Your fave book quote...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

EvilBastard wrote:"Greebo had spent an irritating two minutes in that box. Technically, a cat locked in a box may be alive or it may be dead. You never know until you look. In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious."
Ooooh yes, the Greebo Quotes ;D

"Vargo climbed in [the coffin], twisted and turned a few times to get comfortable on the pillow, then pulled the lid down and latched it.
As the eye of narrative drew back from the coffin on its stand, two things happened. One happened comparatively slowly, and this was Vargo's realisation that he never recalled the coffin having a pillow before.
The other one was Greebo deciding that he was as mad as hell and wasn't going to take it anymore.
He'd been shaken around in the wheely thing and then sat on by Nanny, and he was angry about that because he knew, in a dim, animal way, scratching Nanny might be the single most stupid thing he could do in the whole world, since no one else was prepared to feed him. This hadn't helped his temper. [...]
He'd finally found a comfy resting place and had curled up into a ball, and NOW someone was using him as a cushion ---
There wasn't a great deal of noise. The coffin rocked a few times, and then pivoted around.
Greebo sheathed his claws and went back to sleep..."

--- Terry Pratchett: Carpe Jugulum

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

"looked at the sky,heavy with the smoke of human fat, and there was no god."

Rorschach in The Watchmen by Alan Moore nd Dave Gibbons.

*off the top of my head and possibly slightly misquoted, but haven't got a copy to hand for verification

** if pratchett is in then comics/graphic novels sre in,no?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Not a book quote but I like it... :D

Don't spank the mojo......Tunch Ilkin
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.