Oh dear what happened to the old days???

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

a point in his grumpy underpants!? :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:a point in his grumpy underpants!? :eek:
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:eek:
Better than nothing..
There is shadow under this red rock
aims
Overbomber

mh wrote:Otherwise we'd all be listening to Eric Clapton and Sting. :|
For the record, Clapton is a technically awful guitarist ;)

And Chris May is the perfect guy for the Sisters. Young, energetic, broad field of reference and already well established. Ben Christo I know f**k all about, but he does a damn good job :von:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Motz wrote:

And Chris May is the perfect guy for the Sisters. Young, energetic, broad field of reference and already well established. Ben Christo I know f**k all about, but he does a damn good job :von:
Just my musings, but I think our own Ahráyeph would do a nice thing with the new songs... ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

...and to whoever characterized Chris May as nothing more than a "hired hand" (or "highered hand")... he wrote the music to "Still" as far as I know, the only new Sisters song in the past 2 (?) years. I think that qualifies him as a bit more than a hand...
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

slicepack wrote:
mh wrote:
James Blast wrote:nae arguement here 8)
None here either. :notworthy:

Maybe tied for 1st place with getting away from East West

On the whole "musical talent" and "playing ability" thing, I thought it was relatively old news that how groovy it sounds is just as important as (if not more important than) technical proficiency.

Otherwise we'd all be listening to Eric Clapton and Sting. :|
I think it's sad that it now apparently doesn't matter who is playing guitar in TSOM.
if so, then how about carlos santana? not a bad guitar player and he even wears sunglasses on stage sometimes.... :lol:
This is not revenche, this is punishment
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Motz wrote:
'kin Nora Motz,you Musos talk such utter bollocks some times.Ever listened to Cream or the stuff he did with The Bluesbreakers-brilliant.OK so since he stopped the drugs his work is boring AOR crap (Ditto Sting) but technically awful or not he made an ace sound.
Same goes with Gary Marx-Take 2 Sisters tunes "Red Sky disapears" (Rubbish production,"technically" rotten guitar playing etc) and "Detonation boulivard"(polished production and musicianship);The first makes every hair on my body stand on end,the second makes me want to kick the record player in.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:got your grumpy underpants on Mr. slicepack?
I might have..!

I want my Sisters members to be exclusively Sisters members - every waking hours taken up with BEING IN THE SISTERS OF MERCY - and that means not being a member of 200 other frankly s**t bands, spending the evening spinning other peoples records in trendy wine bars, or lurking around provincial goth pubs (i.e. The Hatchet in Bristol) getting girls by dint of your CV.

And the worst crime of all - being in The Sisters and then using your MySpace account to pimp your OTHER BANDS. As a fan, I am frankly oblivious of other bands existing at all - and come on - if you were playing geetar in TSOM, why would you give the impression that that was some how not enough for you? "Hey! I'm Slicepack - I play in the Sisters! Not cool enough for you? Well check out my other band - BUTTPLUNGER - we'll be playing the Rat & Ferret in Camden in the new year."

IT'S JUST WRONG.

slicepack wrote:
I might have..!

I want my Sisters members to be exclusively Sisters members - every waking hours taken up with BEING IN THE SISTERS OF MERCY - and that means not being a member of 200 other frankly s**t bands, spending the evening spinning other peoples records in trendy wine bars, or lurking around provincial goth pubs (i.e. The Hatchet in Bristol) getting girls by dint of your CV.
So not remixing, producing or putting out other bands' records?

Andrew'll be pleased...
James Blast
Banned

You could be right slice but the world really has moved on since 1983/5. This is the norm these days, collaborations in other projects are no longer restricted by distance (cf. my work with a man I have never met in Belgium), so there is a greater degree of cross-pollination. A culture merge, if you will.
I agree the 'last gang in town' mentality of The Sisters has long gone but I think this trio + Nurse have a good chance of finding the 2006/7 equivalent of it.

thank you for your time
James
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:You could be right slice
Given the above, I don't see how that's possible.
robertzombie
Overbomber

slicepack wrote:
I might have..!

And the worst crime of all - being in The Sisters and then using your MySpace account to pimp your OTHER BANDS. As a fan, I am frankly oblivious of other bands existing at all - and come on - if you were playing geetar in TSOM, why would you give the impression that that was some how not enough for you? "Hey! I'm Slicepack - I play in the Sisters! Not cool enough for you? Well check out my other band - BUTTPLUNGER - we'll be playing the Rat & Ferret in Camden in the new year."

IT'S JUST WRONG.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

And while I'm in Ranting mode, can I remind every one that at the last TSOM Bristol gig, the lights went down, and Chris & Ben walked on stage like two lithe rock gods intent on whipping us into a post-apocalyptic frenzy of rawk abandon.
Simon shuffled up to his laptop carrying a f**king TESCOS CARRIER BAG.

Robert Plant once said to a friend of mine - "You know, you'll never do anything new in Rock 'n' Roll" - which I always took to be fair comment.

But I have never seen Robert Plant take to any of the world's stages holding a f**king Tescos carrier bag.

I would have thought that posting from under a bridge you'd be used to carrier bags :roll:
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

Motz wrote:I would have thought that posting from under a bridge you'd be used to carrier bags :roll:
Yes, and just down the road, The m*****n shot the video for Serpent's Kiss.
Overbomber

slicepack wrote: But I have never seen Robert Plant take to any of the world's stages holding a f**king Tescos carrier bag.
The Ramones on the other hand... :innocent:

Okay, not Tesco, but excuse me if I don't know the name of all US chain stores. :roll:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you