joerie.

until the next. Hope it will be sonn :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

A DVD, like for €€€ and stuff, but not the big bucks, as it's not a professionally taped gig (even though we'll produce the multitrack audio in a professional manner). At least we have three angles to work with, so we'll do some editing to make it look good and have a good quality sound. Perhaps do an audio CD only version of it as well, we'll see how it'll pan out...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Back in the Lowlands and not even tired! :D

It was effin' great to witness the first ever and forever famous gig of Aráyeph, Great job Raf! :notworthy:

NFD was great to watch as well though I must say that this band misses balance as the bass player is too good for this band.

The afterparty could have been better but hey....HL-ers make their own party... :D :notworthy:
I truly loved the nice and strong vodka drink the night, or better say early morning, ended with. :D

Great to meet my Belgian friends again! Always more than a pleasure. It is like coming home every time again. Special thanks to Lies en Joery once again! :notworthy: :kiss:
Meeting old friends and new friends and some great gigs made this one a top day and nite out! Finally meeting some of the Scottish was unforgetable! Have a safe and good trip home mates!

Thank you all! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
James Blast
Banned

just landed back and want to say it was Awesome! and Ahráyeph, Oh My Brother we are truer than ever :notworthy:

more will follow...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Nae phoaties up yet? I bet there's some belters. :D

What the Blaastman said, top weekend all round! :notworthy:

@mybelgiannemesis - GIRFUY! :twisted:

Wish you could have stayed on longer and gone to the 33 afterparty, Blaast and I drank the Lido dry
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:Nae phoaties up yet?
Working on it ;D :wink:
It won't take too long anymore ... I hope ....
scotty
Overbomber

Just had a bleather with Blast on the phone, sounds like a great time was had by all :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Still fuckin' GUTTED I wasn't there :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

and so you should be my guid JockoHomo Bro, and so you should be :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Well I saw a fantastic gig and some fantastic people once again.
Lovely to meet those of you I hadn't already too 8)

Special mentions to those who put me up (and put up with me) - Raf, Zeno's gr8 m8 Louis and the incomparable Z-man himself... I can't thank you guys enough for being there, you truly came into your own as friends and as people. Total reth-pekt is due :notworthy:
Last edited by boudicca on 24 Sep 2007, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pista
Cureboi

Sounds like it was a forking good night there.
Great to hear that you enjoyed it ARF & band.
That's the main thing.
Saving the pennies for the next one.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As been said before bij the other witnesses ... it definately was a top nite out and overall weekend ... but hey, I didn't expect anything less in the company of you all ...

What an ace venue for a first gig, Raf! You guys absolutely did a great job and it all sounded and looked very professional ... like the band is playing together for much longer :notworthy:

But besides the music ... the friendship was felt.
James, Si and Claire, so good to see you again or for the first time. It's not evident coming over so :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: for the three of you!!!
Unfortunately, Scotty, Zuma and Jurgen couldn't make it, but never forget ... there's always a next time and hopefully that's pretty soon :notworthy:

Stefan, I noticed you on the Zottegem piccies, not realising it was you :oops: Nice to meet you :notworthy:
Zeno, Christophe, Iz and Koen ... you really know how to throw a party guys, but this time I kept it safe ;D

The afterparty at the 33 was a great way of partying the night away 8)

Patje, our guest, you're more than welcome! Thanks for everything and if there's one problem we have, it's not being able to find our beds. But we're learning ... 9 o'clock this time is already 5 hours earlier than last time :innocent:
The day after was lovely as well on a very special location in Antwerp :wink: :D

So ... nothing more to add ... let the pictures speak ...

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... /Ahrayeph/
smiscandlon
Overbomber

анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Awesome, libs! ;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

Ok, here's my two cents worth:

***Warning ~ The Following Post Will Contain Many !!!!!'s***

What can I say? Well I never had any fear in ma Bro's musical prowess and he told me his band were hot, but feck me! You have to see and hear to believe what "hot" really means! You would never have known it was their first gig, this band sounds like it's been together for years and really know its chops. They have the speed, the power and the guts to play an absolute (and it weighs in around the 12 minute mark, folks) epic like "The Rain Suite" with all its subtleties and atmospheric, almost silent, moments and not only get away with it, but win the audience over. I looked around the crowd during TRS, and could see people turning to each other and nodding then looking back at the stage with great big smiles on their faces. I don't speak them Foreign's language but I'm pretty damn sure I know what they were saying and thinking. This is my second gig in Belgium and the second one to make me moist of eye: Never Summer Land - 'nuff said. Maybe it's something in the beer or air that makes it happen. :innocent:
Ahráyeph (for once I will give them their correct name, they deserve it) do wear their influences on their sleeve but bring their own take to it and it's a very refreshing take, plus they have a lead singer with not only talent and musical ability but that elusive quality - stage presence. ARF! is a man possessed on stage who still manages to keep the party atmosphere going. The in between song banter was great and I sure hope this comes across in the (soon to be released) DVD.

10 MC Blaast's out of 10!!!!!

Did I mention they have great songs as well? Oh! and NFD were pretty feckin' special too!

Major :notworthy: 's to everyone involved and I do mean everyone! except some guy who's on holiday in Spain ;D

finally...
Hey laydee, poot ya daawg onna leesh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by James Blast on 24 Sep 2007, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
~ Peter Steele