Crystal Palace 1993 comments?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

H. Blackrose wrote:Black Celebration is one of the greatest albums of the 80's. I'd actually put it marginally ahead of First and Last and Always in my list. However, the Mode have never done anything as good as Floodland.

Of their last three albums, the latest is great, the two before them were, in Von's understated terms, "very dreary".
Though I listen to Sisters more though these days it was DM I was into first. While I'd place First and Last and Always, Floodland ahead, Black Celebration, Music For The Masses and Violator are all absolute classics of that time. Personally I liked Ultra too, one of my favourite albums of my teenage years. Wasn't keen on Exciter but the last one was good.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I was at Crystal Palace that day & all i can really remember is enjoying The Sisters very much indeedy... & enjoying DM very much indeedy too! A bunch of us had been drinking heavily so maybe that explains the happy factor :innocent:

A personal highlight was trying to teach the Kevs & Trevs to mosh during the DM set ~ hilarious.