Have you ever met the band?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On May 31, 2002 11:47pm, Zigeunerweisen wrote:
But anyway, my ego is STILL bigger than just 1,85m, my ego makes me one of the tallest people on this planet. :von:
If we're going to discuss egos, my dear, do you know the way from here to infinite?
I do. I gets there. :von:
bar code
Road Kill

@ DI

keep using the :von: smilie...!!!

keep up the good work!
:von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: ! :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von:
i can't help it about the shape i'm in, i can't sing, i ain't pretty and my legs are thin.
but don't ask me what i think of you,
i might not give an answer that you want me tooo...
bar code
Road Kill

On Jun 1, 2002 7:09am, dead inside wrote:
On May 31, 2002 11:47pm, Zigeunerweisen wrote:
But anyway, my ego is STILL bigger than just 1,85m, my ego makes me one of the tallest people on this planet. :von:
If we're going to discuss egos, my dear, do you know the way from here to infinite?
I do. I gets there. :von:
remember all:

yes, there are two paths, you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on...

:smile: :smile: :smile: :von:
i can't help it about the shape i'm in, i can't sing, i ain't pretty and my legs are thin.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

"I have a girl counsin your size! Like Ziggy says, it's the hormones they put on the chikens and meaat in general!"

Hehehe - maybe... Or, conversely, it *might* have something to do with the fact that I have very tall Danish and Latvian relatives!!! :roll: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Vanessa

[quote]
On May 31, 2002 6:00pm, SINsister wrote:
"You can't imagine how tall that is around here. Especially if you are a woman and you like to "look up to" a guy..."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Like many, a near miss at the Vanbrugh College gig, although Von did hand me a fairy cake.
Saw him when I arrived and was just about to say he looked like Eldritch when I realised he was Eldritch!
Other than that, there was the very drunk young lady I wouldn't let through to the barrier at the front of the stage.
Thought she looked strangely familiar - that would be because she was Eldritch's girlfriend who I'd seen in the
bar earlier.
Oops!
I learned later he was quite friendly after the gig - had I
bothered to hang around.
Probably blew the best chance I'll have of meeting him.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

@ Vanessa: I didn't say that, *dead inside* did - heeheehee! :P

*I* personally don't like having to "look up to men" (literally, thanks - figuratively speaking, I don't, and never have!)!! :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
zigeunerweisen

Erm, don't presume you know what I mean. I said that I'm not particularly bothered about meeting the band and I meant it. On a good day they may be included in my top 10 favourite bands but I wouldn't bust a gut to see them etc etc. I saw them play once, I have a few vinyls/cds of their stuff, thats all. Not into celebrity worship, sorry.
On a bad day they're still my number one favourite band, but i'm not into celebrity worship either. But since they ARE my favourite band i wouldn't say no to the chance of meeting them if they happened to have dinner in the same restaurant i was in at the moment or something like that but i won't lose any sleep over it if it never happens.

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Zigeunerweisen on Jun 1, 2002 8:05pm ]</font>
seven years in Tibet
Road Kill

[/quote] Groupie Smurf writes:

Erm, don't presume you know what I mean. I said that I'm not particularly bothered about meeting the band and I meant it. On a good day they may be included in my top 10 favourite bands but I wouldn't bust a gut to see them etc etc. I saw them play once, I have a few vinyls/cds of their stuff, thats all. Not into celebrity worship, sorry.

Do you think The Sisters Of Murphy are better than the real thing groupie Smurf? Are you a formula one groupie instead? (only joking)
I love myself far too much to be a celebrity worshiper!
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
bar code
Road Kill

dat because you has got an edoocayshun... :von:
seven years in Tibet
Road Kill

Cocoa writes.

Very much so. Not in a way that puts people off though. He seems a genuinely nice guy, just quiet. From what I heard afterward, he was ridiculously drunk at the time too, which means he must be even more quiet sober.
:razz:

[/quote]

The quiet ones are normally the worst.
Did he have his African Queen wearing 6inch stilleto's by his side at the time of the event?
Maybe he never had a chance to get a word in edgeways, you know what women are like. OOPS I did it again!
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :*

mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

I ended up standing next to him at the Fenton gig in Leeds, 1996. Gave him a fag and got a chance to ask one question.

Alas, the best thing I could think of at the time was "So, how do you stay so thin?".

His reply: "It's probably the drugs. That or being a diabetic".

zigeunerweisen

;D
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

right then, time for my two penn'orth...

nope, never met any of them.

von brushed past me at the end of the fenton gig in 96 and i only remember being struck by his lack of stature.

oh and at vanbrugh last year he took the time to tell my mate that he owned the same footie top. (ajax home kit if anyone's interested)

i have on the other hand met all of the smurph's and very nice they are too :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: RicheyJames on Jun 18, 2002 7:01am ]</font>
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

On Jun 3, 2002 9:39am, groupie smurph wrote:
I do think that the Smurphs are better than the real thing to be honest. They play often, give a s**t about making sure that they play well, and that the 'fans' have a good time. A smurph gig is a guarenteed good night out whereas from some of the stuff people have put on here seeing the sisters can be a bit hit or miss.
Groupie, you just too sweet... :*

After that, who needs advertising?
Vanessa

Has anyone EVER seen Adam smile?

Surely being the bridesmaid isn't that bad?

;D ;D ;D
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Groupie.....we are starting to blush now big time....

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

On Jun 14, 2002 2:32pm, Padstar wrote:
Groupie.....we are starting to blush now big time....
she does have a wee point though. the sisters ARE a bit hit or miss these days, and although i've only seen the smurphs twice they were a very big hit each time :smile:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Now you are being very naughty !!!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

On Jun 14, 2002 11:05pm, Padstar wrote:
Now you are being very naughty !!!

Paddy.
Yeah but we remember how long you and she were gone for whilst she was 'paying' you. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Dirk McQuigley
Road Kill

Some friends and I met the band upstairs at the Ritz in Manchester at the end of a gig in 1985. Eldritch was with the singer from Vicious Pink Phenomena at the time. Can't remember her name but we'd met each other before. Anyways, we spoke to everyone bar Eldritch. (He was being 'moody'). Gary Marks was the most approachable one. One lad we were with, a lad called Brendan was pestering everyone in the band that much for autographs that I turned to Gary and quipped, 'You might as well give him some of your pubes'. So guess what? Gary started yanking pubes out of his pants and offering them around. It was hilarious. Brendan didn't think so though.
I had another good laugh at the expense of a friend later that night. When he proudly produced all of his signed records for everyone to examine I pointed out to him that he had missed getting Dr.Avalanche's autograph. The poor lad was gutted. Hahahaha!
Ah, Josey. I think that was her name. I got to kiss her before Eldritch anyway.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Is is me or are "most" of the fans on this forum - a little "short" - it would appear that only SinSister and myself are to be considered tall - and I am 6' 4' - only one inch below "John Cleese"

Hence at gigs - I can see Von from "Anywhere!" - (Ahahahah*evil laugh*)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
RobF

Bloody hell :!: I'm 5' 6" and proud, and I can't see anything unless I'm up a pyramid ;D
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Andy TG
Overbomber

RobF wrote:Bloody hell :!: I'm 5' 6" and proud, and I can't see anything unless I'm up a pyramid ;D
When did the Sisters play 'Eygpt?" ;-)

So if any of anyones going to the Bristol gig - I will be the very tall *cough* "G***" - in black of course1 ;D :innocent:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M