Patricia Morrison - Reflect on this

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

RobF wrote:compilation vids you could get from that Count Orlok geezer at record fairs up north about 15 years ago

He's doing record fairs nowadays?
Dan
Overbomber

RobF wrote:I'm pretty sure those T.V. appearance compilation vids you could get from that Count Orlok geezer at record fairs up north about 15 years ago contained two alleged Montreux tracks :?: Might have a look in the attic later, might drink and read instead though, no promises.
I once saw someone selling a video that looked like it might have 2 songs from Montreux (the stall was in Camden, in the electric ballroom, actually on the stage!) but the tape was badly labelled and I could already spot errors so I wasn't gonna shell out £10 or whatever the price was for the possibility of getting one song I wanted (which probably turned out to be The Roxy or TOTP instead).
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bringing this thread back on track for a moment (!) - the album arrived today and I listend to it in the car on the way to work.

Not sure it will get a second playing on the way home though!

Its not that it sounds like a bad album - its just that nothing really grabbed me and the fact that I cant really remember much of the songs says it all I think.
Anyanka Vengeance
Road Kill

SomeKindOfStranger wrote: Its not that it sounds like a bad album - its just that nothing really grabbed me and the fact that I cant really remember much of the songs says it all I think.
I was kinda surprised on hearing it for the first time. I myself only bought it a few weeks ago. I thought her voice would be higher after hearing 'vocals' on Dominion, This Corrosion. It's not a bad album. I did quite like the 'hidden' track.

She is better in The Damned though. If you buy their Grave Disorder album, you will hear that she does actually play bass! Maybe Captain Sensible gave her a few pointers etc.

Anyway, I'm biased....I'm going on holiday with her best friend in a week :D Don't say anything naughty or I will tell! :wink:
Pissy Road Kill, I don't wanna be road kill...meh!
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:I just won an ebay auction for this CD - the question is, do people thing it is any good? (or not...)

(perhaps I should have asked before bidding....)
I'm listening to this right now. Short answer to the question (that you posed 12 years ago :lol:) is 'No, it's bloody awful'.
metalorange wrote:On reflection Patricia was never really happy with the final sound of "Reflect On This" and has since found it very difficult to listen to.
Me too. But I blame the songs rather than the final sound.