Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

christophe wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: a very nice and cosy pub called "Het Land Van Belofte" (or "Het Land" in short)
cosy it is :notworthy: but isn't it called "het belofte land" ? (I never look at the nametags of these places :lol: )
This reminds me we Have to stop in the Zuut for a drink, I hear they got a new wallpainting :innocent:
Could be either ;) I know it was a restaurant, which now moved to Berlaar (my old hometown), now it is only the pub and I think they changed the name from Belofte Land to Land van Belofte now...

Zuut is also nice, but a real smoorkot :? and ful of young hip teenage angst who believe that skaterock is limited to toddlerpunk a la Green Day and Blink 182 :roll:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Zuut is also nice, but a real smoorkot :? and ful of young hip teenage angst who believe that skaterock is limited to toddlerpunk a la Green Day and Blink 182 :roll:
that one gets a, Next! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Zuut is also nice, but a real smoorkot :? and ful of young hip teenage angst who believe that skaterock is limited to toddlerpunk a la Green Day and Blink 182 :roll:

IZ.
I see there the same people I see in Moevement :innocent: (for real) and clearly you don't know the owner. just ask for a tune and he'll start looking for it. :notworthy:
but maybe I like it becaus the people are more or less my age. :)
hey we'll see, it will be a long weekend.

@ james, you meanth to say, Next! stop de zuut ;D
Another Shade of You.
Izzy HaveMercy

christophe wrote:

IZ.
I see there the same people I see in Moevement :innocent: (for real) and clearly you don't know the owner. just ask for a tune and he'll start looking for it. :notworthy:
but maybe I like it becaus the people are more or less my age. :)
hey we'll see, it will be a long weekend.

@ james, you meanth to say, Next! stop de zuut ;D
I know the owner well enough ;D he asked me to play some tunes there in the past, so together with 13Vision13 (Filder) we tried to re-educate the youngsters there.

They asked for skaterock, we gave them Rykers, Suicidal, Bad Religion and The Cro-Mags. Then they came back to us to ask when we'd stop playing that ultra-heavy s**t and play some skaterock like Green Day and Offspring.

Last time I ever played there :twisted:

I also know the in-between barman 'De Lucas'...he was a frequent visitor of my Auld Pub 'Prins Kardinaal' afore it...disappeared :|

EDIT: as an aside, SAM pointed out, a couple of days ago that 'den Torre' aka 'De Zuut' was the pub where us two had our first decent chat together, resulting in his playing bass guitar in 'The Avatar', and further on collaborating with me on For Greater Good...

Rock history is written in every pub in Lier! :lol:

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Good thing that place Walter 'what's in a last name' Grootaers had for a while has been closed for ages then. I'm not sure rock history could bear whatever it was that would be written there... :twisted:
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Good thing that place Walter 'what's in a last name' Grootaers had for a while is closed then... :twisted:
If you want to see him, you ahve to go to Betty's Place on the Grote Markt 't Elzenhof' ;D

If you want to see Belgians best kept Rock Secret Wimmeke 'Wolfbanes' Punk, go to the Belofte Land... ;)

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I've roadied for Wimmeke. He keeps his gear in a pressed cardboard 'valiesken', believe it or not... ;D
christophe
Overbomber

@ IZ :notworthy: you continue to amaze me. :notworthy:
I know De Lucas a bit, be defeated me at darts some time ago (never play against the bartender at your very first game :lol: )
Btw, me and the Antwerp gang ‘met’ Wimmeke and his bolleke last Sunday and we saw his record collection, the man has taste I give him that.
Oh and while driving home from that I nearly hit Betty while crossing the street, she was just a bit to fast for me. :( :twisted:

Hell, tomorrow will be a better day to tell these tails. See you all soon.
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

Aye, Christophe.
Eotunun says G´night, see the invaders tomorrow, the rest of you monday evening! ;D
There is shadow under this red rock
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Just occurred to me - Raf, do you know the way to Christophe's hoose? :eek: :urff: :oops:

(If it's still the plan that I'll drop my stuff off on the way up to Antwerp that is).

If not, Christophe, could you tell him? :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eotunun
Overbomber

Bring all stuff to Antwerp and dump it into the Christophehicle is what I´ll do. If your parents have some furniture left in their house, that should work for you too, I guess? ;D
G´night! (Re-release!)
There is shadow under this red rock
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Good night ... See you tomorrow :D
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Just occurred to me - Raf, do you know the way to Christophe's hoose? :eek: :urff: :oops:

(If it's still the plan that I'll drop my stuff off on the way up to Antwerp that is).

Christophe asked me to drop off you and your stuff in Antwerp, since he'll also come by car. I think he doesnae want me to know where exactly he lives in Zoersel for some reason... ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ahráyeph wrote:
boudicca wrote:Just occurred to me - Raf, do you know the way to Christophe's hoose? :eek: :urff: :oops:

Christophe asked me to drop off you and your stuff in Antwerp, since he'll also come by car. I think he doesnae want me to know where exactly he lives in Zoersel for some reason... ;D
OK. See you all soon ;D :kiss:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I'd better start packing damint! See you all later :) :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

"It's coming. It's coming in from the west side" :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Christophe asked me to drop off you and your stuff in Antwerp, since he'll also come by car. I think he doesnae want me to know where exactly he lives in Zoersel for some reason... ;D
:lol:
in all the confusion I thought this would be the best idea.
(now i figure most of you are on your way but it will all turn out just fine; I'm sure :innocent: )
I see you all in Antwerp.
Another Shade of You.
Izzy HaveMercy

While we're waiting for the first one to arrive ;D

Bayonets are cleaned and fixed...

Troops are briefed...

We are as ready as we'll ever be...

Bring on the jocks!

IZ.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Have a great time guys and gals :D
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

They're heeeeeere!!! ;D
Izzy HaveMercy

WELCOME TO BELGIUM!!!! ;D

The madness... begins :twisted:

IZ.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:WELCOME TO BELGIUM!!!! ;D

IZ.
Shouldn't you two be sat in a bar somewhere in Belgium? :wink: :lol: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Izzy HaveMercy

Planet Dave wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:WELCOME TO BELGIUM!!!! ;D

IZ.
Shouldn't you two be sat in a bar somewhere in Belgium? :wink: :lol: :notworthy:
I will only join the madness on Saturday, for I have to go and prepare some stuff...

Also, still a bit ill and I have to be en pleine forme for Saturday...going on a binge with the crew will have some disastrous results for tomorrow I fear...:|

My heart wants to, but the mind and reason tells me otherwise! ;)

IZ.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Hee! I wonder if they are all pished yet and the destroying has begun! :twisted:

Sorry to read that Ozpat :( and My Dominion :( won't be there, definately next time! :wink: We'll get pished in your honour and for many more reasons....

IZ babes ~ please feel better tomorrow! I caught your germs thank you very much so I suppose we can snot all over each other. We'll be leaving sometime in the am and I think I have your address, so should we just meet you at home or keep in contact via sms?

Looking sooo forward to seeing ya all tomorrow BUT be prepared! :twisted:

MB xxx
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

this is Uncle James as Raf as Ive forgotten my password and this azerty kybd is daein ma heid in
We are not in the pub yet - poor show Johnny Foriegner :evil:

I need drink[/b]